• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle (PS3, CC2) and new TV anime announced

evanmisha

First a new Hunter x Hunter TV anime, and now a new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure TV anime? And Samurai Pizza Cats on DVD...

I'm dead, aren't I? This is heaven.

This MANime news is so MANLY I grew a second beard! Loved the fuck out of the Capcom game.

So will there be multiple versions of Dio?

es9Pp.gif

awwfuckyeah.gif

iavi

Why would it be? It's a Namco Bandai game developed by CC2. It would definitely be using their Naruto engine.

And adopted a lot of the visual techniques from Asura's it seems. But, you're probably right, with Namco being the publisher I doubt CC2 would use anything but the NU Library in this instance.

It's not UE3 (nor any other version of UE for the matter).

I'm pretty sure that it isn't now, but I'm not saying that for certain. CC2 just finished a UE title not too long ago, and it rings me so much of one from that higher quality trailer - which isn't a bad thing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What the fuck?

I've just been reading JoJo through again, and even thinking about an All Star Battle game and, boom, here it is.

EDIT: And an anime?!

Dali

And adopted a lot of the visual techniques from Asura's it seems. But, you're probably right, with Namco being the publisher I doubt CC2 would use anything but the NU Library in this instance.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't now, but I'm not saying that for certain. CC2 just finished a UE title not too long ago, and it rings me so much of one from that higher quality trailer - which isn't a bad thing.

I'm guessing because the Naruto games were partially or fully funded by Namco they were unable to use that engine for Asura's Wrath which is produced by Capcom. Since this is again a Namco game it makes no sense for them to use an engine that takes great effort to produce 60fps results.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I liked Part 5 a lot. It was like Battle Tendency 2.
I love it as well. Hell, I'm Italian myself! I wasn't implying everything after part 4 sucks, far from it! Just that it keeps getting better and peaks there (imho) :)

I got the impression the new hunter x hunter anime isn't all that great though.

It's not.
They made it more "children" friendly compared to the manga and the original anime.
Some of the characters have also been redesigned...into something completely different.

Platy

Had to look the maker again .... it looks a LOT like Super Street Fighter/SFxTekken with some onomatopeia in it ...

Too bad it is not Capcom doing =/

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is seriously fucking amazing news. I cannot wait for some CC2 MUDA MUDA MUDA

The fact that this game exists makes me supremely happy.

ReaperXL7

Ok Gaf I need to know before I get too hyped for this, seeing as we got the Dreamcast game what is the likelyhood of us ever getting this in the west?

I know Capcom did the previous, but i'm not sure if I should have faith in Namco...though they are bringing Ni No Kuni...

Riposte

This looks like something I must own. Also already looks more competent than CC2's usual efforts. Just a feeling though.

It's not.
They made it more "children" friendly compared to the manga and the original anime.
Some of the characters have also been redesigned...into something completely different.

What? I haven‘t seen all of the latest arc, and yeah, the violence is toned down because of its time slot, but there haven‘t been any redesigns.

It‘s a good adaptation, not without its faults. but it‘s not bad.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Here's my idea for a Roster...popularity/length influencing amount of suitable characters. Maybe lesser characters could be assist characters?

Part 1 - 3
* Jonathan Joestar (Hamon)
* Dio Brando (Vampire-version)
* Speedwagon (Razor-blade Hat...joke character?)

Part 2 - 5
* Joseph Joestar (Hamon + JoJo Crackers)
* Caesar Zeppeli (Hamon-infused bubbles)
* Lisa Lisa (Hamon-infused scarf)
* Wham (Wind Powers)
* Cars (Light Powers...maybe a Red Stone of Asia power-up Special)

Part 3 - 9
* Jotaro Kujo (Star Platinum)
* Joseph Joestar (Purple Hermit version utilizing grappling moves)
* Noriaki Kakyoin (Hierophant Green)
* Mohammed Abdul (Magician's Red)
* Jean Pierre Polnareff (Silver Chariot)
* Iggy (The Fool)
* Dio Brando (The World)
* Pet Shop (Horus)
* Vanilla Ice (Cream)

Part 4 - 7
* Josuke Higashikata (Crazy Diamond)
* Koichi Hirose (Echoes Act 1, 2, and 3...level-up style character?)
* Okuyasu Nijimura (The Hand)
* Rohan Kishibe (Heaven's Door)
* Akira Otoishi (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)
* Kira Yoshikage (Killer Queen + Sheet Heart Attack)
* "Kosaku Kawajiri" Kira ("Bite the Dust" + Stray Cat Killer Queen)

Part 5 - 6
* Giorno Giovanna (Gold Experience)
* Bruno Buccellati (Sticky Fingers)
* Guido Mista (Sex Pistols)
* Trish Una (Spice Girl)
* Risotto Nero (Metallica)
* Doppio/Diavolo (King Crimson, unleashes Diavolo-side as battle continues)

Part 6 - 6
* Jolyne Kujo (Stone Free)
* F.F. (Foo Fighters)
* Weather Report (Weather Report)
* Narcisco Anasui (Diver Down)
* Enrico Pucci (White Snake)
* "Dio" Pucci (C-Moon/Stairway to Heaven Super)

Part 7 - 6
* Johnny Joestar (Tusk Act 1, 2, 3, and 4...level-up like Koichi?)
* Gyro Zeppelli (Steel Balls)
* Diego Brando (Scary Monster)
* Soundman (In a Silent Way)
* President Valentine (D4C)
* Lucy Steel (Corpse Powers)

Part 8 - 1
* "Josuke Higashikata" (Soft & Wet)

So that's 43.

TreIII

Had to look the maker again .... it looks a LOT like Super Street Fighter/SFxTekken with some onomatopeia in it ...

Too bad it is not Capcom doing =/

I don't see why it makes any difference. A number of the people who made the original Jojo games for Capcom aren't even at the company any more. The director of the CPS3 fighting game classic and its update is at ByKing (Gundam Extreme Vs.) now, for example.

If anything, much like someone else put it earlier, Capcom probably would have outsourced to someone like CC2 anyway. :lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
CyberConnect2

Lower Expectations now. Sure it will be pretty but the combat systems are not made for me
-_-

ReaperXL7

CyberConnect2

Lower Expectations now. Sure it will be pretty but the combat systems are not made for me
-_-

i'll admit I was not much of a fan for Asuras Wrath, but the Naruto Games seem fun enough, does every game "need" to be super hardcore master mode deep to be enjoyable?

I never played the Naruto games outside of the Demos because i'm not really into the series, but i've always seen most with the opinion that while the combat is somewhat simple the games are alot of fun. I'm not saying you should like what you don't like, but i'm curious why you disliked the combat in those games?

AAK

ncr8filthierich.jpg

Something people don't know about this guy.... he's also the best Jojo's Bizarre Adventures player in the planet. If he's going to be a part of it, people don't have to worry about it's competency as a fighting game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
This game better have secret factors back. Loved them in the Capcom games.

iavi

i'll admit I was not much of a fan for Asuras Wrath, but the Naruto Games seem fun enough, does every game "need" to be super hardcore master mode deep to be enjoyable?

I never played the Naruto games outside of the Demos because i'm not really into the series, but i've always seen most with the opinion that while the combat is somewhat simple the games are alot of fun. I'm not saying you should like what you don't like, but i'm curious why you disliked the combat in those games?

Honestly, the ultimate ninja series is one of my favorite multiplayer experiences this gen. I've bought every one.

If JoJo is even half as good in a group it's an instapurchase.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They surely didnt learned in 3 Naruto Games and Asura's Wrath. The game will be a pretty game with Mindless/Shallow gameplay.

Problem is that those are games past Narutimate Accel 2. The Narutimate games in the PS2 are actually pretty deep and surprisingly balanced. The aesthetics the trailer showed mimic the PS2 Naruto games even (dem manga style art and sfx).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Problem is that those are games past Narutimate Accel 2. The Narutimate games in the PS2 are actually pretty deep and surprisingly balanced. The aesthetics the trailer showed mimic the PS2 Naruto games even (dem manga style art and sfx).

We'll see as I said earlier. Very Low expectations. Would have better had eighting doing the game.

Imm0rt4l

so Is this going to be more in line with other fighting games or is it going to be more like home titles such as naruto?

ncr8filthierich.jpg

Something people don't know about this guy.... he's also the best Jojo's Bizarre Adventures player in the planet. If he's going to be a part of it, people don't have to worry about it's competency as a fighting game.

Id flip a shit if FilthieRich brings an early build to EVO.

TreIII

We'll see as I said earlier. Very Low expectations. Would have better have eighting doing the games.

As much as I like 8ing, their record has been just as much in the way of "hit and miss" in the last decade. Or do we need to dredge up the likes of Castlevania: Judgment, Fate: UC, and a few of them earlier Kamen Rider games? :lol

I'm hoping that what AAK spoke of is true. If they actually got Filthie to help balance out the game, this could be something special on our hands.

Teknopathetic said:
I'll keep an open mind, but I'm not expecting a good game. Would love to be wrong, though!

Look at it this way! It CAN'T possibly be worse than the game we got for the 20th anniversary, Phantom Blood for PS2!

Top Bottom