• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle (PS3, CC2) and new TV anime announced

TreIII

True, BUT they could replace them with the other names made not to offend.

Araki likely wouldn't go for it. That's the other half of the reason why we didn't get the Part 5 PS2 game, where he wasn't willing to have his characters renamed, as in the fighting game port.

If he doesn't budge on that much again, well, then there's not much else that could feasibly be done.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gold and experience are pretty common words.

Yeah, but not when they're placed together and made a proper noun.

Are there any details about the TV series?
There was a small trailer showing a manga picture of each main character, and then a brief animation of Jonathan using an attack. The animation of Jonathan looked very rough and low-frame, so I imagine it's just a WIP of what the show might look like.

But it leaves a lot of questions...will they cut parts down (axe some of the random Part 3 fights, remove the weird chapters of Part 4 like Tonio Trussard), or add to parts even. I wonder if Araki would allow them to create their own Stands? For one, I wouldn't mind if they somehow worked Fugo back into Part 5.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I dunno about Polpo, he's a pretty huge fat dude with an Automatic Stand. Doesn't seem that good for a fighting game. Unless he sits in the background and you control Black Sabbath directly.

Same with Ungaro, Bohemian Rhapsody seems a bit crazy to include since it's whole deal was bringing cartoon characters to life and then forcing people to follow the stories they identify with.

But hey, if they can somehow work that into a moveset, that'd be cool.

That's what I mean! They're both so crazy, I want to see what CC2 would do with gameplay. (In Black Sabbath's case I imagine you'd just control the Stand, since it was long distance, and you'd use dynamic shadows in the stage...) I don't want to see obvious "physical attack Stand" characters. I want some left-field bizarre choices too.

FYI, it's Wham and Cars, after the bands.
Oh was Josef fighting Santana in the trailer?

It's Wamuu/ワムウ in the trailer. They are named after Wham! and The Cars but "official" spellings favor "Wamuu" and "Kars." Romanizing Jojo names and terms is tough. I hate the official English chapter names, for instance. "Diamond is not crash?" "Battle Tendency?" Ouch.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I also wonder when this is targeted for. "製作決定" on the official site, no voices and stuff makes me think it may be a ways off, but Bandai Namco character games don't typically follow an early announcement release pattern...

Which also makes me wonder if Jojolion will be developed enough to include anyone other than "Josuke" by the time the game releases. Although if Araki is in bed enough with CC2 to draw the freakin' logo, maybe he's given them SECRET DEETZ on upcoming characters...

I'm amusing myself with how much I'm thinking/speculating about this game. I thought I was aloof and beyond this! It could so be my personal Game of the Forever.

Edit: Ah, the official Jojo site says 2013. I'm guessing Q1.

duckroll

I also wonder when this is targeted for. "製作決定" on the official site, no voices and stuff makes me think it may be a ways off, but Bandai Namco character games don't typically follow an early announcement release pattern...

Which also makes me wonder if Jojolion will be developed enough to include anyone other than "Josuke" by the time the game releases. Although if Araki is in bed enough with CC2 to draw the freakin' logo, maybe he's given them SECRET DEETZ on upcoming characters...

I'm amusing myself with how much I'm thinking/speculating about this game. I thought I was aloof and beyond this! It could so be my personal Game of the Forever.

Edit: Ah, the official Jojo site says 2013. I'm guessing Q1.

CyberConnect2 also has their own teaser site here: http://www.cc2.co.jp/asb/

It says 2013 TBA without a target season, so it might not be early 2013. If the anime is starting in Fall 2012, depending on how long it is going to run for, they might want it to build momentum before releasing the game, for maximum cross media synergy. I'll say mid-2013 is more likely.

Top Bottom