• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
Kira was never a good person. He has a lot of charisma, he's not omnipotent, but he's not a good person. That's not convenience, that's just who Kira is, and he doesn't want to be different.

Zolo

Kira was never a good person. He has a lot of charisma, he's not omnipotent, but he's not a good person. That's not convenience, that's just who Kira is, and he doesn't want to be different.

Yep. Kira's a genuinely mentally unwell individual who's addicted to killing.

Well, he has been trying to resist recently but it's for the wrong reasons (gotta act normal so Jotaro and friends don't find me)

Honestly I think Kira is mentally beyond saving, but not beyond being brought to justice for his crimes.

Now I'm imagining Star Platinum as a lawyer lol

Viridian6

I dunno, the Cats Love Kira arc was definitely hinting at the possibility of change in Kira's character. It's implied that he subconsciously risked his life to protect Shinobu (even as he tries to rationalise it as self-preservation right away).

Astral

I dunno, the Cats Love Kira arc was definitely hinting at the possibility of change in Kira's character. It's implied that he subconsciously risked his life to protect Shinobu (even as he tries to rationalise it as self-preservation right away).

Yeah that was a nice little moment, but ultimately it was only more of a "what if" scenario that Will unfortunately never come to be because Kira can't change who he is in the end.

cntr

Banned
I mean I don't think it's very "what if", Kira does actually love her, he just hasn't fully accepted it and even if he did, he doesn't and wouldn't think of that as motivation to stop killing.

Astral

I mean I don't think it's very "what if", Kira does actually love her, he just hasn't fully accepted it and even if he did, he doesn't and wouldn't think of that as motivation to stop killing.

That's true. I meant like "what if Kira realizes he has in fact grown to love this woman and stops his serial killer ways to live a quiet life with his new family?" Unfortunately, people like Kira don't defeat their urges so easily.

What really made Kira return to his old ways was his ego. All he needed was a small insult, a little disrespect to rationalize killing that couple.

"Cut my fingernails with these 'geeky' nail clippers." Dude's a narcissist.

The best part is that there's no contrived, garbage backstory that made him turn to killing

No "my parents abused me" or any of that crap

In fact, his dad encouraged it lmao

Yeah if I remember right Araki toyed with that idea but decided he didn't like it, because it would make you sympathize with him when you aren't supposed to.

I wonder what Kira would think of the show Dexter. "This Dexter Morgan fellow has it all."
What really made Kira return to his old ways was his ego. All he needed was a small insult, a little disrespect to rationalize killing that couple.

"Cut my fingernails with these 'geeky' nail clippers." Dude's a narcissist.
He really does not like being talked down to, Koichi made him snap.

That part always confused me. I don't think those two interacted much so it seems strange that he feels comfortable with him.

Most of their interactions didn't make it into the anime. Like when Joseph asks for an english version of Pink Dark Boy and Rohan just says americans have shit taste so no.

NEO0MJ

Most of their interactions didn't make it into the anime. Like when Joseph asks for an english version of Pink Dark Boy and Rohan just says americans have shit taste so no.

Yeah I remember that but would he admire him for that? Or was he just pleased that a baka gaijin is interested in his work?

Auctopus

I don't know about the different illustrators/outsourcing on the series but for the first time I noticed how bad a character looked for a solid 2 minutes.

Essentially the whole scene where Kira
attacks the couple in the apartment.

Yeah I remember that but would he admire him for that? Or was he just pleased that a baka gaijin is interested in his work?

Well, Joseph is just an old dude taking care of a baby. He hasn't beat up Rohan like Josuke, isn't dating Koichi like Yukako, isn't an idiot like Okuyasu.

I don't know about the different illustrators/outsourcing on the series but for the first time I noticed how bad a character looked for a solid 2 minutes.

Essentially the whole scene where Kira
attacks the couple in the apartment.
How can one be so off model, but kawaii while holding a severed hand?

Zolo

You could just imagine Rohan using Heaven's Door on Joseph and being like "ok uh huh wait what the flying fuck"

As strange as stands were when they were introduced, I imagine the notion of fighting vampires and 100,000 year old pillar men would be even weirder.

cntr

Banned
At least Stands can be sort of reconciled with a normal worldview, an unknown historical vampire Mayan offshoot of humanity would blow Rohan's mind

I assume Rohan got told about about Joseph's adventures and was like "oh shit this guy"
"Your best friend was crushed by a ceiling...killed by a time stopping vampire...unknowingly perved out on your mother...saw a super sentient squirrel hand kill a bunch of Nazi's...this shit's too weird even for Pink Dark Boy."

Neoxon

"Your best friend was crushed by a ceiling...killed by a time stopping vampire...unknowingly perved out on your mother...saw a super sentient squirrel hand kill a bunch of Nazi's...this shit's too weird even for Pink Dark Boy."
"Was involved in a Kars accident? Got hit by the same Kars that hit his mother? Survived being on a volcano, survived several vehicle crashes."
Nobody can say that Joseph didn't have a full life.

Reading Jotaro would be just as crazy

"punched a gorilla, and a shark? a giant face made with diamond hard teeth? a very bisexual vampire? a car???"

A list of things Jotaro hasn't punched is probably smaller.

Zolo

Nobody can say that Joseph didn't have a full life.

Too bad the same can't be said about Jonathan.

Reading Jotaro would be just as crazy

"punched a gorilla, and a shark? a giant face made with diamond hard teeth? a very bisexual vampire? a car???"

A list of things Jotaro hasn't punched is probably smaller.
For what it's worth, Joseph was also there to see most of that too.

cntr

Banned
He mentioned in the Cee-lo arc that he holds back his anger at Josuke because of Joseph and Koichi. So maybe he just respects Joseph?

I'm pretty sure Rohan also has some level of respect towards Jotaro, or at least has never had any problem with him. The two barely interact but no doubt Rohan must have figured "glad I never fucked with this guy or I would've been ora ora'd harder than Steely Dan".

Top Bottom