• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven releases December 17

delSai

Just saw the new EOH scan posted on another forum.

Game comes out December 17 in Japan for Ps3 and Ps4.
Part 4 Jotaro is an exclusive day one character, should be buyable a bit later.

3 new character from Diamond is Unbreakable have been revealed too, Okuyasu, Rohan and Kosaku Kira. When the scan gets translated i will update the OP if there's anything interesting about the three characters. A bit disappointing that they havent shown any new characters in a while. But now that they're done with Part 3+4, it should get more interesting with the character reveals.
Part 4 Jotaro looks pretty cool in the scan, should've been Part 6 Jotaro though imo.

We should get a new trailer with all the new stages and characters at TGS, which is soon.

D-Man

Wait, is Part 4 Jotaro his own character or just a costume?

Either way, I'm glad we have a solid release date now. I'm very excited for this.

EDIT: Part 4 Jotaro seems to be a costume from what I saw. That's awesome, though. All this Part 4 content makes me hope that they announce an anime for it soon...

MrHoot

I do hope we get a localization announcement soon XoX

Watch as they use the Duwang localization for part 4

WLlzpVP.png

delSai

Wait, is Part 4 Jotaro his own character or just a costume?

Either way, I'm glad we have a solid release date now. I'm very excited for this.

EDIT: Part 4 Jotaro seems to be a costume from what I saw. That's awesome, though. All this Part 4 content makes me hope that they announce an anime for it soon...

This is what Animenewsnetwork posted about Jotaro4

Shonen Jump also reveals that those who purchase the game's first edition will receive a download code to play as Part IV's Jotaro Kujo. The Part IV Jotaro character will not be available in story mode and can't be played as a partner character with Part III's Jotaro.

nynt9

So what is the gameplay of this supposed to be like? Large-arena brawls, or will there be an adventure mode like some of the Naruto games?

delSai

So what is the gameplay of this supposed to be like? Large-arena brawls, or will there be an adventure mode like some of the Naruto games?

It's a 2v2 Arena brawler, i guess kinda like J-Stars?
Singleplayer is a "What If" Story that seems to take place right after Part 3, there's not much info about it. All we know is that dead characters will return. Maybe the next trailer will show some of it.
If you have a Ps4 check out the demo, it should still be up.

I'd really hate to be right about no new Part 6 characters but a part 4 Jotaro being in the game.

A really early leak/rumor had F.F. in it. Let's hope it turns out to be true.

Have the scans been redone? I've been feeling like reading part 4 again since when I first read it I had to work with Duwang scans

They have been redone. The people that have translated them have kept some Duwang translations for fun, though. Like Kira's "What a wonderful Duwang!" quote.

Tizoc

Have the scans been redone? I've been feeling like reading part 4 again since when I first read it I had to work with Duwang scans

Part 4 has been fully retranslated and it's among the BEST fan scanlations.
Part 5 is currenmtly being fantranslated and is up the train story.

I hate that anything related to Jojo is always Jotaro/part 3 pandering, its not even that good. spread the love, stop pandering to part 3.

I'd really hate to be right about no new Part 6 characters but a part 4 Jotaro being in the game.

currently up to part 7 and i gotta say part 6 has some of the best stands since their introduction imo. Diver Down and Weather Report are dope as fuck, so is Foo Fighters and many others. Love the one that brings fictional characters to life, don't remember the stand's name though but you know which one i mean.

Tizoc

currently up to part 7 and i gotta say part 6 has some of the best stands since their introduction imo. Diver Down and Weather Report are dope as fuck, so is Foo Fighters and many others. Love the one that brings fictional characters to life, don't remember the stand's name though but you know which one i mean.

Bohemian Rhapsody!

oxacillin

Banned

Yeah, but the problem is Part 6 and 7 are really not super popular in Japan. I know people like to throw around the "Part 4 isn't popular" but IIRC the volume sales for Part 6 and 7 are worse in comparison to the rest of the series, which is unfortunate because Part 6 has some of the craziest 「Stands」 in the entire series and Part 7 is just the best part.

Yeah, but the problem is Part 6 and 7 are really not super popular in Japan. I know people like to throw around the "Part 4 isn't popular" but IIRC the volume sales for Part 6 and 7 are worse in comparison to the rest of the series, which is unfortunate because Part 6 has some of the craziest 「Stands」 in the entire series and Part 7 is just the best part.

well make people like it, show them why the characters are so cool and stop pandering to 3. Also yea i agree that part 7 is really cool, like its slow paced but still very enjoyable, i love the bromance between gyro and johnny. Also love Diego's stand, Scary Monsters(spoilers for what i assume is around the ending of part 7:
too bad i already know that some way, some how he gets The World, SM is so much cooler imo. idk how it'll happen but I know that theres a DIO 2 or something like that
). What bothers me about part 3 is that they just add randoms in it, like why is N"Dhoul and Mariah in it? thats so random, its like adding them just for the sake of it. I would say the same about pet shop but at least he brings something unique to the table by being an animal. Vanilla Ice is cool by my books too since what he was able to do.

Can't wait to get angry about snails.

this was the worst arc in the entire franchise. it literally made me uncomfortable, was constantly scratching myself :x and it was just so god damn looooooooooooong. didn't help that it was all in color too

delSai

Some new stuff showed up, not enough to make a new thread for imo.
PS4 and PS3 Comparison video

A user from the Jojo Forum made a nice write up about the changes to the UI and the differences of the two version.

UI updates:
-There's 3 hearts at the end of each life bar, to indicate how many life bars you have left.
-There's at least the option to remove the opponent's life bars from the bottom of the screen. Frees up a lot of screen space.
-The radar isn't there. Maybe they person playing just turned it off.
-The purple circle bar is still there. But now, there's two glowing blue dots underneath the character's picture. Could they have separated Combo breakers and PCs?
-Instead of multiple dots showing how many team combos/DHAs you have, it's one dot and a number.
-Despite the blue 'friendship meter' on the left being empty, they still have access to team combo/DHA?

PS4 vs PS3:
-PS4 is 1080p while PS3 is 720p
-There seems to be less AA in PS3.
-Motion blur seems to be decreased or gone in PS3 version.
-Lighting effects like glow are gone in PS3.
-Lighting seems to affect characters less in PS3? Less environmental lighting?
-Ps4 has dynamic shadows, where PS3 has these little circles underneath characters.
-Frame rate seems to be less smooth in the PS3 version.

Screens of Jotaro4 and the beautiful cover.

New info, including Story Mode info are coming on the 20th.

Madao

i hope the game turns out alright.

the PS4 version sounds like it looks much better than the PS3 one but i don't have a PS4 and buying one for 1 game seems like too much (plus, i'm short in cash)
i guess i'll stick with the aging PS3 and get the JP release for now and then when i have the money, get the localized version on PS4 whe it is released.

Top Bottom