• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing missing there, that's just how the character select has always looked like without any of the DLC, the bottom of the screen looks like:

Kira------*insert nonDLC characters here*------Fugo
Fatty-Iggy-Lisa Lisa-Baoh-Joseph-Vanilla-Annasui

Erigu

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they appear in the game too, be it as a support in campaign or at least mentioned in story mode?
I'm pretty sure they don't appear in the game. Santana might be mentioned (not sure, it's been a while), but Gwess isn't, from what I remember (again, it's not like she did a lot overall, which is why I find it amusing to see her mentioned in that press release).

(again, it's not like she did a lot overall, which is why I find it amusing to see her mentioned in that press release).

Heh, won't argue that, only good thing Guess ever did to Jolyne was to stop attacking her. Only reason she kinda counts as one of the Jojo team is because she's Jolyne's roommate :v

Double post because, uh...
tumblr_n0afxyek0Z1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

Tizoc

Well, it's technically not a change. It's always been Cujoh.

It has also always been stupid >.>

I always assumed it's because Jolyne/Jolene didn't want to associate her with being half japanese since it reminds her of her father.

Were any Stand name changes been observed yet?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always assumed it's because Jolyne/Jolene didn't want to associate her with being half japanese since it reminds her of her father.

Were any Stand name changes been observed yet?
We don't know at the moment (I know Heaven's Door stayed the same), but I think the ones to look out for are Killer Queen (& its attacks Sheer Heart Attack & Bite The Dust), Aerosmith, maybe Whitesnake, and Red Hot Chili Peppers (Green Mild Bell Peppers? *shrugs*). I don't know about Kiss, since they could say "oh, no, it's totally not referring the band, it's the kiss marks on Hermes' stickers."

Astarte

Don't forget about Gold Experience and Soft and Wet. Prince goes apeshit over anyone who uses anything of his, he will sue jojo to the ground if they bring them untouched to america. It's that, or he loves jojo and will only mildly sue it.

Don't forget about Gold Experience and Soft and Wet. Prince goes apeshit over anyone who uses anything of his, he will sue jojo to the ground if they bring them untouched to america. It's that, or he loves jojo and will only mildly sue it.

Two of the best stands getting some of the worst punishment. Prince, please.

Gazoinks

Silver Happening and Hard & Dry confirmed.

EmiPrime

I like Jojo a lot but not sure if 1 collectors edition and 2 copies a lot...

I don't think it's worth buying another copy of the biggest letdown of 2013.

Comparing the story mode in ASB to the Super Story Mode in Jojo on PSX is like comparing dog crap to chocolate. Chopping off a quarter of the roster to sell it as DLC was a scumbag move too.

Ezalc

It's one of the most diverse
and bullshit
stands.

Also here's how to dodge the Stone Free problem:
4ec.png

Eh I still didn't like it all that much.

Crazy Diamond, Diver Down, and Weather Report are probably some of my favorite stands. Part 6 had a bunch of interesting ones. I liked Sticky Fingers and Aerosmith way more than Gold Experience in part 5.

Ezalc

Man, I love the typesetting and translation in the part 4 scans (and part 6 to a lesser extent). It really feels like something you would see in a western comic. I wish all the scanlation teams were that good.

I wish it was finished so I can finally finish part 4. The version that isn't Duwang.

On part 7. I'm up to Wrecking ball. So far I'm really enjoying this part I think the stands are all pretty interesting and have some nice variation. Johnny's and Gyro's bromance is awesome too and so is seeing how Spin works.

One thing I didn't like is the lack of an actual "crew". I guess they're going back to the earlier jojos with this but I feel like I wanted to have more characters who were part of the good guys kind of like how it was in 3, 4, 5, and 6. Also sad about a particular character's death, I really liked the objective the character had and their stand was pretty interesting though it did remind me of Echoes. I didn't think they would end up going against Jojo but unfortunately it did.

Also kind of missing Diego at this point, wondering when he'll pop up again.

On part 7. I'm up to Wrecking ball. So far I'm really enjoying this part I think the stands are all pretty interesting and have some nice variation. Johnny's and Gyro's bromance is awesome too and so is seeing how Spin works.

Yes, yus!

So no word on Jojo being digital with Viz yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyUQBwA6s8

Behold, the greatest of all names!

Josuke Higashikata 4 and his unstoppable stand, the amazing Shining Diamond!

Josuke Higashikata 4? Are you serious?

To be fair, it's not like English has the luxury of being able to have the exact same name but written with different characters.

The big question I have is if even though it's written Shining Diamond the VA says Crazy Diamond anyways, I can't hear any of the game's audio :|

Tizoc

Man, I love the typesetting and translation in the part 4 scans (and part 6 to a lesser extent). It really feels like something you would see in a western comic. I wish all the scanlation teams were that good.

I don't think it's restrictive to western comics only, if anything the words need to be fun and interesting to read so it adds more to the experience.

To be fair, it's not like English has the luxury of being able to have the exact same name but written with different characters.

The big question I have is if even though it's written Shining Diamond the VA says Crazy Diamond anyways, I can't hear any of the game's audio :|

I'm guessing atm the name is a placeholder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope Jo2uke is called Gappy in the localization
Watch as it'll be Josuke Higashikata 8....which is still weird, should have been something among the lines of "(Pt. 4)" instead of just a flat-out number.

Fine with it being Shining Diamond, though I wonder if they re-dubbed the voices to go with the new names or something. It'd be odd if they still said the original name, but only changed the text.

Astarte

Well, it was always going to be a problem...

I'd rather have them give Gappy a nickname, or at least write something like "part" next to the number in tinier letters. If they call him Perpetually Confused Sailor Man I'd be completely fine with it.

Pour one out.

Anyone know when season 3 starts? April? How long was the delay between airing & blu-ray for Seasons 1 & 2?

Pretty sure that by the time Battle Tendency started the first DVD/BR still had a couple of weeks before releasing.

I think it's safe to say that around 3 months for the first volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom