• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Tusk Act 1 plush and holy shit it is adorable

m0fg9OetVEMAY6V9UpJ0hPg.jpg

Look at this cautiously strong motherfucker, he's ready to cry.

Tusk Act 1 looks like that worm from Digimon S2

Tizoc

Exactly

The only thing about part 6 I really dislike is the fight with the guy that summoned meteors because it felt like it took forever.

Maybe because it took Araki forever to think up the damn thing and the '4 assassins' to take down Jolene =V

Changed Annasui to a girl then changed Diver Down to a regular punch ghost.

Also both Will and Caesar are really awful characters in comparison to Gyro, at least Gyro actually did something of merit.

Will dressed like a pimp and punched frogs with style, how can you hate on that?

dan2026

Was thinking today about jojo and copyright law and how I don't understand it.

How is it that two different things from different mediums can't be called say 'gold experience'.

Especially when you have tons of movies and shows with the same name. And sometimes characters named the same as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bit more info on All-Star Battle, via Siliconera:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle will be released “throughout the Americas” in 2014, Namco Bandai said this morning, alongside an announcement that the game will see a limited run of physical copies released exclusively via Amazon and ClubNamco.com.

The Western release of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle will also feature a “brand new mode not seen in the original Japanese release”. This will take the shape of an Arcade Mode, which lets players fight through eight CPU opponents.

Namco add that, “On rare occasions, the Arcade Mode icon will switch to Harvest when connected online, allowing players to earn more gold when they complete matches.” Additionally, the game will also feature balance changes applied to the game post-launch in Japan

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/3...tle-new-arcade-mode-west/#13CM4ssCiIgKbQGX.99
There's some English screenshots as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks Club Namco page for any more info*

"Variety of Characters: 41 total for an incredible selection of characters"

Holy crap, does that mean we're getting the 9 DLC characters included for free?

Sigh... exclusive release? I hope that eStarland manages to sell so that I can import it (Brazilian here). Xenoblade was a GameStop exclusive but I got through them so there's hope.

Apparently, according to a press release, Hermes is actually Ermes here.

Not like it really changes anything but I like the name more with an H

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ermes sounds like a typo. I mean, I don't get why they'd change it. If anything, the name makes me think of Futurama.

In any case, the latest press release:

Hyped manga-based 2d fighting-game gets new updates!

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S announced today that JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE will be getting an Arcade Mode, Day 1 patch, a fix lowering the waiting time in Campaign Mode and much more exciting content! JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE is developed by famed Japanese developer CyberConnect2, best known for their hit NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja series of games and has been widely praised for delivering an authentic and high quality anime experience to video games.

The EMEA release of JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE will feature a brand new Arcade mode not included in the original Japanese release as well as the balance changes featured in the current Japanese version (Patch 1.04). The new Arcade Mode lets the player fight a series of eight AI controlled opponents in order to win gold! On rare occasions, the Arcade Mode icon will switch to Harvest when connected online. During the Harvest, players will be able to win even more gold from playing the Arcade Mode. Players can spend gold for hints and single-use items to help them out in the midst of battle!

Earning gold can be done in multiple ways; one of them is the Arcade Mode, the other way is the Campaign Mode! Following the players’ feedbacks, Namco Bandai Games and CyberConnect2 decided to lower the Campaign Energy Recovery timings to 2 minutes in order to enhance its fans’ gaming pleasure!

While taking a break from the Arcade Mode and the Campaign Mode, fighters from Asia, North America and Europe can” go into combat in the same online realm!

“We are pleased to have these new features added for the EMEA version of the game, Namco Bandai Games has always been close to its players, and that is why this patch is applied to please the fans and make their experience even better!” said Hiroaki Ochiai, Senior Vice President of IP Strategy at NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. ” A legendary license such as JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure deserves the masterpiece on which CyberConnect2 keeps working hard day after day!”

Chapter 6: Stone Ocean – Florida – It all starts when Jotaro Kujo’s daughter, Jolyne Cujoh, gets caught and jailed for a murder… During her time in Green Dolphin Street Prison, JoJo uses an amulet she inherited from her father and unleashes her Stand. Following this major event, she joins forces with Ermes Costello, Guess and F.F in order to defeat Dio’s disciples. Dio’s evil schemes never ceased as Jongalli A and Pucci are here to take down the Joestar descendants…
Notice the Campaign Energy Recovery time got lowered from 5 minutes to 2. Sucks it's still there, but at least it's faster now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was already spelled "Ermes" in JoJoveller, and I'm not aware of any other official spelling.
Ahh, that would make sense. Perhaps that would also explain Bruno Buccellati being changed to Bucciarati, since that was in JoJoveller as well.

It was already spelled "Ermes" in JoJoveller, and I'm not aware of any other official spelling.

Gwess helped so much.

True, but they don't seem to be using Jojoveller spellings for everyone either.

Also, Cujoh is just stupid when Jotaro's last name stayed as Kujo unless you're trying to tell me he changed his own last name when he lived in America

Ahh, that would make sense. Perhaps that would also explain Bruno Buccellati being changed to Bucciarati, since that was in JoJoveller as well.

Actually Jojoveller apparently used both spellings of the name so yeah

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just remembered that Namco is making these decisions with Araki/publisher Shueisha, so it seems these name changes are part of his doing. Granted, some are still rather weird.

Erigu

True, but they don't seem to be using Jojoveller spellings for everyone either.
Which ones have they changed?

And I just noticed that:
Namco Bandai Games and CyberConnect2 decided to lower the Campaign Energy Recovery timings to 2 minutes in order to enhance its fans’ gaming pleasure!
Considering it pretty much takes two minutes between two very quick fights...

Granted, so far it's only been someone unimportant like Guess not being Gwess (and Santana if we're counting that) but who knows what they'll do really

Erigu

Granted, so far it's only been someone unimportant like Guess not being Gwess (and Santana if we're counting that) but who knows what they'll do really
Ah, I thought you were talking about the actual game.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to those press releases, myself. They certainly mention a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the game...

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they appear in the game too, be it as a support in campaign or at least mentioned in story mode?

Unless you're not counting that

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they appear in the game too, be it as a support in campaign or at least mentioned in story mode?

Unless you're not counting that

Most of the characters that had face time in the manga but aren't playable characters appear as player card customizations, saying a line from the manga.

Wouldn't hold my breath really

Judging from the screen of arcade mode maybe you can actually fight them since Shigekiyo is there, but I don't think you can use them. Would love to be wrong though.

There seem to be 2 spaces missing; I could see them dropping Baoh because there's not much recognition outside of Japan, don't know who the other one might be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Baoh's in. To do the math, 32 characters in-game + 8 DLC characters + Baoh DLC = 41 characters total, which is what the Club Namco page states under Features.

It could be possible they made it so the DLC characters have to be unlocked with the rest of them, but it would be nice to have some clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom