• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mileage may vary, but part 5 is coherent and has enjoyable characters. I'm fully caught up on Jojolion and I have no idea what it's about, where it's going, or why we're even following the main character anymore.

There's just nothing particularly memorable about it.
How can one hate a part where one of the harder stands to beat is a fishing pole? The cast is fun, Giorno's well, he's Giorno, not the hammy Dio murder machine I was expecting, but he cares. Still trying to get a read on my sentiments towards the cast. I don't hate them at all, but so far Abbachio and Fugo seem to be under used. I actually don't hate Narancia, he's dumb though, but at least fight smart.

I've never felt like Jojolion was 'aimless', since most of the arcs/fights begin for a reason and usually reveal something new. I have a pretty good idea of what the characters want and the stuff they're doing to get it.

cntr

Banned
Gappy's a lost guy with no memories who mistrusts and suspects everybody, making Jojolion aimless and off-putting and alien. Yasuho is the only one Gappy trusts, thus she's the only truly likable character.

Which I suppose is the point, but still.

cntr

Banned
I've never felt like Jojolion was 'aimless', since most of the arcs/fights begin for a reason and usually reveal something new. I have a pretty good idea of what the characters want and the stuff they're doing to get it.
It's not structurally aimless, it's tonally aimless. Gappy feels lost and alone, and Araki chose to convey that by making the part feel aimless and hostile.

It's interesting and I like it (and like it a lot, actually), but I'll be glad when we finally move on to the next part.

caliph95

How do you feel about
"He would later die of a cold."
I'm sure my feelings were along the lines of "Fuck you Araki"
but Johnny's dad showed to redeem himself and pocoloco won so it's not too bad plus Johnny learned not to be an asshole. as well as other stuff it's bitter sweet

Not sure how i feel about
alternate diego he is pretty much old Dio in jockey clothing
and feels like fanservice than actual necessary i feel like he would have been better placed in the middle of Valentine fight or something

cntr

Banned
According to Araki,
alternate Diego was his final send-off to Dio because he's never going to come back.

caliph95

According to Araki,
alternate Diego was his final send-off to Dio because he's never going to come back.
It's probably why imo he doesn't feel like an organic part of the story, it's like here is the best confrontation between joestar and the villain and such an emotional ending yadda yadda yadda.
Also btw Diego is back except he is much more of an asshole alsmost like old Dio with The Wolrd for fanservice and Valentine brought him as final fuck you to Johnny and has little reason to trust Diego will protect america
the fight isn't bad i like it honestly i just question his inclusion

caliph95

It did give Lucy a good moment so i can't complain too much

So this Josuke is a weird fusion between Kira, Jotaro and Josuke (as well as an acutal fusion of Kira who is now a joestar, who is still an asshole and some i don't know yet)

StayDead

People think Part 5 sucks and I've been enjoying it...granted it seems like it's more Buccellati's story than Giorno's but it's still a pretty fun read.

I've been reading part 5 raw and honestly I think this could be one my favourite parts so far. Admittedly I didn't read any of the other in manga form, but so far I've loved every single character and all the stands are awesome.

I thought I heard something about delicious pancakes.

vORETb8.jpg

I've been reading part 5 raw and honestly I think this could be one my favourite parts so far. Admittedly I didn't read any of the other in manga form, but so far I've loved every single character and all the stands are awesome.
Yeah it's not bad at all, I kind of wish GioGio wasn't back seated, but I think he's supposed to be the straight man surrounded by a bunch of murderous weirdos. Only him and Buccellati think logically.

My first time reading it through I actually kind of rolled my eyes, but second read I enjoyed it. Iunno, I was happy to leave Dio being everything, and then BAM nope he's back just like you remember him.

SalvaPot

Honestly I love Jojolion because you feel as aimless and as confused as half-and-half feels, it also has really creative powers and I specially enjoy the family dinamic and how it plays with your expectations.

caliph95

yes both my JosukexKira and my JotaroxKira fanfic and ship came true just not in the way is expected but i will take it

since it's the internet i'm joking

First i felt sorry for Dio now i am sympathetic to Kira, damn araki will the next manga make me feel sympathetic to Kars or Diavolo

caliph95

I'm about to catch and is weird but i think Jojolion is one my favourite parts now, i'm also starting to love Josuke
JfjDjhM.png

Does that mean Togashi is a Pillerman Rock Human

caliph95

Welp caught up now just like you guys now i hae to suffer the wait.

so Jobin is totally the villain right though the new chapter is implying there are still more opponents

caliph95

Oh yeah I forgot you know HxH, Berserk is worth it though, at least it's ongoing now cause that half ass anime is running.
I might actually if i can find where i left

So i guess Jojolion Kira didn't turn out to be like original Kira the same reason as Diego and Dio because he had a great mother

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Welp caught up now just like you guys now i hae to suffer the wait.

so Jobin is totally the villain right though the new chapter is implying there are still more opponents

I think Araki's bluffing, but if he really is planning to finally roll out the true villain of Jojolion, I'd be pretty bummed. Unless this part's going for another five to six years - which I don't think anyone wants to see - it's too late into the game for that shit. It has to be a character already on the table.

Kaato or Jobin + Kaato are what I want.

Now go read HxH and Berserk to experience true "WTF is the next issue coming out" pain.

Could have it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom