• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I think Araki's bluffing, but if he really is planning to finally roll out the true villain of Jojolion, I'd be pretty bummed. Unless this part's going for another five to six years - which I don't think anyone wants to see - it's too late into the game for that shit. It has to be a character already on the table.
It 100% has to be Kaato or Kaato + Jobin.

Remember Kaato was properly introduced only a short while ago. She is the final villain introduced late in the story.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
On a side note

Anyone remember Karera's photograph

Or the mystery man from ch. 5

Yeah me neither

Man the best time when reading Part 8 live was during the Stag Beetle fight. No one knew how many more months Araki would spend on this damn thing, and yet no one wanted it to end.

(was going to put this into the Toonami thread, but spoilers for SC kinda?)
Whoopi Goldberg appears at the end of episode 8 of the Stardust Crusaders anime

SfCjBDWl.png

tumblr_n61du0TQ7W1r0rc3lo1_500.jpg
The bizarre thing about this is that it's her more modern appearance instead of how she really looked in the late 80's

Tizoc

(was going to put this into the Toonami thread, but spoilers for SC kinda?)
Whoopi Goldberg appears at the end of episode 8 of the Stardust Crusaders anime

The bizarre thing about this is that it's her more modern appearance instead of how she really looked in the late 80's

Woah.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Do you mean the guy in the apartment who attacks Gappy? That's the surfer guy that Kira messed with.

Naw, Mystery Man didn't attack Gappy, images of him randomly popped into Gappy's head while he was under attack by the guy you're thinking of. It's right around where he gets bit by a snake IIRC. Gappy is flipping out because he recognizes the face but forgot who he was.

Dude never appeared again lol.

Y'know, something's been bugging me.

Why do these Hollywood guys who keep wanting to make film adapations of anime keep going for the most, for lack of a better word, Japanese of anime if they're just going to keep whitewashing this shit?

Like, why haven't they tried to get the JoJo license? Bam, right there there's three different parts than Hollywood can cast a 99% white cast for and not have to deal with whitewashing accusations. Shit, even Jotaro being cast by a white actor could be justified by him being half-white.

Send me my check, Hollywood, I've solved the riddle that's answer has eluded you for so long.

caliph95

The whole room was horrified at this sight this seemingly dead man has risen from the dead with no worse the for wear after easily cleaving a man head off. At this sight even the ever cool Speedwagon was afraid.

Yeah this is why i'm not a writer

Y'know, something's been bugging me.

Why do these Hollywood guys who keep wanting to make film adapations of anime keep going for the most, for lack of a better word, Japanese of anime if they're just going to keep whitewashing this shit?

Like, why haven't they tried to get the JoJo license? Bam, right there there's three different parts than Hollywood can cast a 99% white cast for and not have to deal with whitewashing accusations. Shit, even Jotaro being cast by a white actor could be justified by him being half-white.

Send me my check, Hollywood, I've solved the riddle that's answer has eluded you for so long.
They could just get the rights to Diesel, probably cheaper too.

cntr

Banned
It still amuses me that they made a Fullmetal Alchemist movie, but it's all Japanese actors.

The guys who do Game of Thrones should get Berserk.

caliph95

I don't even know how you do movies of parts 3 and up since they're so serialized.
Have to set up a trilogy but if it had to be one movie they will just remove all the villains of the week except for the absolute important ones it will be rushed though with 3-6 being likely
So part 3 will already have Kakyoin and Polnareff and only fighting the important mooks like Ice baby
4 will skip straight to Kira
5 will have a like couple of guys chasing them if at all or just have them fight Diavolo and his top guys
6 will be tricky
so will 7 and maybe 8

It still amuses me that they made a Fullmetal Alchemist movie, but it's all Japanese actors.

The guys who do Game of Thrones should get Berserk.

Pretty sure there would be people complaining had FMA had white people despite the fact that 90% of the cast are supposed to be not-German.

cntr

Banned
Pretty sure there would be people complaining had FMA had white people despite the fact that 90% of the cast are supposed to be not-German.
There'd be far more people complaining about people complaining about white actors than there'd be people actually complaining about white actors. And 75% of the latter would be trolls.

Tizoc

So the last part 4 bluray releases by july at the latest along with the rohan special
With the jojo event being in august i hope they announce part 5 anime to begin in january at least

cntr

Banned
It annoys me a lot when people make very specific criticisms about an anime and then say that they're just making theories, not asking questions.

Except that literally never happens in a manga thread or an anime original series. Nobody writes detailed critical complaints about a series doesn't make sense until it's over, it's egregiously bad, or if they're idiots. Yet the adaptation threads do it anyway.

It happens with Jojo, it happens with My Hero Academia, and it's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom