• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Your in luck. The artist himself, Touge36, has tons of Jojo artwork -

9b57e24900fb9f6568824e3ee77211297f51fb61.jpg

2e53b5bf12ff71042950c4949dc6ff4bcc686478.jpg

e113907b20dafeee6036ebd961675466c1db5f70.jpg

cdf6fb3e934846df050274be554f57f375c19140.jpg

38cfcfa8ce5aebc8e560f8d81ce5f92309f0d1d9.jpg

73525b68e21fad487bdc21a5d6af381b553c51da.jpg

e4fc78253b13f796b2e9484bdc464ed798b69802.jpg

8756354263b7e466af74d068a8785b3e099a1d59.jpg

fbdbd9e4e8ce20b5590631c1ab544a72ac4a78ca.jpg

520b9967a87fa410e0c6c57809a08f1f7eb6e397.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't link to scans, should probably edit that out.

YAWN

Just reached the Tubular Bells chapters of SBR.
Love the toast between Gyro and Johnny. Always gets me.
Tubular Bells itself is a really interesting stand. I wonder how long it takes Araki to devise something so unique.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
There's a new translation I think.

Yup somehow I found them. :D

So good, I notice the town is called Moriah or something like that now instead of Duwang.

Just one question is it constantly going to be this "stand of the week" type stuff ala part 3?

laaame

Even more so.

I guess so, but it feels way more varied than part 3. At least with part 4 almost everything felt like it was either adding something to the character relationships and development or just adding personality to the town. The only section of part 4 I could see like part 3 is when the second arrow shows up and new users arrive(being vague about the details because I'm not trying to spoil too much).

Part 3 literally felt like the group was just moving to different set pieces and fighting whatever gimmicky stand was meant to be set there. It also doesn't help that Jotaro shows little to no emotions or personality, which sucks especially since he was the successor of Joseph. I would consider part 5 more "stand of the week"-ish than part 4.

fertygo

Get off from my Jotaro :(

Part 4 totally stand of the week, they visit chef stand, stalker girl, dentist stand and whatever in town.. Its also give more episodic feel because the low-key atmosphere.

Lirlond

Part 4 has a much better villain and a cool cat/mouse dynamic. Not to mention more imaginative and interesting stands.

VS Jorge Joestar's explanation of him drawing so fast that he didn't even notice the universe resetting and lived through it is canon to me and I'm sticking to it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now I reminded, where alter Rohan in JoJolion?

Please don't tell me he also fused with Jo2uke and Kira :D

He is now an American Comic writer, bound to only make a brief name drop.

I dun know

VS Jorge Joestar's explanation of him drawing so fast that he didn't even notice the universe resetting and lived through it is canon to me and I'm sticking to it.

It also makes it so Jonathan Joestar with Dio's head is not only the Holy Corpse, but both come back from the dead.

Tizoc

As I said, if there was ever 1 Stand I'd want to have it'd be Harvest.
Pearl Jam is another great Stand~

Articalys

How about some limited-edition collectible watches styled after the members of Passione?

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/spirit/jojo/
Giorno, Buccellati, Mista

9MYXwm0.png
4Q2WOXM.png
aOF6dXD.png
Trish, Narancia, Fugo, Abbachio

pLMPREn.png
D4sn2Nl.png
gZE7wQO.png
Z7pgpU6.png
On the product page, each watch has a description of how it matches the character (if you can read Japanese), but some of the touches are pretty easy to see anyway, like the fact that Mista's only has the hours labeled for the numbers of Sex Pistols.
Apparently the watches will even come with an AR app for your smartphone that lets you see the character's stand if you point it at the watch face.

Of course, you'll pay quite the price at 42000 yen each (roughly US$440), but for a hardcore JoJo fan it's probably worth it.

(via @Yuyucow)

YAWN

Oh shit. That Bruno one is calling me, even though I don't have the money for it. Ugh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Speaking of Rohan, I'd really like to see a gender bender version of him in Jojolion. But I doubt Araki would do that. :C

No, he needs to just show up and not realize an entire universe of time has passed him buy, and ask Josuke what happened to his silly haircut.

Also, just read though 'Rohan Kishibe Goes to Gucci'. Mostly just an advertisement sadly.

So, reading DTL's posts, should we all agree to keep Stone Ocean away from him or something?

Anyways
tumblr_mjk2dqhjzv1qhhv13o1_500.png

If these really are the official subs, does this mean the official term is just Hamon? No translating it to Ripple?

Kurtofan

I don't understand,they translate it into ripple energy and then use Hamon anyway, it doesn't make much sense.
What's wrong with Ripple?

Isn't Sendo the real name of the Ripple(hamon) too?

Erigu

Isn't Sendo the real name of the Ripple(hamon) too?
"Sendô" seems to be the name of the discipline (what's this thing about "creating" Sendô?), and "hamon" is really just "ripple".
Not that it makes sense to use Japanese words in this context either anyway...

C0unter

We have a JoJo's thread?awesome.
Just started SBR yesterday,looks really interesting so far.
I thought the later third of stone ocean was pretty weak,especially the ending.

Baha

Finally got around to finish reading Stone Ocean. This just might be my favorite Jojo arc to date, need some time to let it all sink in.

VS Jorge Joestar? I mentioned it in the post you quoted :T

Unless you can read Japanese you won't really find much other than a summary of the story.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The ending to Stone Ocean does hit quite heavy at first but it's good to see people aren't sour about it.

Thinking about it still upsets me sometimes.

Tizoc

Gotta say my fav. moment in the Part 2 anime is when Stroheim starts yelling and boasting about the technological might of the Nazis, his seiyuu's delivery is too fucking crazy and awesome.

YAWN

SAS-Jojolion.png

Just pre-ordered this. I want Soft & Wet too but it's gonna be really expensive.

I prefer this colour scheme to his All Star Battle appearance.
That game could really benefit from a colour customizer.

Anyway, as I'm reading SBR for the second time, for some reason, I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more. You can see a few plot holes though, like why did Diego keep Ferdinand's Scary Monster Stand when he recieved the Turbo eye? Was it because he was affected by the Sand before hand? If so, why didn't Gyro keep it when he got his eye, as he was infected too.
Still a hell of a fun read though.

Tizoc

In regards to Diego; it's the Turbo Eye that allowed him to keep the effects of Scary Monsters, at least that's the best way to understand it.

GooeyHeat

I've marathon'd most of Stardust Crusaders today, from Empress through D'Arby the Gamer.

YES! YES! YES! "OH MY GOD"

I wasn't feeling it at first, for some reason, but I just sat down and put the time in and am now really into it.
I'm also looking forward to the other parts simply because I know less about them. (Plus Duwang.)

EDIT: And just finished Part 3! What a showdown. It makes me wish I hadn't known Dio's power beforehand, but it was still quite the ending. Dem time stops, dem knives, dat road roller... dayum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom