• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders |OT| ATTEMPT NO MANGA SPOILERS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I'm just going by what was shown in the episodes, and The World was beating Star Platinum 1v1 without even using time power. And a big part of the reason I think The World would be better would, of course, be its ability to control time.

Considering Jotaro cchoose to put magnet instead when TW "win" the punch-off, a wash sounds bout right.

convo

I'm just going by what was shown in the episodes, and The World was beating Star Platinum 1v1 without even using time power. And a big part of the reason I think The World would be better would, of course, be its ability to control time.
They were on par i think but Dio now got a good juicing of Joestar blood to get full compatibility with the stolen body, basically he's a lot stronger now.

Its so depressing browsing the Kakyoin tag and fandom, if only they had never met Dio :(
CHJtTv6W0AEbkut.png

I dont care that Joseph was still lying on the ground and wasnt playing dead. Hes still alive dammit, the dream wont die! Joseph for life. This episode was freaking amazing man, I love jojo!! Where can I buy the blu rays for the series (starting from part 1)? Theyre crazy expensive on amazon

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I dont care that Joseph was still lying on the ground and wasnt playing dead. Hes still alive dammit, the dream wont die! Joseph for life. This episode was freaking amazing man, I love jojo!! Where can I buy the blu rays for the series (starting from part 1)? Theyre crazy expensive on amazon
I just checked on Amazon. You mean the $100+ prices? Those are for merchants that offer 5-7 day standard shipping. Check the alternative importers that sell them for $30-50 with 24 day shipping.

There are no subbed blu-rays right?

Scavenger

I just checked on Amazon. You mean the $100+ prices? Those are for merchants that offer 5-7 day standard shipping. Check the alternative importers that sell them for $30-50 with 24 day shipping.

There are no subbed blu-rays right?
Only Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency have English subtitles on the Japanese Blu-rays. Stardust Crusaders doesn't have English subtitles on the Blu-ray. A complete set of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency usually go for like $150 on second hand markets such as Mandarake.

There's also a region 1 DVD set of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency from Warner Home Video coming out next month. Hopefully they'll put out an affordable Blu-ray set some day.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Only Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency have English subtitles on the Japanese Blu-rays. Stardust Crusaders doesn't have English subtitles on the Blu-ray. A complete set of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency usually go for like $150 on second hand markets such as Mandarake.

There's also a region 1 DVD set of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency from Warner Home Video coming out next month. Hopefully they'll put out an affordable Blu-ray set some day.
Thanks.

We still do DVD only releases in 2015? lol.

Scavenger

Probably to discourage reverse importation.
Could be, but it's also likely that Warner Bros is testing the waters because they don't have much experience on the anime market. It's common practice for western animation to have a DVD release first and a Blu-ray release later on depending on the success of the DVD set.

I was spoiled on all of the deaths for the series - or so I thought. The Joseph one legit surprised me because I didn't believe he was dead. The implication after this episode, though, is that he is.

It's ok he's with Speedwagon and Caesar now ;_;

Re the blu-rays.. I really want them, but I'm in the UK and I always cite this example: I only got hold of the Gurren Lagann Blu-rays in an EU format last October. Yeah... I guess we won't get them until the next decade, lol...

I was spoiled on all of the deaths for the series - or so I thought. The Joseph one legit surprised me because I didn't believe he was dead. The implication after this episode, though, is that he is.

It's ok he's with Speedwagon and Caesar now ;_;

Re the blu-rays.. I really want them, but I'm in the UK and I always cite this example: I only got hold of the Gurren Lagann Blu-rays in an EU format last October. Yeah... I guess we won't get them until the next decade, lol...

No, he's not with them yet, its not his time. :mad: I'll never stop believing until the season is over.

also it looks like Amazon has the DVDs coming out soon but thats not what I want, I want dem blu rays son. It doesn't look like they're out here anyway though, all the ones I saw on Amazon had the japanese logo with the exception of the part 1 DVD coming out later this year.

dani_dc

I really want to go to the premier of Part 3 last episode.

On one hand:
- Can't understand much Japanese (how language heavy will the last episode be?)
- Too expensive

On the other hand:
- Watching the last 3 episodes of Part 3 in a giant screen
- Free post card thingie
- Some event with Jotaro and DIO VA's [that I can't understand]

Why am I even considering this?

On one hand:
- Too expensive

On the other hand:
- Free post card thingie

I speak next to zero Japanese and I will go anyway, it must be a cool experience, you can always rewatch the episode later with subs, go and take pics for us!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

On one hand:
- Too expensive

On the other hand:
- Free post card thingie

Is this the thinng at tower records? I kinda wanna go but its so lte i wouldnt be able to get home.

dani_dc

Just realized I hadn't posted the link of the premier.

I speak next to zero Japanese and I will go anyway, it must be a cool experience, you can always rewatch the episode later with subs, go and take pics for us!

I'll have to look into it tomorrow, I'll probably go if there's still tickets in the morning.

Edit: actually the sale page says it's today(site said it was Friday) and its sold, I'm out of Tokyo today anyay so I can't go check at the theater until tomorrow, but it looks like I won't be going..

Is this the thinng at tower records? I kinda wanna go but its so lte i wouldnt be able to get home.
Nah, this is an advanced screening off the last episode of the season at a theater near Tokyo Station.

The Tower Records at Shibuya is a coffee and an exposition in the 8th floor with tons of material regarding the current JoJo anime. The exposition is free so it's definitely worth giving a jump there if you have the opportunity.

Tizoc

Please do not post about the upcoming episode until 30-60 minutes of it showing on Crunchyroll
Not everybody has access to Japanese broadcasting, please be considerate :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Please do not post about the upcoming episode until 30-60 minutes of it showing on Crunchyroll
Not everybody has access to Japanese broadcasting, please be considerate :/

SPOILER

Jojo wins.

SPOILER

There will be a part 4.

SPOILER

The main character will be nicknamed "Jojo."

SPOILER

There's really nothing to spoil here. It's an animated adaption of a story from the late 80s.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders |OT| Please keep posting manga spoilers

Scavenger

On one hand:
- Too expensive

On the other hand:
- Free post card thingie

Do it. The Japanese language in Jojo isn't very complicated.

EDIT: Never mind. didn't read the other post.

dani_dc

My hope for today:
- DIO wins
- Joseph Lives

Don't mind either way:
- Jotaro living
- Holly living
- Polnareff living

I'll probably start reading Part 4 soon after, the "weekly stand" format makes it harder to wait weekly, that and all the figures I keep seeing in stores....

Already got spoiled over some stuff from seeing a figure or two.

Do it. The Japanese language in Jojo isn't very complicated.

EDIT: Never mind. didn't read the other post.

Yeah, seems like it's today after all, but it does seem to be sold out so I'll have to wait with you guys.

The end is coming!

I personally am just hoping that it is half an hour of Jotaro ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAing DIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom