• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders |OT| ATTEMPT NO MANGA SPOILERS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcc

Banned
Sales don't matter as much as you would think on a legacy series like this with games and other media still coming out, not to mention the manga itself still running with 100+ volumes on the back catalog for people to buy.

stardust crusaders merch is pretty common in japan right now. don't know how that compared to when the other series aired.

Part 3 anime sold worse than Part 1 and 2 in spite of being much more famous. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no Part 4 adaptation, since they might expect an even bigger drop.

wonder how much that had to do with parts of Part 3 having been animated already and how much of it is general disinterest from viewers.

Also, today's episode is the season finale right? time to watch Dio go down

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't really a fan of that last episode.

It pretty much boiled down to Jotaro being able to move for longer periods of time in stopped time for some reason and him being able to punch the World harder than the World could kick him because, he really hates DIO.

And didn't DIO break Jotaro's bones when he was pummeling him to a pulp? Shouldn't Jotaro be a heap of organs on the sidewalk like DIO was after Jotaro kicked him once?

I don't know, I much preferred last weeks. At the end of the day I guess it is a Shonen and the main guy gets to beat the bad guy because the main guy is the main guy.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
wait no apparently after the episode we got a tv ad that said the sequel is coming

1kmA1Yn.jpg

so get hype for Diamond is Anime

Hatty

It pretty much boiled down to Jotaro being able to move for longer periods of time in stopped time for some reason and him being able to punch the World harder than the World could kick him because, he really hates DIO.

No, it's because DIO was an idiot and decided to kick with his half broken leg and forgot Jotato can see with Star Platinum

Ladies and gents, it has been a hell of a journey

I read Stardust Crusaders a long time ago, and while the RPG stand of the week style put me off more then, waiting for it week by week actually improved it for me. It really felt like sitting down and watching an adventure. "What's waiting for them this week?" and stuff like that. David Pro really stepped their game up and the voice work was phenomenal. While I concede that Battle Tendency has a tighter story, goddamn does Crusaders get me excited.

As for the Shin DIO fight, yes it was short, but you have to remember that the episodes are condensed chapters so it is understandable.

No, it's because DIO was an idiot and decided to kick with his half broken leg

Yeah, that's fair.

If only DIO could have stalled out Jotaro until his leg healed. If only there were some easy way for DIO to get some extra time to heal.

And yes, Jotaro probably would have entered frozen time and beat him up anyway but I still don't like how he can move around so freely whereas it took DIO ages to get to the level he got up to. Jotaro was moving around for two seconds, what was it? The fifth time he entered stopped time?

JayEH

Great ending. Stardust may have a lot of problems but in the end it is still my favorite part of the manga.

And I really hope a 4 anime happens. It is Araki's mangum opus.

phaze

No, it's because DIO was an idiot and decided to kick with his half broken leg and forgot Jotato can see with Star Platinum

But SP hit The World and even more specifically his knee pads, not Dio. I'm fuzzy on the details of the Stand and owner connection but if SP could move uninhibited by all of Jotaro's broken bones than it makes sense The World and his knee guards should be as durable as ever.

Not to mention he and Dio suddenly exploded because hmmm reasons ?

But SP hit The World and even more specifically his knee pads, not Dio. I'm fuzzy on the details of the Stand and owner connection but if SP could move uninhibited by all of Jotaro's broken bones than it makes sense The World and his knee guards should be as durable as ever.

The Jotaro Punch is just THAT powerful :v

dan2026

If you destroy the Stand you destroy the user. Its as simple as that.
Star Platinum just overpowered The World with its final attack.

Don't try and think too much into it. Jojo doesn't run on logic.

phaze

If you destroy the Stand you destroy the user. Its as simple as that.
Star Platinum just overpowered The World with its final attack.

Don't try and think too much into it. Jojo doesn't run on logic.

But it's supposed to be a battle of wits or so I've heard. Not of magical rage power ups. ;P

hopefully part 4 gets announced at the jojo panel at anime expo

But it's supposed to be a battle of wits or so I've heard. Not of magical rage power ups. ;P

Still mostly was. the structural integrity of DIO's leg was weak, and Star Platinum hit the weak point so hard its fist broke.

David Studios probably needs time to nail the style change, so they're not going to tease part 4 just yet.

At least, that's what I hope.

Since part 4 is the best part, far and above the others.

Man Kyosu is on point in this episode, he's a blast to listen to. Yo I legit busted a gut when he screamed ROAD ROLLER!!! On what fucking planet did Jotaro think that blood transfusion was going to work?!!!!!!! Nope never mind Old Joseph is still the master of being a walking plot device. Man what a ride this last half was, I'm going to miss this show and DIO. Well now begins that long wait till Part 4.

Phatmac

Jotaro's long journey across the world ends with a final battle with DIO. The classic roller scene and fake out death were done well and amplified the tension. I'm left disappointed with how quickly the battle is resolved and with little flair. This is the climax battle I would've expected a cooler way to finish of the battle so that left me unsatisfied. The entire journey was riddled with problems but were resolved with solid characters and the crazy situations that involved them all. This was a good ride that I'm glad to have witnessed. Until next time jojo.
005320ozs4i.png

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't paying enough attention; I just realized that Polnareff's stand started dual-wielding rapiers in the opening at some point.

Neat finale. Jotaro being able to control time came out of nowhere, but I'll go with it with the implication that DIO's stand kind of comes from Jonathan's body, so an ancestor of his would potentially have the same power... or something.

I'll say that it's probably a worst "final boss finish" than Part 1 and Part 2's, though. The same kind of goes for the whole part, for me. It was still enjoyable, and I really liked the episodes after the moment they discover DIO's hideout.

cntr

Banned

It's inconsistent, but it seems to work like this: damage inflicted to stand affects user, damage inflicted to user does not affect stand.

Ezalc

Well part 2 is still the best part. This part was slightly better than the first part but well just pretty badly written all around. Ending wasnt even that good and was pretty infuriating, its like the writer pulled a M.Kishimoto how can Joseph be brought to back to life, in an episode in which theyve realized theyve done impossible things but he couldnt take the time to think of Kakyoin to be brought back. If they could have done that with Joseph then he could have proposed a similar miracle with Kakyoin, and the fights werent even that far apart so it would have been possible. Either bring back dead characters or not, I hate when they do selection based on time, it isnt sensible or morally justified.

Beyond that it was basically another story this generation in which the journey was better than the destination.

Hopefully the writer was open to feedback and received criticism for this part that enhanced the next part. The adapters also should be willing to alter or imporve things based on feedback too.

This fucking guy.

Jex

Pretty good finale. I enjoyed the finale changes made to the OP (not just the addition of new sound effects, but the new visuals as well).

I feel like this particular arc really works better when viewed all at once rather than just week to week but whatever, that's the reality of TV anime.

It's inconsistent, but it seems to work like this: damage inflicted to stand affects user, damage inflicted to user does not affect stand.

It definitely works both ways, but you just see the "if your Stand gets hurt, you get hurt" more often because the Stand is obviously going to be in the middle of a fight more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom