• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation |OT| Your next post will be... OH MY GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

So is there anything worth watching this season besides this and Space brothers? I think I'll get more reliable answers here than in the Fall thread, which is impossible to read anyway due to the gif spam and people live blogging whatever they happen to be watching

duckroll

So is there anything worth watching this season besides this and Space brothers? I think I'll get more reliable answers here than in the Fall thread, which is impossible to read anyway due to the gif spam and people live blogging whatever they happen to be watching

That's what the OP of the Fall thread is for! It's not like you should trust any of our impressions anyway! :D

BluWacky

It depends what you like. There are so many shows airing (with many more still to debut next week) that it's hard to say so far, and it's hard to judge based on Space Brothers and Jojo what else you might like - Space Brothers appeals to virtually everybody, and Jojo is a throwback to a style of shounen we don't see very often these days.

For action shows you might enjoy Btooom! and Zetsuen no Tempest . You should probably also check out Magi which starts tomorrow - a lot of people speak highly of the manga and it seems to be a fun action-adventure show.

There's nothing really much like Space Brothers airing at the moment. My personal pick of the season so far is From The New World, which is a creepy fantasy/horror show but very slow-paced. I don't think I could recommend it based on liking Jojo or Space Brothers but I think it's certainly worth a look.

It's still very early days, though - it's hard to tell based on just one or two episodes.

Somax

This episode reminded me what I learned when I first read Phantom Blood.
I think Dio is one of the greatest asshole characters ever written. And it only gets worse going forward!

I liked the first episode, I really want them to go on with the series, up to Jojolion... even if I don't have high hopes for that.

Anyways have awesome JoJo fanart GAF-
vzPtd.jpg
Bwahahahahahaha! Wiiiiiiiii!

Torraz

Never read the manga. What would be better:
a) read the manga first and then catch up to the anime
b) watch anime now and read the manga later?

Necrovex

I can't believe Crunchyroll got rights for virtually everything except this. :X

Are we certain about that? CR has three more shows to announce for the fall season, and Jojo could be similar to Fate/Zero, as in it'll take a week for the actual show to be subbed and released. So, there's still hope!!!!

Hagi

Man this was great and i'm not saying that because i'm a diehard JoJo fan. Poor Danny it hurt just as much as the first time. I like all the stylistic touches that they are implementing to make it like the manga. Next week Speedwagon!

I really hope this succeeds, i don't want to die before seeing Stone Ocean animated.

Thud

This episode shows that the anime is finally the adaption the series (but mostly Araki) deserved.

jett

D-Member
This was pretty awesome! As a total JoJo newb I really enjoyed that ep. Dio is one evil asshole, poor doggie. :( I hope he gets what he deserves.

This was pretty awesome! As a total JoJo newb I really enjoyed that ep. Dio is one evil asshole, poor doggie. :( I hope he gets what he deserves.

man, you're in for a treat.

i wish i could erase my memory to experience it for the first time.

Necrovex

I must be a patient person, and wait to see if CR will have Jojo. I want my first time with this property to be in 1080P!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Are we certain about that? CR has three more shows to announce for the fall season, and Jojo could be similar to Fate/Zero, as in it'll take a week for the actual show to be subbed and released. So, there's still hope!!!!
I can't believe Crunchyroll is doing so many delaycasts instead of simulcasts. :X

Instro

Episode 1 was really good. It lacks in some areas when it comes to production values, but the direction is really strong and helps make for some really compelling anime. I haven't seen much of the manga, but the show definitely captures the feel of manga pages, its pretty neat really. The pacing appears to be extremely fast, I'm not sure if that will end up being a good or bad thing, but it mostly works in this first episode as it does a good job of getting the audience to grasp the characters motivations pretty quickly.

So yeah, it'll lack the crazy animation of the 90's OVAs but it has managed to present Jojo impressively in its own way.

As my first experience actually sitting down and watching something Jojo related(minus playing the games and reading some backstory), this was great. I loved most things about this, and I didn't even realize how big of an asshole Dio is. Holy shit, I thought they would ease into his despicable nature, but I guess not! Can't wait for episode 2 already.

Ending theme isn't bad, either.

EDIT: Oh, ending theme is Roundabout by Yes! That's why I love it and recognized it!

As my first experience actually sitting down and watching something Jojo related(minus playing the games and reading some backstory), this was great. I loved most things about this, and I didn't even realize how big of an asshole Dio is. Holy shit, I thought they would ease into his despicable nature, but I guess not! Can't wait for episode 2 already.

Ending theme isn't bad, either.

EDIT: Oh, ending theme is Roundabout by Yes! That's why I love it and recognized it!

You're a good person.

Anywho I like that they've executed the animation well enough so it doesn't need to be as violent as the manga(very violent!).

Damn you Dio, I love to hate you

First episode was very good and I really like the look they're going for. I'm glad they didn't waste more than one episode on this part though.

Tobe

ok im hype, finally going to able to see a jojo anime. got one problem with this thread, the title would make reference to part 3 and since this is part one it should have its own catch phrase.

ill return for when i watch the episode.

qcf x2

I was hoping the art style would be a little closer to the manga. Part of the experience is the retro looking, over-exaggerated expressions.

Otherwise, it was okay. Not surprised they didn't show
Danny on fire.
At least they aren't censoring blood (yet).

Thud

ok im hype, finally going to able to see a jojo anime. got one problem with this thread, the title would make reference to part 3 and since this is part one it should have its own catch phrase.

ill return for when i watch the episode.

The yell isn't unique in part 3.

I was hoping the art style would be a little closer to the manga. Part of the experience is the retro looking, over-exaggerated expressions.

Otherwise, it was okay.
Not surprised they didn't show Danny on fire.
At least they aren't censoring blood (yet).

haha, I was waiting for that scene but it never came, unsurprisingly.

Thud

Dio's voice is the same of the old OVA?

No, it's the seiyu that did Takasugi from Gintama. I don't know if the old one could do this, Dio in Part 3 is more evil laughs and one liners like ZA WARUDO, WRRYYYYYYY and MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA. You can't tell a story with that.

Because my life is in shambles, even after all this time I've not gotten around to the original animation JoJo DVD complete set on my shelf.

But, I did catch this first episode and indeed found it to be awesome. Dio definitely a monster...and one that kinda jerks at a weakness of my heartstrings to boot in the end of the first ep. Rage!

Too lazy to read the manga first so I had to take a look at the first episode. I dig the style, but I feel like the designs of the characters aren't as good as when it switches to those still stylistic shots. People were not kidding Dio is a big jackass but I expected him to be more evil (like drown JoJos first girlfriend in that mud).

Thud

storafötter;42925670 said:
Too lazy to read the manga first so I had to take a look at the first episode. I dig the style, but I feel like the designs of the characters aren't as good as when it switches to those still stylistic shots. People were not kidding Dio is a big jackass but I expected him to be more evil (like drown JoJos first girlfriend in that mud).

That's because he's still a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom