• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation |OT| Your next post will be... OH MY GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

First episode was really good way better than what i expected. VA's are on point, some of the scenes are copies of the manga which is godlike. Like dio fucking up danny it is fucking 1:1 to the manga panel.
Awesome start for the anime! im fucking hype!

GB dude give it a chance it is not 100% the same but its good.

I was hoping the art style would be a little closer to the manga. Part of the experience is the retro looking, over-exaggerated expressions.

Otherwise, it was okay. Not surprised they didn't show
Danny on fire
. At least they aren't censoring blood (yet).

Might want to spoiler that. The series may be 25 years old, but it's new to quite a few people.

Finalow

I liked this first episode, waiting to see the rest.

btw if you're new to the series you should really read the manga instead of watching this.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck, I want to get super buff, grow a beard and go fight a bad guy.

Ep 1

Finally watched it. The manga effects are pretty good and the use of color is really smart.

Dio is an awesome asshole haha. Speedwagon next week yay. Cant wait for Battle Tendency.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My "favorite" thing was how they handled the characters thinking, with the funky background and those weird spikes moving around.

Mumei

I think the biggest leap for me was that I am to believe that these characters are 12.

The first episode was quite enjoyable, though. I've been interested in Jojo since learning about the fighting game with the overpowered owl (Petshop?). I look forward to more.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The first episode was pretty fucking awesome. Loved the style, action, art direction etc. The best part of the series is the fact that it has MOTHERFUCKING ROUNDABOUT as the ending theme though.:D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Glad this adaptation seems to be turning out good. Can't wait to watch it myself.

Watch Da Birdie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyVqGv_BeA

Here's the commercial for the JoJo Exhibit starring the Part 4 characters (using the voices they'll have in the game, at least for Josuke, and probably the show too). Can't say I ever saw Koichi as blue-hair though, thought he was a blond.

I think the biggest leap for me was that I am to believe that these characters are 12.

The first episode was quite enjoyable, though. I've been interested in Jojo since learning about the fighting game with the overpowered owl (Petshop?). I look forward to more.

Yup, all the characters look like they are in their mid 20s haha. It's like the opposite they do with girl characters looking really young then saying they are 18 or something.

duckroll

Yup, all the characters look like they are in their mid 20s haha. It's like the opposite they do with girl characters looking really young then saying they are 18 or something.

All the characters are going to look like they're in their 40s starting next week!

/XX/

Might want to spoiler that. The series may be 25 years old, but it's new to quite a few people.
Man, cosmicblizzard I thought mild spoilers were allowed for this and all,
because the synopsis on the opening post is quite, quite revealing itself of what is to come on this very same arc/series! :-D

Man, cosmicblizzard I thought mild spoilers were allowed for this and all,
because the synopsis on the opening post is quite, quite revealing itself of what is to come on this very same arc/series! :-D

Didn't realize. Most obvious one has been deleted.

Mr. Fix

My reaction when I first read JoJo:

ihf7lpi7dx.gif

It's nice to see other newcomers enjoying it.

Just watched it.....holy shit that was awesome. Between the over the top action scenes, silly monologues and Dio's comical dickishness I need more. I'll probably end up reading the manga.

Platy

I was hoping the art style would be a little closer to the manga. Part of the experience is the retro looking, over-exaggerated expressions.

Otherwise, it was okay. Not surprised they didn't show
Danny on fire.
At least they aren't censoring blood (yet).

THANK YOU !

I stopped reading the manga at that scene .... I have a soft spot for this kinds of things =/

Might watch the anime because they cut that part

duckroll

It's so interesting reading the reactions of people who have never read Jojo before. It's going to get WILD real quick. :)

Mr. Fix

It's so interesting reading the reactions of people who have never read Jojo before. It's going to get WILD real quick. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least ran another 12-13 episodes just to fit in Part 3. Though yesss, more JoJo fans!

duckroll

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least ran another 12-13 episodes just to fit in Part 3. Though yesss, more JoJo fans!

Not happening. If they do pt3 it'll be another season produced later on. They already have retainer listings for the complete set of Blu-ray/DVDs for the current series. It's definitely 26 episodes. Stardust Crusaders is much longer, it can fill a 26-39 episode series all by itself.

duckroll

Don't forget that when they first did Stardust Crusaders as an OVA, it was ultimately 13 episodes at 40+ mins each. That's about 26 TV episodes of runtime, and that was considered a compressed adaptation with stuff cut out. Trying to do it in 13 episodes? That would be unwatchable. Lol. :(

Mr. Fix

You're breaking my heart here, ducky. I know nothing about Part 4, surely that can suffer in its place
I kid.

With all the Naruto and One Piece and (pre-cancelation) Bleach, it's very strange to see a Shounen genre anime based on a manga with so much content limited to/dived into hard seasons, with an uncertain future.

There was no uncertainty of adapting the whole manga when those shows were first airing, I don't think? Nor did anyone think of them in seasons or cours or what have you?

With all the Naruto and One Piece and (pre-cancelation) Bleach, it's very strange to see a Shounen genre anime based on a manga with so much content limited to/dived into hard seasons, with an uncertain future.

There was no uncertainty of adapting the whole manga when those shows were first airing, I don't think? Nor did anyone think of them in seasons or cours or what have you?

Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/etc. air in the daytime and are aimed at children. Jojo TV airs at night and is aimed at older fans of the material. There's different economic factors in play - the key factor is that TV stations pay to air the daytime shows and make the money back through advertisements, whereas the producers of the nighttime shows have to pay the TV stations to air the shows and have to make their money back through disc sales, merchandising, and the like.

duckroll

Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/etc. air in the daytime and are aimed at children. Jojo TV airs at night and is aimed at older fans of the material. There's different economic factors in play - the key factor is that TV stations pay to air the daytime shows and make the money back through advertisements, whereas the producers of the nighttime shows have to pay the TV stations to air the shows and have to make their money back through disc sales, merchandising, and the like.

Let's also not forget that when Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/etc started airing, there wasn't 25 years worth of material to catch up on. That's another huge factor in terms of investment.

Thud

Not happening. If they do pt3 it'll be another season produced later on. They already have retainer listings for the complete set of Blu-ray/DVDs for the current series. It's definitely 26 episodes. Stardust Crusaders is much longer, it can fill a 26-39 episode series all by itself.

I'm surprised they would do the first two parts in 26 episodes. Battle Tendency has a lot more chapters than Phantom Blood, but it's still manageable. If they will do Stardust Crusaders, then 26 episodes per part is enough to obtain fast paced episodes. I sure hope they could cover all the completed parts.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
FWIW I think the series is popular enough that we most likely won't have to worry about it getting renewed.

FWIW I think the series is popular enough that we most likely won't have to worry about it getting renewed.

If it was so popular, it should have gotten an anime 20 years ago. And the current anime market isn't anything to write home about. I mean the recent Lupin anime bombed I think, and that's a pretty big franchise.

That being said, I think it will do well too.

I like it better than part 3. I think most people judge P4 unfairly because of the bad english fan translations. Duwang and etc.

It's a very different from any of the other parts and I think it should be judged as such. It almost feels slice of lifeish, but not really. Definitely felt fresh after part 3.

Mupod

I like it better than part 3. I think most people judge P4 unfairly because of the bad english fan translations. Duwang and etc.

I haven't read it in years but I was initially turned off of part 4 by the incoherent translation. It's funny to reread it but at the time I was just confused. I definitely got into it halfway through though...can't remember if the translation cleared up or if Kira was just so awesome that I didn't care anymore.

either way my favorite overall is part 2, favorite arc is D'arby the Gambler from part 3, and favorite page...well, my avatar should be a clue to that.

oh and speaking of DUWANG, I guess I have to watch every episode twice now.

ibv5gohSnKQDK8.png

Watch Da Birdie

My favorite thing about Part 3 is how funny it is...like, every chapter is full of dark humor, and pretty much every villain suffers an ironic, usually non-fatal in most cases, defeat. It's pretty much a road trip movie all the way through.

Snakeyes

The first episode captured the feel of the manga really well. Wonder how they'll handle the more gruesome moments during fights.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If it was so popular, it should have gotten an anime 20 years ago. And the current anime market isn't anything to write home about. I mean the recent Lupin anime bombed I think, and that's a pretty big franchise.
Yeah, but the recent Lupin anime was very unlike any Lupin before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom