• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart back on TV for the '16 election on The Late Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
Jon Stewart is returning to the political commentary arena at last.

Vulture reports that Stewart will join Colbert on The Late Show to help cover the Republican National Convention next week, also staying on to cover the Democratic National Convention a week later, according to an exclusive with Vulture.

A rumored role reversal from the days when Stewart was an anchor and Colbert was correspondent is, however, still speculation. More will be known about Stewart’s involvement with The Late Show coverage of the RNC this Monday.
Jon Stewart left Comedy Central’s The Daily Show in Spring of 2015. In November of last year, Stewart announced an upcoming project with HBO, though details of that project are still unknown. Stewart’s contract with HBO runs through 2020.

http://usuncut.com/politics/hes-bac...-stephen-colbert-cover-republican-convention/

One door closes and another opens.

SeanC

To have these two on the screen again talking politics together. Gon b good. You know Stewart is locked and loaded and hopefully this will give Colbert a chance to go more his old way.

giga

F4MgxcTZg2u64.gif

He's been so dearly missed.

I imagine Stewart is mad at Trump, not just because of the fact that Trump is an asshole, but because Trump became the story that everyone wishes Stewart stayed on the Daily Show to cover.

I'll miss the writing team, but we really need Jon Stewart this election lol. Glad to see him back for the election at least.

Futureman

Damn this'll be good. I've caught Colbert a few times in his new show and it's decent. If Stewart became a reoccurring guest that would be funny.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man, Stephen must have called in the mother of all favors.

Or Jon just feels horrible about how badly Colbert's late show is that he wants to help.

Either way doesn't matter to me WE GET MORE JON STEWART. Wooo!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I want to get excited but this is CBS instead of Comedy Central and that is kind of been a problem for Steven for his entire Late Show run, at best he has been playing a less edgy version of his character and they are not going to have the leeway they once had.

Sanjuro

Alternate Timeline

Colbert is axed. Corden gets the 11:30 Late Show. Stewart has to provide coverage for the '16 Election on The Late Show with James Corden. Stewart doesn't fit the formula of singing in cars and is axed.

Colbert & Stewart offer programing on Twitch.tv.

Arkeband

Banned
I went to go see Colbert at the beginning of this month for my birthday, and my question during the Q&A (that I didn't get to ask) was going to be if we'd seeing Jon Stewart during Stephen's election coverage.

so... this is very happy indeed.

I want to get excited but this is CBS instead of Comedy Central and that is kind of been a problem for Steven for his entire Late Show run, at best he has been playing a less edgy version of his character and they are not going to have the leeway they once had.

totally not edgy, like putting Cruz on blast about his obstruction to LGBT rights, calling Fox News "not real news" to Bret Baier's face masterfully and making him squirm like a toady about Roger Ailes, and getting Rumsfeld to admit that they had bogus intelligence that they knew was bogus but still acted on it. That last one is something you won't see on any other late night host's show, let alone absent from most print journalism.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alternate Timeline

Colbert is axed. Corden gets the 11:30 Late Show. Stewart has to provide coverage for the '16 Election on The Late Show with James Corden. Stewart doesn't fit the formula of singing in cars and is axed.

The may be the future timeline all things considered.

DietRob

Alternate Timeline

I'm OK with this.

I've already said quite a few times that my wet dream is Colbert and Stewart teaming up for an hour long show on HBO. Jon's got the deal all Stephen needs to do is get fired.

NYR

James Corden gets axed. The Late Show with Pewdiepie premieres.

James Corden offers programing on WSHH.
Corden is really popular online and CBS loves him for it. He gets a shitton of views and thus ad revenue on YouTube. He has 6.4 mill subs compared to Seth Meyers who only has 500,000. He is the most popular 12:30 host because of it.

DietRob

Corden is really popular online and CBS loves him for it. He gets a shitton of views and thus ad revenue on YouTube. He has 6.4 mill subs compared to Seth Meyers who only has 500,000. He is the most popular 12:30 host because of it.

He's a flash in the pan. As soon as people get tired of celebrities singing in cars its over for him. Maybe this is old man yelling at cloud but I hate how these shows 'need' to have a viral component now.

If you think Cordon could survive in the 1130 slot against Fallon and even Kimmel you are delusional.

Eidan

Man, Stephen must have called in the mother of all favors.

Or Jon just feels horrible about how badly Colbert's late show is that he wants to help.

Either way doesn't matter to me WE GET MORE JON STEWART. Wooo!!
Stewart is a producer on the show, and has said he'd appear in some fashion almost from the first episode.

Kibbles

This week is going to be so good, really looking forward to it. All the shows are live during the convention too

Breads

Banned
I'm so god damn excited for this.

Like holy shit. John Oliver's show is a treasure. Jon Stewart making a comback on HBO... man.. ah it's so exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom