• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
53,000 subs lost now lol

tumblr_inline_omqsuyVBN41uf3vdg_540.png

I don't think this pic's accurate, given his socialblade page he only lost ~6400 alltogether. What's the source for it?

ISee

Aye, truly an idiot. Not sure if it was like this in the US, but in the UK up until into the 60's, many public places and some residential areas had signs that said no blacks, no dogs, no irish. It wasn't all that rare to see according to the older members of my family. Anyone who denies the Irish received their fair share of racism and hatred are kidding themselves.

Irish being discriminated for not being "white" is an irrational concept to him without understanding that racism and categorizing humans by their color is always irrational and it never makes sense. This tells me that he really believes that people are different just because of their color, as later proven by the africa part.
It's even better, this guy is a 2nd generation immigrant (half iranian, half hungarian). He considers himself to be an american, part of the white majority and is he is afraid that refugees and immigrants are coming to america to destroy his beloved country/system.
He is an idiot but he is the living proof that immigrants will integrate into society. Some racists wouldn't even consider him being 'white' and he still is afraid that the 'white race' is going to diminish over time.

As someone who hasn't actually watched his content before and only knows about him through comments other youtubers and streamers have made in the past, is this not par for the course with him? Racism, sexism, and general ignorance on multiple subjects are constantly brought up when ive heard other people talk about him. I just assumed this was the sort of shit he spouted all the time.

As someone who hasn't actually watched his content before and only knows about him through comments other youtubers and streamers have made in the past, is this not par for the course with him? Racism, sexism, and general ignorance on multiple subjects are constantly brought up when ive heard other people talk about him. I just assumed this was the sort of shit he spouted all the time.

His main content output (game videos) had zero political stuff, not even as jokes. I would link some of them like his Nightshade video but I don't really want to give him any more views.

The more he stuck around and got more "personal" with his content and crossovers, the worse his shit got. It looked for a while like he relegated his shitty views to questionable tweets occasionally (not that that really excused anything he said in the tweets) but he has really dug his heels really hard.

Damn, I didn't know who Destiny was before this thread and didn't know anything about JonTron until his comments the other day, but damn. Destiny is a great debater - provided statistical data, stayed on his toes, held JonTron accountable for some of the bullshit he said even as JonTron tried to switch topics and laugh off a lot of great points. It really goes to show how ignorant so many people peddling JonTron's ideologies are.

Fuck it, I'll play Devil's Advocate:

The point he makes about only white western nations being pressured to embrace cultural and ethnic diversity, while many other ethnically homogeneous countries - let's say India - far from facing such calls are actually celebrated as and protected from intrusion, makes for an interesting talking point.

Contrast for example, Bollywood Cinema to Hollywood Cinema - which of these is being lambasted more often for a lack of broader cultural representation and which is actually more guilty of lacking ethnic diversity among it's cast and crew?

Super LTTP but India is homogeneous? What? It's one of the most ethnically diverse country in the world.

Trumps budget plan will slash 25% of the already starved education budget,25% of EPA and god knows what other basic programs to then hand a 60 billion dollar increase to our already bloated defense budget.Trumps healthcare bill is cutting medicaid expansion and subsidized healthcare and replacing it with Paul Ryans ancient idea of "tax credits".Perhaps the most fucked up part is it will give insurance industry workers who make $500,000+ a yr a huge tax break paid on the backs of working americans.

Ffs even from an alt right pov its obvious these republican policies will hurt millions of "white" americans so why fucking support it? Cause you hate the same kind of people?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just as I expected, no new reports on this :/ Seems Jafari's really not important enough for the big news.
I was kinda wondering if Gizmodo would update their article with the TB defense, but apparently they haven't either.

Alucrid

Banned
Trumps budget plan will slash 25% of the already starved education budget,25% of EPA and god knows what other basic programs to then hand a 60 billion dollar increase to our already bloated defense budget.Trumps healthcare bill is cutting medicaid expansion and subsidized healthcare and replacing it with Paul Ryans ancient idea of "tax credits".Perhaps the most fucked up part is it will give insurance industry workers who make $500,000+ a yr a huge tax break paid on the backs of working americans.

Ffs even from an alt right pov its obvious these republican policies will hurt millions of "white" americans so why fucking support it? Cause you hate the same kind of people?

you don't have a stock of perri-air?

Slayven

Pretty much

UrbanRats

Even if this is real, he's still got 3,124,639 left. I don't think he gives a damn, and no, such a small decrease doesn't really effect ad revenue much.

Regardless, some of the shit he said, you don't just shake (or maybe you do, seeing Glenn Beck's arc) and in the long run it's going to bite him in the ass.
His, weren't the kind of casual "Oh damn PC culture has gone too far" remarks that most people would shrug off.
He went balls deep in this rhetoric, and i think that cuts out on his mainstream appeal.
And his videos are very easily digestible by a large audience, it's not MDE style stuff, which is abrasive to begin with.

He stands to lose a lot from this, i think.

Man that TB audio log... wew. Of course he says that Gizmodo

- took things out of context

- didn't include citations

- is a hit piece

- was part of Gawker and therefore complicit in spreading Hulk Hogan's sex tape

- is against free speech

- is inciting harassment

- is part of the dying liberal media outlets and is just lashing out at YouTube

etc etc etc. Basically every gamergate canard in the book.

He is an OG gamergate canard. Like, he was doing the same "big mean mainstream media are bullies" shtick when female devs and journalists were being ran out of the their livelihood and even their homes. He'll throw everyone who is deemed a threat to his YouTube under the bus if he wants to.

I tried my best biting my tongue over criticizing TB ever since he announced his cancer but now he's excusing white supremacy. Fuck that.

LionPride

Banned
He is an OG gamergate canard. Like, he was doing the same "big mean mainstream media are bullies" shtick when female devs and journalists were being ran out of the their livelihood and even their homes. He'll throw everyone who is deemed a threat to his YouTube under the bus if he wants to.

I tried my best biting my tongue over criticizing TB ever since he announced his cancer but now he's excusing white supremacy. Fuck that.

Cancer doesn't excuse shitty behavior. I thought he was better post GG, but this fool using his cancer to deflect criticism towards JonTron and himself?

Regardless, some of the shit he said, you don't just shake (or maybe you do, seeing Glenn Beck's arc) and in the long run it's going to bite him in the ass.
His, weren't the kind of casual "Oh damn PC culture has gone too far" remarks that most people would shrug off.
He went balls deep in this rhetoric, and i think that cuts out on his mainstream appeal.
And his videos are very easily digestible by a large audience, it's not MDE style stuff, which is abrasive to begin with.

He stands to lose a lot from this, i think.

Doubtful. You're vastly overestimating how much the 'mainstream' cares to follow his twitter or any of his activities outside of his channel, much less actively engage in his political rhetoric.

UrbanRats

Doubtful. You're vastly overestimating how much the 'mainstream' cares to follow his twitter or any of his activities outside of his channel, much less actively engage in his political rhetoric.

Well it was a problem for PDP, and i think Jon did far worse.
He can probably retain most of his core fanbase, but expanding beyond that could be a problem if people start to signal boost and decry his views and shit he said.

Could mean getting dropped by sponsors or not get space on a bigger channel/outlet (be it TV or whatever) because of it.

I'm listening to this again. Just subbed to Destiny on YouTube. JonTron is a fucking idiot. None of his arguments hold any weight. I like it when Jon says "I don't recall Trump ever saying anything explicitly racist". He's such a cretin. It's so sad to see this from a child of immigrant parents.

I also was arguing with someone on Twitter and they posted this image which apparently supports Jon's claim that rich black people commit more crime than poor white people. Lol. (Spot the error).

I'm listening to this again. Just subbed to Destiny on YouTube. JonTron is a fucking idiot. None of his arguments hold any weight. I like it when Jon says "I don't recall Trump ever saying anything explicitly racist". He's such a cretin. It's so sad to see this from a child of immigrant parents.

I also was arguing with someone on Twitter and they posted this image which apparently supports Jon's claim that rich black people commit more crime than poor white people. Lol. (Spot the error).
Is it how many white, black and Asian people are murdered per 100,000, not how many commit murder?

Uhhh lol

AndersK

Yeah, out his ass about it, twice. A lot of nothing and edge.

Its weird. He was so upset about Trumps' win that he had a giant row with his wife, who voted independent, you'd think he'd be against this categorically.

Edit: Could the source be referring to the Bereau of Justice statistics?

SerTapTap

What bothers me more than him being a dumb racist fuck is the idiots defending him and pretending it's about "balance" or "neutrality". The worst of which is "he shouldn't lose his job guys!!!"

What, bigots are required to be supported financially at a governmental level by "right" leaners now? Sounds like communism to me.

Is it how many white, black and Asian people are murdered per 100,000, not how many commit murder?

Yeah, these statistics are showing the number of people killed per ethnicity per 100,000. Somehow the racists defending Jon seem to think that getting killed is the same as committing a crime!

Ulong

To quote Matt Lees on twitter, "So weird that all these dudes who gleefully supported women being harassed have turned out to be... bad?"

Seriously, It always annoys me how obvious it can be that someone is a bigot, but there is no backlash until they step over some very specific thin line where now everyone is ready to acknowledge it.

Harmen

I don't think his subs will decline in the long run, unfortunately. Maybe aponsorships but he is not big enough for the media to really report on him to cause that. But, well, he most certainly lost me.

Oh right I looked it up, there is no 'Bureau of Justice'

I am no American but I think it does?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_Justice_Statistics

Jontron is obviously full of shit, don't get me wrong. But in order to counter these people I always like to know where they get their info and what the info means in proper context or if it is demonstrably fake by following the source.

rjc571

Banned
Oh right I looked it up, there is no 'Bureau of Justice'

There is a Bureau of Justice Statistics. I checked their articles on homicides but couldn't find any data regarding homicides by race and income level in the same chart. I did find this series of charts showing "rate of violent victimization" per race, income level and residential area. Shockingly enough, it doesn't support JonTron's claims.

Xf9gHX8.png

Edit: Or I guess this is showing crimes victimized by rather than committed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom