• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joran van der Sloot pleads guilty to murder of 21 years old Peruvian woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an English source yet, so you'll have to do with the google translate version

AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot has pleaded guilty of everything he is accused of in court Wednesday in Lima.

Now that he has done that, he will be eligible for reduced sentences. The prosecutor wants him to go to prison for 30 years for the robbery and murder of Stephany Flores, 1.5 years ago.
The judge will make his final verdict in the case on this Friday. According to his lawyer Joran feels like he is being persecuted by the whole world. The lawyer said his client''is subject to a deep emotional trauma because of what happened''.

Van der Sloot expressed his regret in the Peruvian court, reports CNN.
On the first day of the trial in Peru Monday, the Dutchman even confessed that he killed Flores one and a half years ago. He would, however, killed the millionaire's daughter in an emotional impulse, he became angry when he saw Flores on his laptop documents Natalee Holloway watched.
U.S. teenager Holloway disappeared in Aruba exactly five years earlier, where Van der Sloot then lived. She was never found, he is still the main suspect.
After this statement asked Van der Sloot reflection on the court for his definitive statement about the charges against him. That he had until Wednesday.

source: http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2712848/joran-van-sloot-bekent.html

Amir0x

Banned
what always made this fucked up to me is that this dude extorted 25,000 out of the Holloway family because he claimed he could give them information that would lead to her body; then he used that 25,000 to flee to Peru and kill this other chick.

Talk about causing insult to injury. Bad enough you likely killed Natalie Holloway, but you had to extort money from her parents as well?

Boozeroony

This dude is so fucked up. He is a ruthless killer, pathological liar and psychopath that I would not want to be in same room. His cold eyes....

7threst

"According to his lawyer Joran feels like he is being persecuted by the whole world. "

He kind of is. And he deserves it too. What a sick bastard.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
good, little piece of shit thought he was gonna get a "benign" sentence because he pleaded guilty. "If you plead guilty we'll reduce the 30 year sentence" ":D" "28 years it is!"

my math might be wrong, but, yeah he thought it'd be less.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So he gets away with murder and then does it again? What the fuck?
-gets away with murder
-tells a family member he'll tell the location of the body for money
-the location was a lie
-uses it to go to Peru
-kills this 2nd girl he got 28 years for on the 5 year anniversary of when the first girl went missing

Joran is probably in the Nord class, so I imagine he is skilled with 2-handed weapons.

EDIT: Deathnote, is that really what happened?

Mudkips

Banned
I wonder what would happen if he had sex with Casey Anthony.
Or maybe he already did!

Nancy Grace would implode.

MadmanUK

-gets away with murder
-tells a family member he'll tell the location of the body for money
-the location was a lie
-uses it to go to Peru
-kills this 2nd girl he got 28 years for on the 5 year anniversary of when the first girl went missing

-Profit
-Repeat

RSP

TV show in Holland said that of the 28 years, its likely that 50% will not be filled, and since he has already been in there for about two years, he could spend about 12 years in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom