• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jose Mourinho to take over Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Oh great we have to put up with this idiot talking absolute bollocks every week again while the media lap it all up and talk up how wonderful this cretin is.

Jarnet87

Mou is the The Prince that was promised.

The Mou era:

giphy.gif

Was very apprehensive to the idea at first as a United fan.

Certainly have warmed to it however. Will do the club a lot of good to have a manager of his caliber after this season. Will get the best out of players like Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin and won't be too scared to drop Rooney should he go through a sunday-league level period again.

Strange people label him boring. I'm sure his Madrid side broke the goal scoring record when they lifted the La Liga?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Two clubs that go through managers like socks.

Would have thought Man U would want something more long term.

Isn't that being a bit hypocritical? Mourinho always gets sacked after 3 seasons! Those clubs always sack managers! Could be coincidence

Lego Boss

It is time for us to regain our god-given place on top of the football pyramid.

You will hate us again, and I will love every second of it.

It feels good to be a cunt.

In the immortal words of Booker T:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFBnoCL2qU

Nope. Supremacy is over. These are cylcical/generational and it's the turn of other teams now.

Lesta have turned it upside down. They may never win it again, but over the next ten years they'll have won it more times than Utd.

Soz.

Carl2291

Best manager in the world with the biggest club in the world.

They're gonna sign Zlatan. They're gonna win the league.

Audioboxer

A has been who won the league in the previous year. It may not work out for Man United, but this is a moronic opinion.

Football fans have so much hate in their hearts. You don't see such remarks of "scum this" "cunts that" anywhere else as often as in football rivalries. Some banter is funny but soo many really believe the shit they spout.

I can live with it in the EPL, the reason I hate the SPL is its that same anger from boys and men mixed in with religion and bigotry.

So I'm a Scot who doesn't give a fuck about the SPL.

Par Score

Finally.

I have no idea whether it will work out or not, but at least:

a) It's not LVG and his fucking awful 'philosophy'
b) We'll never have to hear another 'Jose to United' rumour.
c) The Stretford End will come up with more quality Mourinho chants.

Audioboxer

one of the most successful managers going so not a flop.

and didnt so much fire her as reduce her role at the club till she quit, then sued them and won.

That whole situation was a shitshow. Mourinho was totally in the wrong. Just gotta hope the Man Utd hierarchy keeps his insane side in the bottle.

DBT85

I'll take it, I don't think his attitude and media baggage is right for the club but he'll get results and right now with no CL again, it's what we need. He's also won things recently so will be able to attract players.

Gaal may have won the fa cup, but the football has been fucking dire and he's shown little to no sign of accepting that fact, on top of that, who wants to go and play in that team right now under him?

Could have given the guy a few days before leaking it to the press though.

Genuinely would prefer Klopp but that won't happen any time soon now.

Podge293

That whole situation was a shitshow. Mourinho was totally in the wrong. Just gotta hope the Man Utd hierarchy keeps his insane side in the bottle.

He was yeah no doubt. Can't deny he's an absolutely fantastic manager tho. Proven winner wherever he goes and it's what United need know. They need to get back to challenging for the title, not fighting for fourth

Audioboxer

He was yeah no doubt. Can't deny he's an absolutely fantastic manager tho. Proven winner wherever he goes and it's what United need know. They need to get back to challenging for the title, not fighting for fourth

More so they need to make good players want to sign for the club and try and keep current players who are good (De Gea for one). I think the only chance we have of keeping him could be JM and some statement signings. Not sure David would want another season under LvG.

Sadly I still think he'll leave for Madrid.

Kyoufu

Two clubs that go through managers like socks.

Would have thought Man U would want something more long term.

Well their long term goals are a complete miss right now and the longer they miss on Champions League places the more their stocks go down. They need a short-term fix and Mourinho is usually the man for that. They just need to get some world class players in. Their current squad bores the world to tears.

Seriously, who's going to carry the midfield for Mou?

Mourinho will manage to bring the best out of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin I'm sure. Both have had their roles greatly restricted by LvG this season.

I had questions over Schweinsteigers fitness when we signed him, but he played a lot of football before his injury. Heck he's even been named as captain in the Germany euro squad! He'll have a big role to play next season.

I hope Mourinho reinstills some confidence in Herrera, he has had it shattered by LvG.

one of the most successful managers going so not a flop.

and didnt so much fire her as reduce her role at the club till she quit, then sued them and won.

I'm using flop in the ghetto way

And yeah, that makes more sense. What a fucking sod.

Unlikely, the crazy always comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom