• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Beef

Level 5 perk : your chirps emit a sonic boom rippling through stone and sand that stuns your foes, keeping them in place for your execution move.

Like that sounds SICK! The sand interacts so well with your toon in this game, I would love to sonic boom and explode that pretty sand everywhere!

I understand your comments are made in a mocking fashion, but that honestly sounds like fun! I would totally spam it in game, maybe try to harass the other player with it or at least enjoy manipulating the environment.

Danielsan

Like that sounds SICK! The sand interacts so well with your toon in this game, I would love to sonic boom and explode that pretty sand everywhere!

I understand your comments are made in a mocking fashion, but that honestly sounds like fun! I would totally spam it in game, maybe try to harass the other player with it or at least enjoy manipulating the environment.
Yep. These games aren't for you. Still happy that they got your $15 and your girlfriend got to experience a fantastic game.

You'd try and troll in Journey?

Tha game truly is not for you :p

Vodh

That's just fine, I agree that it wasn't meant for me. But the entire thread is people explaining how amazing Journey is. I'm assuming there are other people out there that I can save $15 for.

Yeah, this thread is the perfect scam, it's like that thing in the carnivale with the Man-Eating-Chicken which turns out to be
just a man sitting in front of a table, eating some chicken
and the only way you can get any enjoyment out of this is to trick your friends into wasting money on this show too. Stop ruining our fun, we want more people to waste money on something we hated too.

Beef

You'd try and troll in Journey?

Tha game truly is not for you :p

I was honestly pretty bored at the end, so I was spamming the chirp button as quickly as I could whilst running around my coop partner. I really don't want to come off as a troll here, but that was likely my favorite part of the game :/

colt45joe

Banned
mm, well, all I know is that its really fun flying around in sync with another player. and the parts where you slide down are awesome too.

Melchiah

I was honestly pretty bored at the end, so I was spamming the chirp button as quickly as I could whilst running around my coop partner. I really don't want to come off as a troll here, but that was likely my favorite part of the game :/

Going by that, and your post on the Duke Nukem thread, I'm not surprised you didn't find the game entertaining. ;)

Donos

Just beautiful. First two people i met didn't really care for me. but the last one was a true buddy. waited for me etc. He had a little more detail so i think it was his/her second time. I think the later parts a really strong with some else. You really feel connected and get a "let's do this" vibe. Nice experience and visuals. I paid 13€ for Transformers 3 in 3D and this 12.99€ were more entertaining for 2 hours (no hate against T3).

Chapeu at TGC for making something else. Now gimme a Speedrun clock,a clan system, and buyable HATS and fancy scarfs ;)

Kinyou

I think I enjoyed the game a little more when I was playing alone, at least in the first playthrough. I mean it kind of bothers me when the other person already knows where to go, what to do etc. I prefer discovering those things on my own.

btw. The graphics are just amazing, maybe the best I've ever seen. The combination of lighting 2D and 3D is just perfect.

I think I enjoyed the game a little more when I was playing alone, at least in the first playthrough. I mean it kind of bothers me when the other person already knows where to go, what to do etc. I prefer discovering those things on my own.

btw. The graphics are just amazing, maybe the best I've ever seen. The combination of lighting 2D and 3D is just perfect.
Yea, this game is really altered by who you run into. I just wish it was more sensitive to First time players and kept them together ect.

Is it easy to spot a first timer?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.

notsureifserious.gif

No excellent combos i think was my favorite.

Arucardo

Just finished my first play through a moment ago and man, what an awesome experience. I basically played through the whole thing with the same person and it seemed pretty obvious that it was his/her first time through it also. He/her joined me at the pink sand part and stayed with me to the end, so awesome.

I really bonded with my friend and always felt bad
when he/she got hit by one of those dragons that I managed to avoid. Also, I got really worried when you see what you did so far and the "prophecy" of the upcoming snow part and it looks like one of you is slouched or falling over, I thought that means that your friend was meant to die, so seeing my friend fall over before I did had me going "noooooooo!" in my head. Seeing him/her again after the snow part was a relief :)
. Staying close during the snow part to keep warm was a nice touch. Overall I felt the experience was well worth the money.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
where is this pink sand part everybody talks about where you can draw in the sand?

GeoramA

Doing some exploring in the 3rd area and just found the
Flower easter egg.
Much more rewarding finding these yourself rather than using a guide.

Never realized how huge these areas are. Exploration is a whole different game in itself.

Flower easter egg.

Never realized how huge these areas are. Exploration is a whole different game in itself.

The problem is running into an impatient companion. I always felt bad doing the exploring while the other person just wanted to keep pressing forward.

DEO3

The problem is running into an impatient companion. I always felt bad doing the exploring while the other person just wanted to keep pressing forward.

My first play through was with a single buddy that guided me through to the end, I stuck to him like glue as he led me to various runes and glyphs along the way, but also past a lot of areas I wanted to stop and check out. So the next evening I played another game of Journey, meaning to explore every nook and cranny, but as fate would have it I was paired with a newbie, who stuck to me like glue, and I found myself guiding him as I was guided the previous evening - passing onto him the knowledge that was passed onto me.

And then the same thing happened that night after that.

And then the night after that.

I ended up taking my PS3 offline for my fifth play through just so I could finally stop and smell the roses, haha.

^ I had to do the same thing (go offline) especially for a couple trophies, specifically the one to cross the bridge without completely rebuilding it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Flower easter egg.

When I found the flower I had earlier that day watched a gameplay thing on youtube simply because I was dieing to get home and play myself. The reveal of the flower was completely out of context and as I hadn't played yet I had no real reference point as to where to find it. After my first playthrough i made it back to the sands and spent literally 45 minutes + just wondering around thinking "I know it's here SOMEWHERE"... some of the views I had from the top of sand dunes were amazing.. playing with the border winds was more fun than I imagined and via all this aimless walking I ended up finding all 4 of the Glyphs and can now practically find them with my eyes closed...

I have a hard time understanding people not enjoying this game. It's like people that don't like being outside in a park on a beautiful hot summer day with a cool breeze and a perfect view .. "I'd rather be playing CoD than standing in this stupid park..." ... weep for the masses.

^ I had to do the same thing (go offline) especially for a couple trophies, specifically the one to cross the bridge without completely rebuilding it.

When I finally decided to do this I was already a White Robe and my partner in this level was another White Robe... he jumped up to the bridge bypassing the first cloth bridge at the exact same time I did without any prompting ... like this is just HOW White Robes do the level! LoL .. was pretty awesome.

DEO3

How many of you have had buddies message you after your games? In my five play throughs I've had three people message me their appreciation, their thanks, their desire to simply put into words what they could only chirp in game.

How many of you have had buddies message you after your games? In my five play throughs I've had three people message me their appreciation, their thanks, their desire to simply put into words what they could only chirp in game.

I led a Red Robe from beginning to end and managed to score him six of the trophies, including Transcendence. He sent me a massive thank you message afterwards. Felt good man. Never thought I'd receive a thank you note via PSN.

Miggytronz

Oh hell yes!

Hello Miguel,

Firstly: Congratulations, you have been randomly selected as a ‘Winner’ for a Journey scarf. Secondly: Reply to this email with your mailing address so I may send your prize this week.

Thanks for entering!
--Matt

Matthew Furtado
Examiner.com -- National Video Game Examiner

(EDIT)^^^ Two from GAF! Congrats to you too!

I won one of the Scarf/Bags from the Examiner contest! I'll post pictures and everything once I get it! I'm really happy to win. Playing Journey while my GF in Singapore watched from Skype was so much fun. I can't wait for her to get here next month and play it.

I'm really looking forward to the LBP sackboy too! I've been playing Flower getting some trophies that I never got around to getting and I love the feeling of serenity both of these games give me.

Can't wait for the soundtrack too!

Hopefully we'll cross paths on the game sometime - PSN = catskratch

SmithnCo

Haha, honestly sounds like parody.

Miggytronz

Why are you guys drawing hearts. That could be a teenage boy you are playing with =/

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

I turned online off after someone pretty much ruined the second segment for me. The person clearly had already played the game and was doing everything before I even had time to enjoy the vistas and think about goals.

But now it's back on since I've already cleared the game... Time to find out what I've been missing...

Tilian

Banned
How do you fall on you face/ play dead?!

While walking normally at full speed, quickly press forward and back repeatedly. It takes only a few to get it.

It's fun when you're with another who knows it, but I felt bad for pulling it on a first-timer since it seems to have freaked them out.

ScOULaris

While walking normally at full speed, quickly press forward and back repeatedly. It takes only a few to get it.

It's fun when you're with another who knows it, but I felt bad for pulling it on a first-timer since it seems to have freaked them out.

Nah, freaking out newbies is awesome. They run around your seemingly lifeless body, chirping in a confused panic. About ten seconds later, you pop up and let out a fully charged chirp to let them know that you were just messing around.

PooBone

Played this game start to finish in one sitting Sunday. It's very likely my Game of the Year. Breathtaking moments all through out. I ran into 8 different people along the way. The closest comparison to something else I could make is Ico meets Fantasia. Amazing experience I couldn't recommend more highly. Music was awesome, graphics were stunning, gameplay was fun, that desert surfing scene was mind blowing. Awesome, awesome game.

Played this game start to finish in one sitting Sunday. It's very likely my Game of the Year. Breathtaking moments all through out. I ran into 8 different people along the way. The closest comparison to something else I could make is Ico meets Fantasia. Amazing experience I couldn't recommend more highly. Music was awesome, graphics were stunning, gameplay was fun, that desert surfing scene was mind blowing. Awesome, awesome game.

Just dont draw sand hearts around your fellow robeys. They could be teenage boys.

Vomiaouaf

So yeah. I didn't read anything about the game except for glowing recommendations, and it only took the credits to make me realize that I was playing with humans (not AI) all along. So yeah. Second playthrough started right after >_< Amazing experience. So much fun & wonder.

ScOULaris

So yeah. I didn't read anything about the game except for glowing recommendations, and it only took the credits to make me realize that I was playing with humans (not AI) all along. So yeah. Second playthrough started right after >_< Amazing experience. So much fun & wonder.

How could you have possibly thought that they were AI? Didn't their complex behavior clue you in?

Top Bottom