• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joystiq: DS redesign coming as soon as January 16th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nester

Don't really know what to say about this. Joystiq seems sort of hit or miss lately.

http://culture.joystiq.com/2006/01/11/nintendo-ds-redesign-coming-jan-16th/

First the Reggie let it slip that the little dual screen handheld that could was being considered for a fabulous makeover, then Japanese gaming mainstay Famitsu reiterated the idea. Now we have a rumor from well-regarded video game importers Lik-Sang that we may be treated to the new DS model as early as January 16th! They write, "... here at Lik Sang too we have received word a couple of days ago from a Japanese contact stating Nintendo will have a formal announcement of the re-design on Jan 16th."

I personally don't mind the current style of the DS, but wouldn't hesitate to purchase a redesign and give my wife the current DS. :lol

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
From Mozlapunk, interesting.....

A visitor of the IGN message board lobby (the free message boards as opposed to the Insider boards) had a visit of a self-proclaimed Nintendo insider. He said Nintendo would unveal the final secret of the Revolution controller in a press conference on January 16, followed by more info about the system at the upcoming E3 show in May.

Below is the post of the 'insider':

Hello, IGN Revolution lobby visitors

The purpose of this thread is to inform you of an upcoming announcement regarding the Nintendo Revolution project. On Monday, January 16, representatives of Nintendo of America have scheduled to exclusively announce, in detail, the final secret of Nintendo's revolutionary free-hand controller to IGN.com at 11:00 A.M. (pacific time). After this announcement, there will be another announcement of a final major secret regarding Nintendo's next generation console, which is to be revealed at the E3 press conference in May. Starting in early March, Nintendo will begin a steady, aggressive marketing campaign. I know this because I am directly employed by NOA. I cannot reveal any detail of my identification or employment, as you surely understand.

There is also another incentive for me to inform you about the upcoming announcement regarding the final secret of the controller nearly two weeks early. Although the controller's secret will be revealed in detail on January 16, an overview of all the revolutionary aspects of the free-hand device is available via e-mail to all members of My Nintendo at Nintendo.com who register a minimum of 70 Nintendo products. This e-mail includes a brief summary of the yet to be announced controller secret. I say that, for any possessing the resources, this information is now available.

We would advise our readers to not get too excited, as an insider choosing a message board to give important details about Nintendo isn't exactly trust worthy, as regular Moz La Punk visitors most probably know all too well. We'll keep you informed.

Roders5 said:

A visitor of the IGN message board lobby (the free message boards as opposed to the Insider boards) had a visit of a self-proclaimed Nintendo insider. He said Nintendo would unveal the final secret of the Revolution controller in a press conference on January 16, followed by more info about the system at the upcoming E3 show in May.

The purpose of this thread is to inform you of an upcoming announcement regarding the Nintendo Revolution project. On Monday, January 16, representatives of Nintendo of America have scheduled to exclusively announce, in detail, the final secret of Nintendo's revolutionary free-hand controller to IGN.com at 11:00 A.M. (pacific time). After this announcement, there will be another announcement of a final major secret regarding Nintendo's next generation console, which is to be revealed at the E3 press conference in May. Starting in early March, Nintendo will begin a steady, aggressive marketing campaign. I know this because I am directly employed by NOA. I cannot reveal any detail of my identification or employment, as you surely understand.

There is also another incentive for me to inform you about the upcoming announcement regarding the final secret of the controller nearly two weeks early. Although the controller's secret will be revealed in detail on January 16, an overview of all the revolutionary aspects of the free-hand device is available via e-mail to all members of My Nintendo at Nintendo.com who register a minimum of 70 Nintendo products. This e-mail includes a brief summary of the yet to be announced controller secret. I say that, for any possessing the resources, this information is now available.

We would advise our readers to not get too excited, as an insider choosing a message board to give important details about Nintendo isn't exactly trust worthy, as regular Moz La Punk visitors most probably know all too well. We'll keep you informed.

*whistles*

mattx5

an overview of all the revolutionary aspects of the free-hand device is available via e-mail to all members of My Nintendo at Nintendo.com who register a minimum of 70 Nintendo products.

Fuck that bullshit, I really doubt that.

qirex

Although the controller's secret will be revealed in detail on January 16, an overview of all the revolutionary aspects of the free-hand device is available via e-mail to all members of My Nintendo at Nintendo.com who register a minimum of 70 Nintendo products. This e-mail includes a brief summary of the yet to be announced controller secret. I say that, for any possessing the resources, this information is now available.
This is the best part by far.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'll probably be getting the ¤ NEW redisigned DS ¤ (which will be my first DS). I don't like the look and feel of the current one.

MrDaravon

Roders5 said:

The purpose of this thread is to inform you of an upcoming announcement regarding the Nintendo Revolution project. On Monday, January 16, representatives of Nintendo of America have scheduled to exclusively announce, in detail, the final secret of Nintendo's revolutionary free-hand controller to IGN.com at 11:00 A.M. (pacific time). After this announcement, there will be another announcement of a final major secret regarding Nintendo's next generation console, which is to be revealed at the E3 press conference in May. Starting in early March, Nintendo will begin a steady, aggressive marketing campaign. I know this because I am directly employed by NOA. I cannot reveal any detail of my identification or employment, as you surely understand, because I am full of shit.

Fixed. Also, there's over 70 Nintendo products you can register?

carrieasaeris0wr.jpg

Never forget

Nester

an overview of all the revolutionary aspects of the free-hand device is available via e-mail to all members of My Nintendo at Nintendo.com who register a minimum of 70 Nintendo products.

So, only Mejilan can see it? :lol

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Just to be safe I ran out and bought another 58 Nintendo products and am FURIOUSLY REGISTERING.

*huff huff*

Tumalu

marvelharvey said:
Same with MK DS
Hmm? I thought that's what the "Transfer Nintendo WFC Configuration" option did on the options menu for Nintendo WFC. Why else would they make you delete the settings from your current DS when transfering? If it's just exchanging the connection information, then that shouldn't be necessary.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PhoenixDark said:
It would be amazing if he goes on FOX News and spills all the Revolution's secrets to Bill O'Reilly :lol :lol :lol

:lol That'd be ace.

Speaking of Merrick, I wonder if he was the idiot that let it slip that Zelda was gonna have Rev. features. It would make some sense. It was reported by NGC and NGC is a European magazine, and where does Merrick work? Nintendo of Europe!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

kenta

Has no PEINS
Roders5 said:
On Monday, January 16, representatives of Nintendo of America have scheduled to exclusively announce, in detail, the final secret of Nintendo's revolutionary free-hand controller to IGN.com at 11:00 A.M. (pacific time). After this announcement, there will be another announcement of a final major secret regarding Nintendo's next generation console, which is to be revealed at the E3 press conference in May.
So the FINAL SECRET will be revealed on January 16th...

...and then the FINAL SECRET will be revealed at E3. Alrighty then.

mj1108

Roders5 said:

Fake...fake...fake..... That's all that can be said. It's fake as anything.

monkeyrun

MadOdorMachine said:
Monday's Martin Luther King Jr Day, a U.S. national holiday. I don't believe this news.
it's not easter ... so I am running out to buy 70 Nintendo products just in case. :lol :lol

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
PhoenixDark said:
Japan doesn't care about black people.

True, they don't observe the holiday in Japan, but NOA does and I'm sure they'd be part of whatever announcement was being made. It's possible the announcement could be for Japan only though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom