• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joystiq: DS redesign coming as soon as January 16th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he told us why the most read magazine in Germany already reported about the controller on the day of the presentation.

Oh yeah. What did he say?
No German magazine knew about the controller before Nintendo's presentation in Tokyo.
And only a few journalists were allowed to get into the presentation.
There were also no prior informations under NDA or something like that.

Shiggy

thegodsend said:
Oh yeah. What did he say?
No German magazine knew about the controller before Nintendo's presentation in Tokyo.
And only a few journalists were allowed to get into the presentation.
There were also no prior informations under NDA or something like that.

The BILD magazine posted some hours later an article in their issue, at the point of the presentation everything was written. According to gabriel they knew about the controller 2 days before the presentation was held.

What is with your translation skills shiggy ?
I forgot a word, I think that was obvious ;)
But my skills are really bad (I think you agree) :D

http://www.nintendoonline.de/magazin/forum/profile.php?userid=4603

Srider

Banned
On some chinese bbs I go to, multiple sources are confirming the same description of a thinner DS, built with a better LCD screen, White PSP like clear coating finish, and mic between the two screens. DS and GBA slots are both still in.

Of course people believe it's fake, but they are standing by their sources.
We'll see what happens.

Shiggy said:
The BILD magazine posted some hours later an article in their issue, at the point of the presentation everything was written. According to gabriel they knew about the controller 2 days before the presentation was held.

I know the guy that wrote the BILD article in person. The article was not written before the presentation and they knew nothing before.

Shiggy

thegodsend said:
I know the guy that wrote the BILD article in person. The article was not written before the presentation and they knew nothing before.

Even if it was like so, everything else that gabriel said was right, and I really doubt that he told us the thing with the BILD just as a joke, it was impossible to publish that article that fast after the presentation.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
060126dslite1.jpg

060126dslite2.jpg

060126dslite3.jpg

http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=1681

Now to see the actual unit, and not just Nintendo concepts.

sonofabitch. I just bought the damn red DS and now you show me something even sexier? (granted it's a concept, but anyway)

March 2nd? that's almost my birthday. early birthday present to myself? methinks the answer is "yes".

wait, where's the power button?

Beezy

You've got to be fucking kidding me! I've only had my DS over a month! I'm going to end up being like most of you guys with the GBA and end up buying a second one.

Gio_CoD

Banned
bune duggy said:
sonofabitch. I just bought the damn red DS and now you show me something even sexier? (granted it's a concept, but anyway)

March 2nd? that's almost my birthday. early birthday present to myself? methinks the answer is "yes".

wait, where's the power button?
On the side with the volume slider.

railGUN

Banned
From the Gamespot Preview:

Specs released by Nintendo are as follows.

Product Name: Nintendo DS Lite
Release date: 3/2/3006
Price: 16,800 yen

Size:
DS Lite: 133.0 x 73.9 x 21.5mm (when folded)
(Original DS) 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.9 mm (when folded)
br/> Weight:
DS Lite: 218g
(Original DS) 275g

sometimes I wonder... that's about when I'd consider picking one up though...

railGUN

Banned
bune duggy said:
yeah, I didn't see that before. Thanks.

and the date thing is weird. The US does month-day-year while the rest of the world does day-month-year. does that mean it's coming out in a little over a week?

i'm sure it means March 2... unfortunatly, it's March 2, one thousand years from now... my point being, does anyone read this shit at Gamespot before they publish it?

Mrbob

Ahh damn it Nintendo....I should have seen this coming, though.

I'll probably trade in my Mario Kart DS system for this. I don't like the game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom