• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juicy Xbox360 rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kIdMuScLe

why did you say you have revolution and ps3 rumors and you are not goin to post it? that just stupid. that's like sayin you have a 10inch cock to your man but your never show it cuz you get assfucked everyday!!

Hollywood

Banned
I believe your rumors, don't let the asses pester you, just post what you got. I mean it says rumors in the title, so no one is under any obligation to beleive them.

Chiggs

Gold Member
kIdMuScLe said:
why did you say you have revolution and ps3 rumors and you are not goin to post it? that just stupid. that's like sayin you have a 10inch cock to your man but your never show it cuz you get assfucked everyday!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahfasdgadffhrtgf

ElyrionX

ATJaguarX said:
I have slowly realized that when he was talking about dual G5 processors, he was talking about the development boxes. He is intimately familiar with the development boxes.

And yes, it is a modified version of Windows Longhorn, not Windows XP.

After the flaming that myself and Saurus have received by trying to CONFIRM Xbox "rumors", don't expect any PS3 and/or Revolution rumors. We tried to be helpful and it has only turned into a full time job trying to put out fires here.

And Saurus is correct... we divulged 15 minutes of a 90 minute conversation that took place late at night with a slight language barrier, so it has taken sometime for everything to sink in. I felt I could try and put some truth behind some rumors (what I felt as truth).

And if you can't figure out who might know alot about the development process of the Xbox 360 and the games to follow and the previous games on Xbox, then you have other problems. No... it wasn't just a kid off the street... but then again, I didn't ask for physical proof of who he was.

Hey, I believe you. Don't let the few haters around here discourage you from posting any further rumours.

FightyF

Banned
1). Parents look for BC in the system when they look to buy the next gen for their kids. They wanna know that "little johnny" can play all the games that they spend hard earned cash for on the new version of hardware. PS2 opened this attitude up and now its an expected feature of next gen systems. I've worked in the gaming retail sector and I know first hand how many people inquire about BC in system purchases. Excluding it is gonna turn parents off right away. Especially adopters of the past 2 years or so.

Name one parent like this.

mj1108

Fight for Freeform said:
Name one parent like this.

Having worked game retail myself, you'd be surprised as to how much BC is a selling point for parents. Sure we may not care about it, but it's "one more thing" the system can do and makes the system seem like an even better value in the eyes of the parents.

bitwise

Banned
yeah, I would be surprised. I thought parents would just get what console the kid asked for.

knowing what the kid wants, they still go and compare technical things like backwards compatibiilty and make a different decision on what console to buy??

"lets get junior THIS console instead.. its for his own good! It has.. backwards compatibilty!!"

FightyF

Banned
I don't know if BB counts as game retail, but I've never encountered a parent like this. I can imagine some parents asking about it, but can't imagine it changing any parent's minds.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Why do you post these rumors for the glory and the fame, or just to do a general service?
general service

If the former, then tough nuts, no one pats you on the back for this shit anymore.
I'm not asking for a pat on the back, just don't ask for more after you've (talking about everyone in general) just flamed me for what I've posted.

You know credibility is ALWAYS questions.
Obviously, otherwise the thread would have been titled "Juicy Xbox360 FACTS"

I haven't said anything in this thread until now
Good... let's keep it that way

If you let the few, rabid skeptics get to you, then you shouldn't even have mentioned anything in the first place.
Didn't know this forum was "that type of forum". Thought people were more grown up here then the GameFAQS forums. Guess I was wrong.

If you can't tell, the only thing that pisses me off more than skeptics who harass rumor posters are rumor posters who whine.
I agree

ATJaguarX

Banned
Question...

I don't follow the rumors too much, but has it been rumored that the upcoming Halo2 patch will contain an update that shortens the melee distance? If not, then lets see if the update does include it. If so, this will add some credability to my source (if not to you, to me atleast).

scarybore

ATJaguarX said:
Question...

I don't follow the rumors too much, but has it been rumored that the upcoming Halo2 patch will contain an update that shortens the melee distance? If not, then lets see if the update does include it. If so, this will add some credability to my source (if not to you, to me atleast).

It was mentioned in a bungie weekly update if I recall, last weeks possibly.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Has it been mentioned that the number of plasma pistols on the map will be reduced? My source also mentioned that as well...

scarybore

ATJaguarX said:
Has it been mentioned that the number of plasma pistols on the map will be reduced? My source also mentioned that as well...

No it hasn't but if true thats an excellent thing (it should be taken out all together imo). Im looking in the bungie updates for that quote on the melee attacks as I'm sure ive read it but it may have been elsewherein which case you would be right.

Edit- only thing I could find was this; "We also took this opportunity to improve split-screen display support and do some fine-tuning on melee and grenade combat."

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
just post the rumors!

anyway as far as bc goes, its not "oh well we will just buy the other system cause it has bc" its "well we dont want to spend all that money and then have little jimmy not be able to play his old games, i guess we wont buy it until it gets cheaper"

bitwise

Banned
(Reuters) BOSTON, MA

In an MIT study of 1,026 hardcore & casual console gamers, the group concluded that an overwhelming 68% find backward compatibility the primary reason to move to a next generation console. Participants in the survey noted that it was important they be able to play classic games such as Super Mario Sunshine and Killzone on the latest hardware.

"Why should I play the latest, best looking & sounding games on a next gen console when I can play older games that don't look as good?" one participant mused. Most of the gamers questioned in the survey admitted that early adopters of next gen systems are stuck with lousy, rushed game titles at launch, and have to resort to playing older games to make them feel better about their expensive console purchase.

Console makers Sony and Nintendo were not available for questioning but rival Microsoft's J Allard had the following comments. "We opted to go with launching our system with games people will want to play. We prefer the notion of moving the industry forward and not backwards like our competitors."

-gs

scarybore

bitwise said:
"We opted to go with launching our system with games people will want to play. We prefer the notion of moving the industry forward and not backwards like our competitors."

Sounds like a big fuck you to BC to me! I have to say I never really cared for BC, and it won't affect my purchases as I've never sold any of my consoles, but with the reliability problems of the Xbox and PS2 in particular I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to include.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Edit- only thing I could find was this; "We also took this opportunity to improve split-screen display support and do some fine-tuning on melee and grenade combat."
It's funny you mentioned that. You're stirring up things that I forgot from our conversation. He mentioned that "grenades" (not sure he if meant plasma or frags) had variable damage that wasn't working properly. Look for grenade damage to be changed. He mentioned that grenades that were supposed to kill, weren't... due to the variable damage.

Like I've said in previous posts, there was a slight language barrier, so I appologize if what I posted is brief.

xbox360front.bmp

Xbox360back.bmp

Dev Kits

kIdMuScLe

fuck i didn't say i like getting assfucked. goddamn it mofos!!! is there a chance that tag will go away? or am i goin to live forever with that shit?!?!?!?!!!

Speevy

Banned
kIdMuScLe said:
fuck i didn't say i like getting assfucked. goddamn it mofos!!! is there a chance that tag will go away? or am i goin to live forever with that shit?!?!?!?!!!

I hope so. :lol

maharg

idspispopd
kIdMuScLe said:

It doesn't say you like it.

Chrono

Banned
I can post PS3/Revolution rumors if you guys want.

Ok here we go:

- Rev launch this year in japan. early spring for U.S. and europe.
- 7 playable games at E3, the "nintendo 7."
- Two of which are joint projects between EAD and other Japanese developers. My source says one of them is an epic science fiction real-time RPG being done with Atlus, mostly the shin megami tensei group.
- Retro will have a launch title. They're making two games, one will be in E3 ("think God of War but with ninjas and hookers" he says) and the other is Metroid. They're experimenting with 3rd person view but mostly likely it'll end up like the first two metroids.
- The revolution design is rumored to look like the mac mini, with the same disk tray used for Cube disks and the new Rev format.
- Controller has the extra z button people bitch about. In fact it has the same buttons and layout as any other console. What's different about it is a soft rubber-like section at the bottom where you can 'feel' the game. Say a 3rd person action game, and you're jumping and slaying demons with your uber-badass sword. Those lower sections of the controller will allow you to somehow 'synch' with the uber-badass hero. Let's say he's landing from a jump, and two fuckers are going after him. what you can do, instead of mash in-air attack buttons or wait until he hits the ground, is rotate him in the air and do a stylish 360 attack in ANY direction you want. Actually you can control his body way beyond the limits of a normal controller. How this is done will not be revealed at E3, and games will be playable in cube-like controll4res, but you'll see it in TGS just before the Japanese launch.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Chrono said:

Ok here we go:

- Two of which are joint projects between EAD and other Japanese developers. My source says one of them is an epic science fiction real-time RPG being done with Atlus, mostly the shin megami tensei group.
- Retro will have a launch title. They're making two games, one will be in E3 ("think God of War but with ninjas and hookers" he says) and the other is Metroid. They're experimenting with 3rd person view but mostly likely it'll end up like the first two metroids.
- The revolution design is rumored to look like the mac mini, with the same disk tray used for Cube disks and the new Rev format.
- Controller has the extra z button people bitch about. In fact it has the same buttons and layout as any other console. What's different about it is a soft rubber-like section at the bottom where you can 'feel' the game. Say a 3rd person action game, and you're jumping and slaying demons with your uber-badass sword. Those lower sections of the controller will allow you to somehow 'synch' with the uber-badass hero. Let's say he's landing from a jump, and two fuckers are going after him. what you can do, instead of mash in-air attack buttons or wait until he hits the ground, is rotate him in the air and do a stylish 360 attack in ANY direction you want. Actually you can control his body way beyond the limits of a normal controller. How this is done will not be revealed at E3, and games will be playable in cube-like controll4res, but you'll see it in TGS just before the Japanese launch.

I know that it won't be launching in JPN this year, but these rumors sound as good as any fantastical ones floating around. I've actually heard that Retro was experimenting with more 3rd person viewpoints, but not a complete switch from the first-person.

FoneBone

Chrono said:

Ok here we go:

I stopped believing you here, sorry. I mean, Iwata said the hardware features weren't even finalized yet... I don't expect anything more than a few tech demos. If that.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
FoneBone said:
I stopped believing you here, sorry. I mean, Iwata said the hardware features weren't even finalized yet... I don't expect anything more than a few tech demos. If that.

You are correct sir, but don't always believe what Iwata says. Internal development has begun in earnest, 3rd parties are picking up as well. The question is what will Nintendo reveal in private screenings vs. the public? They do want to generate hype & anticipation for the Revolution with this E3 & the next.

Chrono

Banned
Li Mu Bai said:
They do want to generate hype for the Revolution with this E3 & the next.

They can't afford not to. X360 will have playable games while PS3 is the successor to the #1 console this generation and will probably be the most powerful and have the biggest list of 3rd party support/exclusives announced.

yet despite this reggie says E3 won't be revolution's coming out party. -_-

kIdMuScLe

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! revolution is not launching this year cuz Teh Zelda is coming out in November!!!

and now post the ps3 rumors plz!!1!!1!!111!1!

Anyone remember this post? Anyone want to eat crow?

eat_crow.gif

ATJaguarX said:
Also, look for Bungie to reset the Halo2 stats with the upcoming DLC. They are thinking of doing this since it is possible that people have padded their stats via glitches that are being patched.

My source claimed that the Xbox 360 looked like an Apple G5. I'm starting to think that he meant that the development boxes look (internally) like an Apple G5.

There were a few things that he was VERY definate on.

1. Xbox 360 WILL be out November. He stressed it over and over again.
2. Xbox will have up to 4 different output ports
3. Halo2 will be re-done in High-Def and playable on XBL and included with the optional HDD
4. MS is planning on releasing Halo3 to coincide with the PS3 launch
5. MS marketing is using the name Xbox 360 as of now
6. XBL Gamers will have gamercards that show various statistics
7. Xbox 360 will be running on an Apple G5 platform with possibly dual processors (development only?) on Windows Longhorn
8. Xbox 360 will be about 2 things. High Def and Community
9. Halo 2 Coop LIVE was 100% complete and made it through both Alpha and Beta testing

If I "see" him again, I will ask more questions based on the feedback on this post.

... more to come...

ATJaguarX said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom