• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Horse

Banned
ibp87YGdVEfKuu.gif

Bowser

I can't believe Jack fucking Swagger has more heat and a defined direction than Cesaro. If you're not Bork, being a Heyman guy seems to suck any heat you might have ever had.

Ugh.

Spider from Mars said:
You can see the attendance drops in most of those promotions. With New Japan recovering from its lull, do you see any other promotion taking some prominance? With All Japan cutting half it's roster, NOAH in a deep funk, W-1 having it's issue with drawing and talent.
Does that leave Dragon Gate the number 2?

Yep, Dragon Gate are definitely the no.2 promotion in Japan at present - everyone else is just fighting for third place. I don't think any of them will manage it, though - not until at least one of them's out of business. I wouldn't write Akiyama's AJPW off just yet, perhaps - it'll be interesting to see if he can rebuild the promotion in the coming months, now they've split from money mark Shiraishi and all the negative press he brought with him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Backed the Freight Train kickstarter. This deserves an OT no?

XenoRaven

I have a dumb question about Freight Train.

Is he really good at playing a character or is it still real to him dammit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
quick, gimme some Freight Train jiffs for the OT.

XenoRaven

I just realized that Emma is going to have to move since now every NXT mark knows what street she lives on (if they didn't already).

Hasney

Maybe Bo should have a stable of Bolievers at some point. Man, I love the gimmick and it's even better now it's not about the title like it was in NXT for a while, but if he had some guys alongside him that could actually go, it would be utterly fantastic.

High hopes for Tyler Breeze on the main roster now.

Also, I came back to Raw today after a hiatus. Can't miss Jericho.

Mengetsu

I wake up to Emma being arrested for theft of an iPod case?! This can't be real. She has all the money In the world my head hurts...

Maybe Bo should have a stable of Bolievers at some point. Man, I love the gimmick and it's even better now it's not about the title like it was in NXT for a while, but if he had some guys alongside him that could actually go, it would be utterly fantastic.

High hopes for Tyler Breeze on the main roster now.

Also, I came back to Raw today after a hiatus. Can't miss Jericho.
Bo and Bryan comedy tag team

XenoRaven

I wake up to Emma being arrested for theft of an iPod case?! This can't be real. She has all the money In the world my head hurts...
She just got called up from NXT so I don't think she has all the money in the world. Plus I think the highest paid Diva makes like 70k a year or something.

I'd be infinitely more excited for Muta vs Taker than Sting vs Taker - his body might be broken down, but Muta's theatrics and ability to tell a story in the ring shit all over Sting. If Sting vs Taker happens, expect dullness.

My thoughts exactly. I can't ever recall a wrestler with such talent who is as so incredibly inconsistent as Marufuji - he seems to jump between being amazing, unnecessarily convoluted and utterly disinterested, sometimes all in a single match.

NOAH's main problem is a lack of talent - which, funnily enough, is the same problem AJPW, W-1 & ZERO1 all share. If just one of those groups went out of business or merged with another, it could help a ton. I'd mix NOAH & W-1, who already have a working agreement with Z1 - that'd give a champion like Nagata a load of instant challengers for his title; Masa Funaki, Koji Kanemoto, Minoru Tanaka, KAI, Kono, Sato, Sai etc.

When NOAH was flagging in the late 2000s/early 2010s, its alliance with the Kensuke Office/Diamond Ring gave it a blast of fresh air.

NOAH also burned out its prospects too quickly. There was a time when Morishima felt special, when Go Shiozaki felt like he had potential. I have no idea what Morishima's up to these days, and Shiozaki's stuck in All Japan.

You can see the attendance drops in most of those promotions. With New Japan recovering from its lull, do you see any other promotion taking some prominance? With All Japan cutting half it's roster, NOAH in a deep funk, W-1 having it's issue with drawing and talent.
Does that leave Dragon Gate the number 2?

Dragon Gate is the number 2 company in Japan. But really, Osaka Pro and DDT are where it's at. (Not actually true.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I get juniored, I will never forgive any of you. I think it's a legitimate thing people need to check out, I like it. :(

Mengetsu

She just got called up from NXT so I don't think she has all the money in the world. Plus I think the highest paid Diva makes like 70k a year or something.
Well she makes more than most people..Maybe she has that disorder where you like to steal? The name slips me atm.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe there's no Disturbed/Linkin Park MVs of Freight Train.

Well she makes more than most people..Maybe she has that disorder where you like to steal? The name slips me atm.

She has the disorder of being a young person goofing off. It's not like she robbed a bank. My friends who lived in the suburbs used to take shit all the time.

I can't believe Jack fucking Swagger has more heat and a defined direction than Cesaro. If you're not Bork, being a Heyman guy seems to suck any heat you might have ever had.

Ugh.
They're just ruining him. That new theme song is the absolute worst thing. He isn't really feuding with anyone at all. They put him in high up positions like the IC title (lol) but they never make him do any work to get there. So when he is there he has no heat or anything and nobody really cares.

Review of Raw last night:

http://rajah.com/node/41900

It gets a 9 out of 10. That's tied with the night after WrestleMania for best Raw of the year.

While there wasn't a match of the year contender or anything like that, there were a lot of quality matches throughout the show. That's all I want. Four matches had commercial breaks in them. That means they were given time to tell a story.

It seemed like there were less backstage segments too. It was more about the in-ring action and the promos.

Speaking of the promos, I thought there were so many great ones like Ambrose talking to Rollins, Rusev/Swagger, Jericho/Miz and then Paige/AJ Lee too.

Great show this week. They need Raw to be that good on a more consistent basis to really get fans into it. It was definitely a step in the right direction with Battleground coming up in three weeks and SummerSlam in August.

Best show of the year brehs. I think I'll watch it again. No need for negativity.

Mengetsu

Kleptomania?

I see we've already made the "she stole because she's Australian" joke.

I can't believe there's no Disturbed/Linkin Park MVs of Freight Train.

She has the disorder of being a young person goofing off. It's not like she robbed a bank. My friends who lived in the suburbs used to take shit all the time.

Kleptomania... (beaten)

Surely Drowning Pool?
Yea that's the one. I mean she could be young and made dumb choice as well. Still sucks if legit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Be grateful you didn't see this show:
9m29F0p.jpg

Top Bottom