• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

They noted that the new shows like Too Hot for TV, Swerved and The Stone Cold Podcast were among the most watched shows on the network, not mentioning the Jericho shows. They also said Beast from the Beast, a live show from Tokyo, ws viewed more than any show to date on the network with the exception of the PPV events, beating out the Austin interview with Vince McMahon which had been No. 1.

That Jericho draw.... Lol

I'm sorry Zach, that's not fair. Here, courtesy of LOLTNA

TNA rehashed the Millionaire's Club idea from WCW with the Main Event Mafia (MEM). This went about as well as one might think a year-long storyline involving a supergroup of Booker T, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, and Sting trying to teach the TNA Originals about respecting veterans would go.

The group of TNA Originals (plus Team 3D and Rhino) who banded together against the MEM -- the "TNA Frontline" -- stayed together as a cohesive unit for all of three weeks before everyone went off to do something else. TNA eventually resorted to having the MEM feud with itself to salvage something out of the broken storyline.

Eric Young formed the World Elite stable partway through the storyline. This group of random wrestlers from non-US countries later joined forces with the MEM near the tail end of the storyline. They turned on the MEM and then -- similar to Frontline -- broke apart unceremoniously to be in separate angles, though this only happened after Hogan and friends arrived (meaning that World Elite actually outlived the MEM).

Joe returned to TNA following three months of recovery after being beaten down by the MEM. Video packages hyped his return with a new look and threats of introducing the MEM to the "Nation of Violence". He feuded with the MEM for about six months after this, only to turn heel by betraying AJ Styles and handing Kurt Angle the TNA Championship at Slammiversary. This was especially stupid because Joe was the MEM's first target back in 2008. MEM explained that they couldn't beat him, so they just paid him off. Joe went from having main event matches to wrestling in the X-Division again during this run.

Rather than attempting to use the MEM angle to put younger stars over, the stable eventually imploded and feuded with each other, which eventually led to the MEM feuding with itself over control of TNA (as everything in TNA so often does).

The angle ended the night after Bound For Glory 2009 with Kurt Angle saying the group had accomplished its goal. In reality, Booker T had left the company and Sting had taken his annual time off.

Booker's last appearance was supposed to have him lose to Matt Morgan. Upon hearing this, he reportedly threw a gigantic hissy fit. He ended up doing a stretcher job. No surprise that it was soon revealed that Booker had been called the most selfish man in the company during his run.

Despite the angle being over, Steiner continued to wear MEM shirts and complained about young talent having no respect. TNA Never Followed Up On This™ because Steiner left soon after the angle's end.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Dana Brooke should have the most potential (wrestling skill) of the women that are in NXT that haven't already been called up to WWE. Bayley is talented, but I believe Brooke has more upside. Emma looks to have already peaked unless they allow her to change up her maneuvers. Carmella is at the bottom with Eva

1 - Brooke
2 - Bayley
3 - Bliss
4 - Emma
5 - Carmella
6 - Eva Marie

On the Men's side, they still have a lot of talent that are NXT "exclusive".

1 - Balor
2 - Zayn
3 - Breeze
4 - Itami
5 - Cassady & Amore

Not including Joe since I am unaware of where they are taking him and I don't believe WWE has bigger plans for him beyond helping sell NXT tickets. Rhyno, obviously, has no bright future besides helping put over the NXT stars. Gable looks great. Crowe has a lot to prove. Corbin probably would be in the top 5 if he can improve on his heel character. I'm not sold on English & Gotch's future beyond NXT. Blake & Murphy should have a bright future if their size doesn't get in the way. Mojo is Mojo. Marcus Louis is enhancement talent. Dillinger is enhancement talent (I hope he can turn it around). Jason Jordan needs to continue improving his charisma. Dempsey could turn it around and have a mid-level career, but it will take time. I haven't seen enough of Wilder and Dawson. I'm ready for the next batch of NXT debuts -- hoping for Uhaa, Braun Stowman, and a few new women's debuts

jmdajr

20150729_Cesaro_BrassRing_LIGHT_HP.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Close, but no cigar - this is my personal favourite;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak_uY6KiFN4

The riff, the solo, the fact that it sounds like something a late 80's surfer dude would totally listen to.

It just isn't upbeat enough for me. Something that never bugged me, considering how much I hate children, is how kids went nuts when Sting's music hit. You never felt like "these fucking idiots" - it was always "hell yeah kids, get psyched!" - Surfer Sting was so good.

Favorite Sting color combo?

n8rp4VF.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surfer Sting was really cool but it amazingly smart of him to ditch that gimmick once the late 90s happened.

It worked out great. It really did. His injury and his idea on how to stay relevant by changing his entire character.

And hey, you can't lie - Joker Sting also worked. It got all of us to watch TNA. I'll still never forgive you Spindashing

jmdajr

Surfer Sting was really cool but it amazingly smart of him to ditch that gimmick once the late 90s happened.

It's like he was all glam....but then knew Goth was in.

edit: I watched TNA those two, three weeks when Sting was cool.

Then he gave up the gimmick just like that.

Heel

The 90s are back, though. Just like Jordan sneakers in the early 2000s, Sting needs to come out with Retro Sting colorways to reinvigorate the brand.

Sting with Jazz Solo Cup face paint would be absolutely huge with the millennials.

t08lxjc.jpg

Zach

It just isn't upbeat enough for me. Something that never bugged me, considering how much I hate children, is how kids went nuts when Sting's music hit. You never felt like "these fucking idiots" - it was always "hell yeah kids, get psyched!" - Surfer Sting was so good.

n8rp4VF.jpg

Not that. But there are a lot of different ones that were amazing. Bright green and black. Pink and black. Halloween Havoc orange and black. Heck, he could even pull off red, white and blue during the Bash. Fun times.

n8rp4VF.jpg

#allpinkeverything

rDCQZoA.gif

Thank you Y2kev! Hear hear.

So naito's new finisher is a hard counter to the rainmaker

tumblr_ns9iviUBOP1rofocqo1_500.gif

Love this,idea of guys getting new moves to counter a rival
This is an awesome idea and execution. Things like this can lead to the other guy adding a new finisher because he keeps getting caught. Everyone keeps moving forward.

I don't think there's a worse feeling in the world than knowing your dog is dying. The scum fucks at the animal hospital don't have 'anyone available' so we couldn't get her put to sleep until much later. But she's not in any visible pain. She may die at home, but at least she's somewhere she's familiar with.

It fucking sucks.
I'm sorry Data West. They really are best friends.

The 90s are back, though. Just like Jordan sneakers in the early 2000s, Sting needs to come out with Retro Sting colorways to reinvigorate the brand.

Sting with Jazz Solo Cup face paint would be absolutely huge with the millennials.

t08lxjc.jpg

Nostalgia overload.

Nothing so far from El Rey at the Television Critics Association press tour about Lucha Underground getting renewed.

Tom Paris, you dork.
tumblr_nrnuq84bPo1qzfq84o1_500.jpg

Heel

Has it be said if the Lucha Underground season finale brings closure? I'd hate for the fans to be left on a cliffhanger without all seven of Dario Cueto's Aztec medallions collected, à la The Pirates of Dark Water.

RP912

Banned
Smh the showcase mode in WWE 2K15 is so fucked. I swear I never had a game where it made me want to punch a moving car. The whole experience was dreadful and frustrating. Fuck wrestling games....I'm playing some Uno.

Top Bottom