• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Damn, do I miss those four guys on the screen.

raw7.gif

Striker

It's kind of weird how actually, y'know, wrestling focused ruthless aggression smackdown was. Raw was excessive attitude era esque nonsense but smackdown had the smackdown six, iron man matches, tales of the tape, and a cruiserweight division.
The Raw nonsense would have been good sans the Triple H bullshit.

Can't answer your specific question but had a couple comments:

- Looks like the 10/12 event in Tokyo is one of the bigger events of the year so might be worth going out of your way to try to catch it. Might be in Japan around this time and if so will definitely be trying to get tickets.

- Looking at the big show in September, there are a bunch of events that lead up to it, so probably a few other options, but it's hard to say where they might be at.

- Are you going to get a Japan Rail Pass? Probably a wise choice for that last week of your stay, given your itinerary (unless you already have other travel plans). If so, you COULD get from Nagoya to Tokyo in a 2-3 hours, catch the show, and then head back to Nagoya or Osaka after the show, all covered in the rail pass. A lot of traveling for a day but it's an option (depending on what time the event ends - looks like last Osaka Shinkansen is 9:23) :)
If I had of known they were doing a show on the 12th I would have booked an extra day in at Nagoya just to make things easier, going to be a lot of time on the Shinkansen back and forward if I do decide to go to the show, 2 hours out to Osaka, back to Tokyo and then back to Osaka as soon as I can :/. More so given the next day I'm looking at traveling from Osaka up to Fukui (3 and a half hour trip there) to go see a dinosaur museum up that way that is meant to be amazing.

Are there any good feds in Japan on the level of HUSTLE, just stupid silly fun that would be good for a night while I'm in Tokyo? If I can't see NJPW do want to check out at the very least some Japanese Pro Wrestling.

Vylash

"Velvet promo interrupted by Taryn, Dollhouse comes out and attacks, Velvet saved by Madison and Angelina; Beautiful People reunite"

lol that's like the 5th reunion, hell according to their youtube channel angelina and velvet were having a blood feud just last month

NoRéN

Wrestling fans get enough shit as it is. the redundant and juvenile jokes about dude's weight doesn't do anyone favors nor are they funny.
The point stands: why are you and others getting so worked up about fat jokes?

Do jokes with racist connotations bug you as much and if so, did you speak up when they occurred?

Where were you when someone here recently said that Charlotte was ugly and was lucky to have a famous dad?

Either this is just people getting worked up because their favorite is now the bud of a joke and their masking it with social justice or they feel personally offended because they can relate.

klonere

Banned
Big Poppa Pump @ScottSteiner
Hogan n Donald Sterling need to play Russian roulette with all the bullets in the chambers

Literally shooting

Well, people have been making that same joke for pages and pages on end. Though really since he debuted on Raw months ago and it kinda dominates the convo

but I think the jokes can be kinda funny so I don't rly mind much

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, people have been making that same joke for pages and pages on end. Though really since he debuted on Raw months ago and it kinda dominates the convo

but I think the jokes can be kinda funny so I don't rly mind much

Beating jokes into the ground is kind of our thing, though.

386.jpg

The Hulkster and the Deadman brother, bringing in those big numbers. The kids these days, they just can't draw!!!

It took two retirees making bad career moves to get us here. wrestling.txt

Well okay maybe except for this guy.

And Patrick from Tough Enough. He drew big numbers from the madness last week!

Aiii

So not worth it
my women's month laid the foundation for higher ratings and the current diva revolution, you're welcome

Sunny got lucky that Hogan turned out to be racist vile fucker, or he would have tanked the ratings and killed our stock value.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It ain't about post count, it's about the quality of discussion. Yknow, catering jokes.

RP912

Banned
So, WWE is making it out that the Kliq was a good thing. Huh.

You know how it goes...

Fuck the wrestlers that had to defend their spot and livelihood. Forget that Vince was HBK's footstool and Taker had to come out with his own gang to put the kliq in their place. I swear I wouldn't want the WWE to tell me the history of wrestling because everybody would be the enemy with the exception of Vince Mcmahon.

Aiii

So not worth it
As a cat person, seeing Natalya take in 18 rescue cats is the greatest thing.

They're so cute!

Top Bottom