• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

So is this thread Wrasslegaf New York or something?

kK81J5f.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Big Show just said: "My name is Paul and that is between y'all" right as TJ and Natalya were about to have a fight over giving Titus, Adam Rose and Slater a ride, before bailing.

This show is so great.

imBask

Banned
so, Enzo and Big Cass had a dark match on smackdown

everyone pick a date for the inevitable "break up feud" on the main roster

klonere

Banned
Big Show just said: "My name is Paul and that is between y'all" right as TJ and Natalya were about to have a fight over giving Titus, Adam Rose and Slater a ride, before bailing.

This show is so great.

I'm going to have to watch Total Divas aren't I. Oh god I do not want to watch this show.

so, Enzo and Big Cass had a dark match on smackdown

everyone pick a date for the inevitable "break up feud" on the main roster

3 months from debut, over Carmella, like it looked like would happen in NXT until they actually did something for a change.

I predict them failing to get over spectacularly and the WWE completely mistreating them as comedy jobbers. You know, like most NXT callups.

imBask

Banned
3 months from debut, over Carmella, like it looked like would happen in NXT until they actually did something for a change.

I predict them failing to get over spectacularly and the WWE completely mistreating them as comedy jobbers. You know, like most NXT callups.

"so enzo, we're going to change you gimmick a little bit okay? so now you're playing a mute. you'll see the crowd will LOVE IT. And you Big Cass, you'll be playing a giant who thinks he's a midget okay? HAHAHAHA"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bums me out I didn't go to SD, I coulda seen Enzo and Cass. Sigh. :(

klonere

Banned
"so enzo, we're going to change you gimmick a little bit okay? so now you're playing a mute. you'll see the crowd will LOVE IT. And you Big Cass, you'll be playing a giant who thinks he's a midget okay? HAHAHAHA"

"Enzo, you are just Enzo from now on, no "Amore" junk. Just stop talking during your little spiel when you are meant to say "Amore", the crowd will LOVE it.

Big Cass, you are just "Big" now. You and the Big Show are going to have a 3 month feud over the word "Big", I see you taking the loss on that one, dues paid etc."

good shit

that new king's quest game looks really cute.

but I'm sick of point and clicker walking sim games. which has been like every game that isn't a shooter lately.

point and clickers are for ham and eggers

imBask

Banned
OUTLIVE A GENETIC FREAK?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, HAVE YOU SEEN HIM AT BATTLEGROUNDS? HE'S FAT. YOU SEE, NORMALLY YOU HAVE A 53% CHANCE OF MAKING IT OVER 53 BUT WHEN YOU'RE A GENETIC FREAK LIKE HE IS YOU ADD A 32% CHANCE OF MAKING IT THROUGH

Cagey

Banned
The fat jokes don't though they are a useless distraction. The bolded questions are not relevant to the subject of Kevin Owens. The "I bet you did(n't)...." card is the stupidest crap someone can insert into a thought. Enough with the fallacies.

They're highly relevant because they reveal the intent: it's not to clean up the thread, it's because dudes are catching feelings now that their favorites, who they likely see elsewhere on The Internet as unanimously praised and think it should be the same here, get some heat.

If Big Show being a fat ass in 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 didn't produce any complaints, and had these same people joining in, then it's obvious why the KO stuff struck a nerve.

Sephzilla

Kevin Owens not beating John Cena anymore sort of makes me not care for dude anymore, not gonna lie.

John Cena basically never losing during his US Title Run has put a damper on the entire thing for me because it's turned into basically an accelerated version of "same old shit". His entire open challenge run is basically built around someone eventually stepping up and beating him, instead it's CenaWinsLOL. There was no reason for Cena to win that feud with Owens especially if Cena is getting pushed back into the main event.

imBask

Banned
John Cena basically never losing during his US Title Run has put a damper on the entire thing for me because it's turned into basically an accelerated version of "same old shit". His entire open challenge run is basically built around someone eventually stepping up and beating him, instead it's CenaWinsLOL. There was no reason for Cena to win that feud with Owens especially if Cena is getting pushed back into the main event.

it'll probably happen now ( a little too late ) since he's winning the other belt

or...

he unifies the World Championship with the US one? World Wrestling Entertainement World And United State Heavyweight World Championship of the World

Cagey

Banned
Kevin Owens being a portly, tubby, chubby, rotund man is not stupid bullshit.

Professional wrestling is an entertainment medium based on physical appearance. It's not only not stupid, it's topical and relevant to his performance and career and the product we consume.

Look and physique have always mattered. Don't take my word for it. Take his and his upper body.

Rick_Rude.gif~original

I like Owens. I like fat jokes about Owens because his look is kinda bad and unconvincing and only works in indie-type settings where most are small and he can look like a real bully.

Foley is a special case, before I found out he supports racism. You don't see many guys that look like Mick that made it as far as he did, but fans were endeared to him because of his shape. He was DIFFERENT at the time. He wasn't jacked, he had a little hobble and he was a creepy homeless man that wore a mask and could get the shit kicked out of him and he kept coming. He didn't have crazy abs or nice hair. He wasn't attractive, he didn't have bulging muscles.

Not to mention the whole hell in a cell incident really garnered a lot of respect from the fans. He was a genuinely good guy a lot of people wanted to see succeed. They wanted to see how far someone that looked like him could go, in a business with guys like Austin, Taker, Rock and HHH.

It's the exact reason why we love(d) Bryan when he was all healthy, of course Bryan's is in pretty good shape, but he was short, he isn't what most people would consider good looking, said he looked like a damn goat! But that's why people loved him, because he "shouldn't be here".

Now, with the whole indie movement, every other guy has that similar appeal and it just doesn't work for all of them. When it was Punk and Bryan, it was a fresh thing, just how Foley was,

Plus, he helped in making Noelle.

That's just how I see it anyways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's about charisma AND looks. Why settle for just one when there's people with both?

Sephzilla

It's about charisma AND looks. Why settle for just one when there's people with both?

I still maintain that charisma is way more important, but looks absolutely matter too. Unless you're Mick Foley.

On that note, who would you guys say has the best combination of the two? I'd probably say Rock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I worry that when people say 'good look' they immediately think an adonis. A good look is a lot of things as long as it fits your character. I would say Yokozuna had a good look because he was massive. He was fat, but he was awe-inspiring. Owens rides the middle ground and that's what I usually mean by a bad look is when nothing about you stands out. Daniel Bryan is short but ripped, Scott Norton was only 6'3" in a land of giants, but he was built like a battle tank. Your 'burly brawler/power guy' shtick at Owens size stops working as soon as you go form working The Young Bucks to working a guy the size of Big Show or even Big E.

Cagey

Banned
I worry that when people say 'good look' they immediately think an adonis. A good look is a lot of things as long as it fits your character. I would say Yokozuna had a good look because he was massive. He was fat, but he was awe-inspiring. Owens rides the middle ground and that's what I usually mean by a bad look is when nothing about you stands out. Daniel Bryan is short but ripped, Scott Norton was only 6'3" in a land of giants, but he was built like a battle tank.

Correct. Ready to step on stage at the Arnold Classic isn't the only definition of a good look. Kevin Owens look suffers from being short. If he were similarly shaped and similarly fat but stood 6'4" he'd come across as a more imposing bully standing eye-to-eye with Randy Orton, rather than standing eye-to-chin. When he's in the ring with wrestlers closer to him in height that aren't much larger than him, he looks every bit the part of an asshole middle school bully who never grew out of that phase of his life. Which fits the character.

Top Bottom