• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Meltzer comparing Alberto Del Rio being out on the ramp for the Orlando tribute as being the kind of move that killed WCW was just ridiculous.
I remember Del Rio had his hands on his hips instead of clasping them together instead of everyone else, but what kind of reach is that? Does Del Rio have a history of being homophobic or something?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I remember Del Rio had his hands on his hips instead of clasping them together instead of everyone else, but what kind of reach is that? Does Del Rio have a history of being homophobic or something?

Meltzer was upset that it broke kayfabe because 2 hours later there was a segment where Del Rio had just arrived at the arena because Owens got the airport security to detain him for 5 hours.

Meltzer was upset that it broke kayfabe because 2 hours later there was a segment where Del Rio had just arrived at the arena because Owens got the airport security to detain him for 5 hours.
So he thinks Del Rio should have been backstage instead of paying tribute to this unfortunate incident because Kayfabe needs to be protected?

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So he thinks Del Rio should have been backstage instead of paying tribute to this unfortunate incident because Kayfabe needs to be protected?

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

Yes, actually. He said something along the lines of it being indicative of the company going under that they don't care about continuity.

Kaladin

TBH, when the Owens / Del Rio segment came up, I had totally forgot about whether Del Rio was out for the tribute or not and it never crossed my mind.

I just reported it.

I have reported them for you. I reported it as spam since I didn't see anything else that fit. Hope it helps!

I did the same also.

Thanks guys, a google result suggested reporting this as copyright infringement was the way to go, so that is what I did.

Wait and see what happens now, I retained screenshots and links to the tweet that was stolen in case they try and delete it to get out of this.

It's OK brutha, you got me ��

Thanks.

Thinking back on yesterday, I almost bought a replica NXT belt, no joke I was at the merchandise stand and I asked if they had any left, the lady told me yes they had two, she handed it to me. I unzipped the cover and took it out, I set it down on the table and grabbed my wallet, after about a minute of deliberation I handed it back and said someone else can have it. I bought some armbands and a program.

Walking back to my seat, I still wonder if I should have bought it or not, but the main thing that made say no was the price - £350.

On a slightly funnier note this just had me in tears laughing. "I want to eat warm Nutella brownies off the ass of a muscly man whilst watching the football and lounging around in my underwear" that was from twitter, I'm redacting the user in question (it wasn't me) for privacy sake.

Thanks.

Thinking back on yesterday, I almost bought a replica NXT belt, no joke I was at the merchandise stand and I asked if they had any left, the lady told me yes they had two, she handed it to me. I unzipped the cover and took it out, I set it down on the table and grabbed my wallet, after about a minute of deliberation I handed it back and said someone else can have it. I bought some armbands and a program.

Walking back to my seat, I still wonder if I should have bought it or not, but the main thing that made say no was the price - £350.
Too damn much man, get you a million dollar belt.

Also show me more affection, it's okay we're in this together.

Kaladin

Thanks.

On a slightly funnier note this just had me in tears laughing. "I want to eat warm Nutella brownies off the ass of a muscly man whilst watching the football and lounging around in my underwear" that was from twitter, I'm redacting the user in question (it wasn't me) for privacy sake.

You can get it cheaper when they have a sale on Shop WWE.

Edit, here you go: http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/nxt-c...218.html?dwvar_W08218_color=No Color#start=34

£290 plus whatever shipping is and I doubt it's £60.

You can get it cheaper when they have a sale on Shop WWE.

Yeah they had a 25% off sale at Wrestlemania, the other thing which swung the decision was the question what should I do with it when I get home.

Parade around the house myself like I'm the champ - I am geeky enough to do this, but I could only imagine what will happen when I get visitors, particularly family members who just walk right in unannounced.

Hang it on a wall - open invitation to burglary, no thanks.

Basically it would stay tucked away safe until I go to a wrestling show, of which I average about three per year, not worth it.

Kaladin

Yeah they had a 25% off sale at Wrestlemania, the other thing which swung the decision was the question what should I do with it when I get home.

Parade around the house myself like I'm the champ - I am geeky enough to do this, but I could only imagine what will happen when I get visitors, particularly family members who just walk right in unannounced.

Hang it on a wall - open invitation to burglary, no thanks.

Basically it would stay tucked away safe until I go to a wrestling show, of which I average about three per year, not worth it.

I eventually want a WWE belt, but it's not going to be the current one. No sir.

W09832.jpg

I wish I could find a classic version on Ebay with WWF on it instead of WWE.

Jamie OD

Had a great time at NXT Dublin tonight. Match quality was house show stuff but still enjoyable. American Alpha Vs Sawyer Fulton & Alexander Wolfe was good, basic tag team storytelling. Nakamura Vs Roode had everyone engaged. Roode's wrestling style isn't fancy at all but it is a perfect base for Nakamura. Asus Vs Royce wasn't much but it's still great to see Asuka wrestle live and be over with this crowd. People liked Aries more than Jose so they didn't like Jose getting the upset. They were mostly fine with him until Aries attacked him during a dance-off. Then they were with Aries all the way by that point. This was an older crowd than usual so smarkiness was available in droves but everyone was having a good time like a 1/3 size Takeover London. Bàlor and Bayley were most popular of course. Everyone sitting beside me were convincing themselves Bálor coukd win the title back because of Joe winning it at a house show. Unfortunately that match had an abrupt end when Bálor missed a Double Stomp and Joe rolled him over for the pin. Bálor got to do his finisher eventually and did the big thank you speech.

Oh and Carmella moonwalking towards my direction is a mental image that will cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down.

JavyOO7

Damn, and doubling down by having Smackdown for 2 hours live. At this point just take away Smackdown and just have RAW for 2 hours a week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My next show I believe is the Highway to Hell.

Also incredulously enough I find myself echoing what Blue said a few months ago...I want Sunday Night Heat on the Network. The first few months are actually essential to the story. It's like how in 1993 there would be one angle that was Superstars only.

Hell each of the first two Heat episodes had debuting wrestlers I believe.

How long until the TNA trainwreck comes to a rest and Vince picks the bones clean, add TNA's video to the network.

Plus selectively hired talent to be fed to Roman - looking at Galloway, EC3 and Lashley here.

Season 6 of Total Divas is going to be the best thing ever. Maryse, Lana and Renee Young are regulars now, and generally the real-life spouse of the main cast tend to appear regularly (so Nat has Tyson Kidd, Naomi has Jimmy Uso, Brie with DB and Nikki with Cena). It's filming right now I believe so that basically means I'm gonna get to see Ambrose, Rusev, Miz and potentially Del Rio the next season. Maybe they can say no to appearing, but at the same time RUSEV IN A SCRIPTED REALITY TV SHOW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would say Pro Wrestling was WCW's version of Heat in the 90s

I mean in that they put Main Event on live before the PPV instead of a free for all like WWF did at that time, which is what Heat is known for besides having some incredibly interesting local talent try outs near the end of its run.

Wikipedia article on WCW Saturday Night said:
Once the cornerstone of the WCW wrestling empire, WCW Saturday Night ended its run in 2000 as the company struggled creatively to meet the demands of producing over six hours of new broadcast material on a weekly basis.

Huh.
2719826-andersonshrug.gif

Top Bottom