• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In this Paul Jones vs Jack Brisco title match, Paul Jones is banned from using 'karate'

Jack Birsco's closed fist punches? A-Ok.

RBH

vztEem7.gif

MG310

Yeah it seemed they had to redo the surgery on the shoulder due to scare tissue or something. He teamed with tm-61 in the 3 on 3 match.

I wonder since Punk and Bryan are gone I wonder if he will take those moves again as his finishers.

edit: He used the Busaiku knee to win.

Plus Karl Anderson is using the kick Hideo had as his finisher as a replacement for his bicycle kick.

+1 for the Summer train.

Never got why people shit on her. She has done the best with the stuff she was given every time and is way under used as a wrestler considering she is a more then decent worker.

So hyped for Hideo. And he's likely gonna have his two original finishers (Go 2 Sleep, Busaiku Knee) back? Let's go. It's funny to think how much his finishers are a part of his appeal/identity. I think part of the reason his initial run was so tame was because he had to settle on lame finishers.

Cagey

Banned
Itami needs to find his lane. Pre-injury he had his shine completely stolen by Finn and his NXT gimmick was "the Japanese guy who does the same finisher as CM Punk."

I wonder what they've got in store once the post-return excitement wanes a bit.

None of this is to say he sucks or can't amount to anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KENTA was never as good as Ibushi or Nakamura even in Japan

I'm saying he's in trouble after the 'he's back' excitement ends. Unless they find a very interesting program for him. Which I haven't seen NXT produce a program that interesting since Zayn/Neville personally so
tumblr_nzjdbcozPP1t34v14o1_250.gif

Kaladin

1997 ECW doesn't hold up quite the same as 1997 WWF. Let's forget the production values for a moment here.

The action is in your face and plunder filled. Joey Styles may be the best one man commentary team, but there is a reason there are always two people on commentary. The conversation helps the flow of the match and it's more than just calling moves.

16 year old me marveled at the plunderfest and the in your face attitude. 35 year old me has to use the closed caption to understand some of the promos (seriously, there are single people in the crowd mic'd better) and otherwise thinks it's too low budget. I also miss the old theme songs.....generic Enter Sandman just don't cut it. Modern day indies are produced better than this.

Kaladin

So glad WWE is running a $17.76 t-shirt deal.

W11759.jpg

Just scored this one.

Much better than the black variety.

W11758.jpg

And no shit on the back!

Top Bottom