• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4....is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Goddamn Sculli.

Stop... I can't be the only one I know who loves Hook more than JP... I can't afford to move again.

Yeah, I dunno, this is either going to come back together real quick like, or its gonna go quiet and slip back into development hell. Shame, it had a solid writing staff attached, and allegedly was a good concept. I wish this were just a delay, but there is drama unfolding behind the scenes.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, I dunno, this is either going to come back together real quick like, or its gonna go quiet and slip back into development hell. Shame, it had a solid writing staff attached, and allegedly was a good concept. I wish this were just a delay, but there is drama unfolding behind the scenes.

I'm starting to loose hope. You're not helping.

I'm starting to loose hope. You're not helping.

I'm sorry. Today has been rough on us JP fans.. now imagine how the crew/Collin/etc feel. I wish I could find out more, but things have gone quiet.. Universal wasn't happy about not being able to break the news of the delay on their terms, people got in trouble and everyone has gone quiet.

It's actually a prequel called Looky.

Hey, whatever happened to that modern day realistic Peter Pan twist film that had Hook as a detective that was chasing down this maniac that would enter people's windows? Somebody tell me I'm not the only one that remembers this.

yoouurrr a crook Captain Hook!

Sadly, as of now, at the 'more ambitious' talk from Universal is apparently PR damage control. They really do want to work with Collin, and they do like what he created... but they wanted 'more' and began to make demands which led to this.

Tea Leoni used to be so damn hot. Only good part of 3. Remember when she was in Bad Boys?

Mmmm.

Oh god, she was awful in 3. Sam Neill saved me from going crazy with that movie.

mhNuRG2.png

I bet they are 'all' directing JP4 amirite?

Haha tell me about it. Reading between the lines, I think he's making an effort to have universal see that what fans are asking for are more in line with his ideas, less in line with the execs. But you know, gotta cash in on that Avatar, Transformers, Avengers money somehow! Blah. Im fucking saddened as hell.. I knew something like this would happen, just not so dramatically. It sounds like the story that he was making (which BTW WAS on Nublar) is being forced out entirely, but Im not too sure. I think this, because a set related crew member had this to say:

Dead

9 months of work just gone...

So...yeah. Fuck. =/

I'm starting to think that the delay is actually going to give us a worse film than what we were going to get. That's the feeling I get.

Part of it depends on who they replace Trevorrow with if they choose to go that route. I thought Safety Not Guaranteed is overstated scrubsauce so I wasn't at all excited when they hired him on to direct. To be fair, I shouldn't condemn him off of one film, but the JP franchise has been a huge deal to me since I was like 5.

You're probably right, though. Once producers start stepping in and making creative decisions (when most of them are not creatives at all), your production generally takes a major hit to its eventual quality.

Yeah. From what Im hearing this is the case of executives meddling and deciding they want a more 'epic' film. Possibly throwing everything out.

I honestly don't know whats worse what Universal wants or what the "fans" want. Why can't they just stick with the directors vision and his and the writers story. Just use the existing script but make the action scenes bigger or something

m9Ftj0l.png

That said, I do believe it was Spielberg who called it off... just, he never called it "crap" or anything else of the sort. At this point, I think Colin Trevorrow had put in a revision based off of the Jaffa/Silver script, Universal liked it, said to put in a few more but began to work on production based on the script due to the tight schedule. Colin likely would have liked more time, but was working to meet the schedule, and rushed the final draft. The studio greenlit it, but then Spielberg said no a few days later, realizing the script needed more time and was arbitrarily rushed due to the timeframe. Realizing another draft would take more time than what the schedule allotted it, the entire project was put on hold and the crew let go. Colin was shaken, because while he was happy to have more time, he was not happy to lose all his enthusiastic crew members, who will likely have to be replaced when the film eventually happens.

Is JP4 (possibly) back into active pre-production?

Fabian Lacey's Linkedin:

Senior Concept Illustrator EBB TIDE
Universal Pictures
April 2013 – May 2013 (2 months)Universal

Working on concepts for Feature Characters and Hero Props.

Ok, so he stopped in May with everyone else when production was halted. But then, he is active again (on an unnamed project) with a new role:

Senior Concept Illustrator
Universal Pictures
May 2013 – Present (1 month)Universal

Working on a series of concept pitches and keyframes for the next venture of a great Universal pictures franchise.

Now, his new role doesn't say what film its for, so for all I know its Fast and Furious 7.. but hey, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom