• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4....is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satchel

Banned
I think I've said this before, but I must be the only one who loved JP3.

It spoke to my inner child that just wanted to see fuckloads of actual Dino footage, and see a fight between two predators.

Seemed like a hard movie to hate to me.

Ok guys, heres the deal. The script was fine. The Studio started intervening, and haven been difficult since the beginning. Universal wanted something more 'Epic'. I'll have more later.

This fucking sucks.

Ok guys, heres the deal. The script was fine. The Studio started intervening, and haven been difficult since the beginning. Universal wanted something more 'Epic'. I'll have more later.

This fucking sucks.

It's almost like creative control was taken away from a director with no studio experience and thus no weight. Shocker!

It's almost like creative control was taken away from a director with no studio experience and thus no weight. Shocker!

Hey, I always agreed I was worried about this happening.

It still fucking sucks.

Collin was crushed by this tonight apparently.. its worth noting he is still on the project.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Truly surprising.

Universal's in some rough shape for next summer, between this debacle and Fast & Furious 7 not having a director.

Everyone else is shooting their summer 2014 movies and Universal's still trying to figure out if they can even start production.

Edit: Oh I see they put James Wan on F&F7. Good luck with that.

Ominym

Banned
Man if you say, "Life finds a way" in this thread? Let it be known that you're the most fucking original person on this planet.

I'd actually like to see this film made, for better or for worse. I want a new entrance in the Jurassic Park franchise.

Busty

Banned
Some people say 'I hate to say I told you so'.

But not me.

I don't feel that way.

I TOLD YOU SO.

...., providing it's true of course.

*cough*

strafer

It seems Universal wants to pull out all the stops and go above and beyond what they had initially set their goals to be. This has lead to a number of disagreements between those working on the project and the Studio, which has resulted in an overhaul within the film's production crew. No specifics however.

Fucking Universal and their stupid minds.

Ruining franchises left and right.

They probably wanted to add guns or talking dinosaurs.

Not caring about fans.

and Sculli? Are you fucking happy now? You got what you wanted.

This is not what I wanted when I woke up today.

DAMN IT

Busty

Banned
Fucking Universal and their stupid minds.

Ruining franchises left and right.

They probably wanted to add guns or talking dinosaurs.

Not caring about fans.

and Sculli? Are you fucking happy now? You got what you wanted.

This is not what I wanted when I woke up today.

DAMN IT

You did not want the cheap and rushed Jurassic Park that Universal would have shat out onto the screen.

Producing and releasing a Jurassic Park film in, what, just over a year? No way that would have turned out good. None.

Hopefully Universal will go back to the drawing board and start again and actually do it right rather than shitting out something fast to fill a hole on their summer release schedule.

I mean they won't, because they don't have a fucking clue what they're doing, but one can hope.

TUROK

Bring back the dinosaurs with guns. Make it R-rated. Make it really gory and violent.

Also, give them jet planes to fly.

F**k this stop playing with my heart, so frickin angry.

How f**king hard is it to make a cool movie about Dinosaurs, they're so cool it should just make itself you idiots.

F**k sake.

:(

Busty

Banned
F**k this stop playing with my heart, so frickin angry.

How f**king hard is it to make a cool movie about Dinosaurs, they're so cool it should just make itself you idiots.

F**k sake.

:(

The real question you should be asking is 'Is a really shitty Jurassic Park film (which this would have been) better than no Jurassic Park film?'

Hmmmm.

*raptor thinking meme*

jurassicpark4-abandoned-dinosaurart1-med.jpg

I laugh every time I see this. It's so awesome.

Gives me Alien: Resurrection chills.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
RIP Jurassic Park 4 2013-2013, we hardly knew ye.

I checked the Wiki page for curiosity, and no one added this new information yet. You'd think people would be quicker with something like this.

Busty

Banned
Busty
Destroyer of Hopes and Dreams
(Today, 01:08 PM)

*takes draw of cigarette*

I didn't ask for this job.

But who else can protect the world from awful Jurassic Park films and the likes of Battleship?

*gets on scooter and drives off into sunset*

mxgt

Banned
cmon guys, let's get real

it was going to be complete garbage anyway. we're better off not having another jp3

cmon guys, let's get real

it was going to be complete garbage anyway. we're better off not having another jp3

DING DING DING DING DING

All of you complaining that Universal put this turd on hold are basically complaining that you didn't get a rushed, underdeveloped and thus massively disappointing Jurassic Park entry. Then after you watched it you would complain about how rushed the whole thing felt.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is this because of Bombadil's banning?

This fucking sucks.

Where is Spielberg in all this? Too busy sailing around instead of protecting the JP brand no doubt!

I hope to God "epic" doesnt = Mainland invasion, military mutant raptors, and/or military vs. dinosaurs but knowing those cort snorting MBA's they got running the studios now it probably does

Ridley327

Truly surprising.

Universal's in some rough shape for next summer, between this debacle and Fast & Furious 7 not having a director.

Everyone else is shooting their summer 2014 movies and Universal's still trying to figure out if they can even start production.

Edit: Oh I see they put James Wan on F&F7. Good luck with that.

James Wan? Surely, Universal isn't dumb enough to think that he's going to be bringing his low budget magic to a series that's gotten crazier and crazier with the stunts and the star power.

They wanted a fucking giant spider in it, didn't they? Fucking studios meddling.

But like you guys have said, it's good it got canned if it was going to be shit anyways.

Cheebo

Banned
Where is Spielberg in all this? Too busy sailing around instead of protecting the JP brand no doubt!

I hope to God "epic" doesnt = Mainland invasion, military mutant raptors, and/or military vs. dinosaurs but knowing those cort snorting MBA's they got running the studios now it probably does
Why would he protect it? Outside of the first film he never really cared about the franchise much it seemed. JP4 likely only existed due to Univerals desperation.

JP3 was far more Frank Marshall's production than Spielbergs.

G-Fex

Just make the movie about a new terrorist threat calling themselves Neo-InGen and how they're shooting giant missiles into large cities that has dinosaurs inside of them and ah fuck who cares.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Man if you say, "Life finds a way" in this thread? Let it be known that you're the most fucking original person on this planet.

I'd actually like to see this film made, for better or for worse. I want a new entrance in the Jurassic Park franchise.
To be fair I said "life found a way".

"Malcom Sculli was right "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom