• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4....is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Michael Bay needs to swoop in on his white horse with a sack of money and turn the dinos into aliens and give them mechanical jetpacks that shoot lasers or something.
Then we'll have the JP sequel we truly deserve.

Also it should star those kids from the Twilight franchise.

Jacob

Has there ever been a movie series that returned after a break of more than 10 years and was any good? I guess Toy Story, maybe? I didn't see TS3 but it seems to be well-liked. I can't imagine that JP4 would have turned out to be anything but a disaster, though.

Shame. Makes that whole no feathers vs feathers argument pointless, now we will get nothing.

Michael Bay needs to swoop in on his white horse with a sack of money and turn the dinos into aliens and give them mechanical jetpacks that shoot lasers or something.
Then we'll have the JP sequel we truly deserve.

No one deserves that.

Has there ever been a movie series that returned after a break of more than 10 years and was any good? I guess Toy Story, maybe? I didn't see TS3 but it seems to be well-liked. I can't imagine that JP4 would have turned out to be anything but a disaster, though.

Star Wars

amnesiac

Indiana Jones? I thought it was decent at least.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
An issue with the script could easily mean that one of the main returning characters had a major role, and has decided not to return, hence requiring massive rewrites and delay?

Star Wars

zTucrkL.gif

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'm still partial to half-human half-dinomasaucer, that would be cool.

On one hand, GOOD!
If you're not gonna give me my feather Dinos then I'm find with not seeing this abomination.

On the other hand ... that's a lot of visual effects and animation jobs that wont be on the market now :/

Horner via email:

No sets were built, no start date was made. They simply could not get a workable script.

Problems with the script, unfortunately....
I don't know what the official word is. I suspect they've decided not to compete with their 3-D versions of the first three.

=/

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
jurassicpark4-abandoned-dinosaurart1-med.jpg

I laugh every time I see this. It's so awesome.

It's so crazy, imagine if they break free of enslavement and start killing humans, or mating with the dinosaurs, and we get another planet of the apes.
That would be such a cool movie.

Sad everyone lost their jobs.

jurassicpark4-abandoned-dinosaurart1-med.jpg

I laugh every time I see this. It's so awesome.

This design is so endearingly stupid. It's either a deinonychosaur with a uselessly tiny mouth and tail, or a human with a smaller brain and no opposable thumbs. Just to see the series go headlong into downright insulting insanity might have been worth it.

I wonder if they just wrote a truely awful script or if they just wrote something way to expensive to produce and every revision to make it cheaper got worse and worse.

I wonder if they just wrote a truely awful script or if they just wrote something way to expensive to produce and every revision to make it cheaper got worse and worse.

I heard good things about the script before, so Im kinda taken aback.

I wonder if it was unconventional in the sense of too character driven for a big budget summer 'monster' movie. JP would probably be too 'simple' my modern action scifi standards. I wouldn't be surprised if Universal got nervous last minute and pulled the plug due to the new director, large budget and non generic script. =(

*removed*
I didn't even get why they were hiring concept artists now. How can you start pre-production work when your supposed to be filming already

Art often continues into production. Most were hired in Feb. Set building (not on location) began in March-April. Filming was set to start in July.

kingkitty

I'm confused by the op. What's all this *removed* business.

It's a shame JP4 was put on hold, I could always use more dinosaurs in my life.

I was asked to do so kindly, and I obliged. JP4 IS on hold. But, I don't want anyone getting in trouble and will try to respect their wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom