• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |Production Thread| Filming has wrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CLEARLY TAG SPOILERS.

Spoiler thread here.

JURASSIC WORLD releases June 12th, 2015

Filming has wrapped! The first trailer is expected to hit with INTERSTELLAR.

First official poster:

mIqBj2l.jpg

Set and official pictures:

After the slapstick, Looney Tunes sequels I'm ready for something closer to the first one which I feel they're aiming to do. Time will tell obviously but I think the days of kicking raptors out of windows because gymnastics and cell phones ringing inside of dino bellies are behind us.

This is a theme park right? So they might have people dressed up as dinosaurs.

I'm just putting that out there in case some people have see cartoon dinosaur costumes and get worried about the sfx.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting excited for this. I think it's gonna be a dud.

On what grounds? We've seen... very little and heard very little about this. I would understand maybe after seeing a teaser or trailer or something, but damn. Starting with your TREVORROWOROROWWW posts and now your continued negativity I really don't think you'll like it either way Sculli. I hope you do! But you won't.

I'm thinking it will at least easily be the best sequel. That's not necessarily grounds for excitement considering the sequels we already got, but I think based on what little we do know that it's going to be more fresh and not just some "oh, Grant or Malcolm get stuck on the island AGAIN for some contrived reason" sequel.

Danielsan

Man, those jeeps.

<3

I really hope this turns out good. I saw Jurasic Park in 3D on the big screen last year. Still as fantastic as ever.

That Jeep says "Jurassic Park" on it. I'm assuming that's what they're calling the park.

Clearly an old Jeep though from the chronology of the first film; it may be a flashback or they may even find it on the island since it's the same island. But I'm pretty sure we know that the park is called Jurassic World.

On what grounds? We've seen... very little and heard very little about this. I would understand maybe after seeing a teaser or trailer or something, but damn. Starting with your TREVORROWOROROWWW posts and now your continued negativity I really don't think you'll like it either way Sculli. I hope you do! But you won't.

I'm thinking it will at least easily be the best sequel. That's not necessarily grounds for excitement considering the sequels we already got, but I think based on what little we do know that it's going to be more fresh and not just some "oh, Grant or Malcolm get stuck on the island AGAIN for some contrived reason" sequel.

Yeah it's pretty much based entirely on the fact that they've given a director whose first (and honestly rather middling) indie feature that cost less than $1 mil a $200m budget. It just screams crazy to me.

Clearly an old Jeep though from the chronology of the first film; it may be a flashback or they may even find it on the island since it's the same island. But I'm pretty sure we know that the park is called Jurassic World.
Ah, I didn't think about the flashbacks. I also haven't kept up with this movie, so forgive my ignorance.

Yeah it's pretty much based entirely on the fact that they've given a director whose first (and honestly rather middling) indie feature that cost less than $1 mil a $200m budget. It just screams crazy to me.

It was competent. I wasn't really into the story but the directing, acting, editing, shots and all that seemed totally fine. Also it's not like he's personally headlining where every single penny of the budget goes. They have financial advisers and people that generally handle that sort of thing (like producers).

Ah, I didn't think about the flashbacks. I also haven't kept up with this movie, so forgive my ignorance.

No worries I mean, who knows? We don't know much as I've been saying but I'm pretty sure that Jeep isn't part of the new park. Plus it looks very dilapidated. It may not even be a flashback, they could stumble upon it during the journey.

Also it's not like he's personally headlining where every single penny of the budget goes. They have financial advisers and people that generally handle that sort of thing (like producers).

Nothing to do with that. It's that a production that big is an entirely different experience for a director. There are so many moving parts that it's hard for a green director to keep their vision. And that's only if they do in fact have a vision, which is harder to get on screen when you've got no leverage because you've never directed anything close to a big budget production in your life.

Ridley327

Nothing to do with that. It's that a production that big is an entirely different experience for a director. There are so many moving parts that it's hard for a green director to keep their vision. And that's only if they do in fact have a vision, which is harder to get on screen when you've got no leverage because you've never directed anything close to a big budget production in your life.
Universal has a mad hard-on for this, given the same thing happened with 47 Ronin. They must enjoy throwing bad money after good, or something.

Retro

Interesting seeing the old JP Jeep, but it's pretty damn dinged up and rusty. Here's hoping this 'reboot' is actually tied to the original films and we get a few scenes where they poke around the first park.

Gareth Edwards seems to know his stuff for Godzilla coming off the micro-budget Monsters but he started in visual effects, at least. Never seen this Trevorrow's stuff, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom