• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |Production Thread| Filming has wrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, nobody with 'The Lost Park: Jurassic World'? =P

Anyways, there is more to Jurassic Worlds story than a Dinosaur breaking free. It's all very Crichton, with a lot of corporate complexity happening- MasraniGlobal.com has some big hints. I imagine this stuff is what sets up the sequel.

Probably not a good idea...

I mean, where else could we go from here? Park is up, fraken-dino is made, park falls.... ??? Feels like it would repeat itself by going back to some sort of Lost World formula.

Ellie gave us the sequel outline in the original movie - "Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth." The dinos get out and take over the world, men drive themselves to extinction trying to battle them, a new matriarchal society emerges post-apocalypse. Mad Max(Maxine?) with dinosaurs.

bengraven

Anyways, there is more to Jurassic Worlds story than a Dinosaur breaking free. It's all very Crichton, with a lot of corporate complexity happening- MasraniGlobal.com has some big hints. I imagine this stuff is what sets up the sequel.

So jealous of you...

I can see it being called Jurassic... something, like Jurassic World is a deviation of Jurassic Park. They'll just use another word instead of "World."

Jurassic World II: Rise of the Raptors
Jurassic World III: Judgement Day

The raptors send Blue back in time to kill Alan Grant before he can find the real cause of the dinosaurs' extinction the first time and save humanity.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

Think it's pretty clear from the viral sites masrani has some sights on weaponization/security, patenting custom genomics for medical etc. this would all be very Crichton, wonder how much is in the actual movie plot vs the world building on the web and other media.

I've always wanted to see a Dino movie with Mercenaries against dinosaurs.

Some scenes in Jurassic World should satisfy that itch.

cMuKxDi.jpg

vw2m2Un.jpg

I'm going to bump this thread to keep away from spoilers in the spoiler thread but while still having a place to discuss things and share non-spoilery information. When posting something just use your head and don't assume that it's not a spoiler to other people. If posting a spoiler, I would say go to the spoiler thread with it but if you can't do that (for some reason), tag it.

edit: okay well it was posted in just two days ago but you get the point :p

I was checking out the June 12th showtimes for this movie and I noticed that every theatre within my area is only offering 3D screenings. Surely, there will be a way to see this sans 3D, right? I think the IMAX screenings are bound up with 3D, which is really annoying. If you want to see it on an IMAX screen, you have to endure the 3D, which means I have to avoid that route entirely.

I would very much like to see this on opening day, but I don't want to see it in 3D (due to, among other things, the way 3D screenings are accompanied by a muted colour palette).

Jawmuncher

I was checking out the June 12th showtimes for this movie and I noticed that every theatre within my area is only offering 3D screenings. Surely, there will be a way to see this sans 3D, right? I think the IMAX screenings are bound up with 3D, which is really annoying. If you want to see it on an IMAX screen, you have to endure the 3D, which means I have to avoid that route entirely.

I would very much like to see this on opening day, but I don't want to see it in 3D (due to, among other things, the way 3D screenings are accompanied by a muted colour palette).

I know some areas try to push 3D on opening or the thursday showing since they know they can get away with it. Since fans who will want to see something ASAP will put up with it. But yes there will be 2D showings. My theater for example will be showing it in both formats.

Lima

Just learned today that the movie is going to be in 2:1 aspect ratio. Pretty interesting. A format that hasn't been used for a long time in cinemas.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Went to see Mad Max and they showed the Jurassic Park trailer, that scene with Chris Pratt riding a bike with them raptors? That was awesome.

Jawmuncher said:
I know some areas try to push 3D on opening or the thursday showing since they know they can get away with it.

I see. I don't typically see movies on opening day, so I didn't know about this. Hopefully I'll be able to track down a theatre that isn't exclusively offering 3D screenings.

Just learned today that the movie is going to be in 2:1 aspect ratio. Pretty interesting. A format that hasn't been used for a long time in cinemas.

Here's Trevorrow commenting on that decision:

We’re shooting 35mm and 65mm film. We’re also using an aspect ratio that hasn’t been seen theatrically in a very long time. The movie will be presented in 2 to 1. It’s basically a middle ground between 2.35 and 1.85. It allows us enough height to fit humans and dinosaurs into a single frame, without giving up that sense of scope. It’s very close to the ratio of the digital IMAX screens, so it will look great in large format. I think other filmmakers will want to give it a try when they see how it looks. It’s very comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom