• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |Production Thread| Filming has wrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Good lord, the amount of detail goes into these viral sites. Makes me want to actually visit the damn place (or at least, another trip to Universal).

BTW, regarding the T-Rex
I love that it's likely the same one from JP1, but what about the lycene contigency though? I think remember some schtick about them adapting in TLW but I think that applied more for the dinos in Isla Sorna, not Nublar.

Jurassic Park (book, I think) spoilers.

I believe they just started eating lysine rich food sources, so in the case of T-Rex, she is eating lycene rich dinosaurs I guess :p

strafer

rexbodyghd7c.jpg

Indeed.

Just noticed on of the "live cams" shows a stall called Jurassic Traders...iirc that's what it's called at Universal IOA. Pretty neat. I really hope they overhaul that park for JW.

Just noticed on of the "live cams" shows a stall called Jurassic Traders...iirc that's what it's called at Universal IOA. Pretty neat. I really hope they overhaul that park for JW.

I love Jurassic Parking at Universal Hollywood. It's the only parking lot that has a unique name, but it is awesome.

Also, fun fact: the entire trailer scene in JP2 was filmed hanging over the top of one of the parking garages.

Whoah! Was it me or did those raptors look more colorful than in that initial test footage?

I love Jurassic Parking at Universal Hollywood. It's the only parking lot that has a unique name, but it is awesome.

Also, fun fact: the entire trailer scene in JP2 was filmed hanging over the top of one of the parking garages.

Haha didn't know that...only ever took the bus to Universal.

NYR94

It's T. Rex's world-The rest of us are just visiting it. Venture into the Jurassic-sized viewing area to see the legendary predator in her natural domain. After all, she's been living on Isla Nublar for over twenty-five years! Feedings are scheduled every two hours. Warning: This attraction may be too intense for children and some adults

Original T-Rex yay.

Snaku

Banned
I don't see this movie ending any other way than with our t-Rex standing triumphant over the body of the I-Rex.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see this movie ending any other way than with our t-Rex standing triumphant over the body of the I-Rex.

I honestly feel like it will fall into the Mosasaur tank. Probably wasn't built to swim.

Let's place our bet right here!

Ominym

Banned
I honestly feel like it will fall into the Mosasaur tank. Probably wasn't built to swim.

Let's place our bet right here!

What if it's midway in the movie when that happens and we then find out that it also has gills and it kills the Mosasaur? And in the final act, it sprouts wings and flies to San Diego.

That's probably what will happen, probably.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Like in Jurassic Park, when the T-Rex killed the Raptor :D Would be great and so iconic :D

Also, the battle must take place in the visitor center and the Rex has to destroy the Spinosaurus skeleton.

NR1

Like in Jurassic Park, when the T-Rex killed the Raptor :D Would be great and so iconic :D

Also, the battle must take place in the visitor center and the Rex has to destroy the Spinosaurus skeleton.

The Rex destorying the Spino is some shape or form is a absolute requirement. I was shocked that JP3 didn't end with another Rex taking him down.

So many wasted oppertunities with that film... all those Marines on the beach... not one eaten... not one shot fired... such a shame... :(

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Oh geez, a sequel already? Honestly, he's cool and all but I'm getting a little burned out on Chris Pratt.

Gravidee

Some of the viral material strongly hinted at the possibility of prehistoric creatures from other eras, so that's one path they could take to freshen things a bit.

Probably not a good idea...

I mean, where else could we go from here? Park is up, fraken-dino is made, park falls.... ??? Feels like it would repeat itself by going back to some sort of Lost World formula.

To be fair, they wrote Jurassic World with the mindset of it kickstarting a new trilogy. I imagine the story will be self contained, but still setup for sequels in a way thats more than 'oops, we came back.'

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, they wrote Jurassic World with the mindset of it kickstarting a new trilogy. I imagine the story will be self contained, but still setup for sequels in a way thats more than 'oops, we came back.'

I'll try and be optimistic on it. I will admit I am tired with the "everything needs to be a trilogy" mindset. It is JP though, so I'll obligated to watch anyways :p

And yeah the idea of pleistocene animals would be neat.

Mistel

Banned
I wonder how they'll do that, unless they leave the first open ended to spawn the sequels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom