• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |Production Thread| Filming has wrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another silhouette

ARgU02W.jpg
Have you guys not seen it? It leaked a few weeks ago.
Not a fan personally, kinda boring, playing it a bit too safe but
I'll reserve proper judgement till i see how its done in the movie though. But man if your gonna make a hybrid dinosaur you can do better than just adding longer arms, sharper teeth and spikes to a T rex and painting it white.

EDIT: Didn't think it was a spoiler, you guys better close your eyes when the tv spots start hitting.

OldRoutes

Not a fan personally, kinda boring, playing it a bit too safe.

I'll reserve proper judgement till i see how its done in the movie though. But man if your gonna make a hybrid dinosaur you can do better than just adding longer arms, sharper teeth and spikes to a T rex and painting it white.

By the reactions I've seen online in the comments sections, it seems like it's already too much for some people.

/spoiler
Not a fan personally, kinda boring, playing it a bit too safe.0

EDIT: Didn't think it was a spoiler, you guys better close your eyes when the tv spots start hitting.

Dude, you gotta remove the image tags

It may change due to the leaks, but it was never going to be fully revealed in the trailers.

Link to the spoiler thread.

Snaku

Banned
They're probably going to reveal the iRex during the Super Bowl anyway, this isn't gonna be a secret for much longer.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, now I'm curious about how it escapes. I thought it climbed out as well. I haven't read the leaks, though.

Spoiler speculation:
does it camouflage itself and escape when they come in to investigate? That implies the camo ability isn't something they knew about, which is interesting.

It's pretty clear it hiding via camouflage they think it's out, go inside to inspect and leave the gate open. But you have to know about the camo from leaks to really see that.

Calcium

Banned
In all seriousness, it would be so cool if it were a viral commercial for the park teasing Indominus. They'd be crazy not to make stuff like that.

I actually wouldn't mind that at all. I like all the advertising Jurassic World as if it were a real place stuff. It's a great way to get the word out there without spoiling the actual film.

Amalthea

Banned
It's nice to want thing, that's why some entertainment is escapist fantasy, to compensate reality wich is what it is, even if you don't want to.

it does look weird though. Like: "it would never be able to fly like that"-weird.

And of course, most likely didn't, going by current theories and understanding. Which the movie chooses to ignore, I know.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. That is an ugly ass dimorphodon :/

Edit:
They are so stuck in the 90s Jurassic park designs we can't have anything dope like this
Dimorphodon.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Eh the fact that it's pupils are facing forward creeps me out. A lot of animals with non binocular vision can't even move their eye. I think it helps make it look wonky.

Amalthea

Banned
God, I hope Dimorphodon is in the film if only for the tears of people saying "why is it a flying hybrid? This film sucks!".

More like to overwhelm people who think that every pterosaurus is called pterodactyl since there are Pteranodon too.

Same reason why there are two sauropod species, "Wich one is brontosaurus, are they all brontosaurus? Durrrr".

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Good lord, the amount of detail goes into these viral sites. Makes me want to actually visit the damn place (or at least, another trip to Universal).

BTW, regarding the T-Rex
I love that it's likely the same one from JP1, but what about the lycene contigency though? I think remember some schtick about them adapting in TLW but I think that applied more for the dinos in Isla Sorna, not Nublar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom