• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

I'm liking more of this positive buzz I'm hearing...but it can't be as bad as JP3, I would get fucking pissed if they was the case. I mean, horrible death scenes, horrible CGI dinosaurs, bland and some annoying characters, inconsistencies with some dinosaurs, killing off most people in the 1st 30 minutes, glaring plot holes that affect the story, some horrible acting and dialog, talking dinosaurs in a dream, turning big carnivore dinosaur into a slasher villain, ending that makes the whole movie pointless and a cash in, and a fuckton more problems is not what I want in my Jurassic Park. TLW may be bad, but at least it wasn't pointless like JP3.

Anyways, I'm hoping this movie does well with critics(60-80% RT, I will eat crow if it's over 80%), I would hate to see another bad JP movie after all.

Calcium

Banned
Only 10? Casual!

I've listened to As the Jurassic World Turns full track maybe 30-40 times so far.... I think I have a problem.

Soundtrack isn't up on UK store, I need to pre-order it... :(

I probably have a similar number for As the Jurassic World Turns. I was referring only to the tracks released today. I may have the same problem.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wow, those 2 tracks previewed on EW are amazing

The way the original theme weaves into the new one in The Park is Closed is sublime

Cant access those iTunes previews though

You can play them on the web page, click the track number.

Going off the previews the tracks that I think I will binge on till I get sick of hearing them will probably be:

Welcome to Jurassic World
As the Jurassic World Turns
Gyrosphere of Influence
Chasing Dragons
Raptor Your Heart Out
Costa Rican Standoff
It's a Small Jurassic World

Dead

well not really...yet
You can play them on the web page, click the track number.

Going off the previews the tracks that I think I will binge on till I get sick of hearing them will probably be:

As the Jurassic World Turns
Gyrosphere of Influence
Chasing Dragons
Raptor Your Heart Out
Costa Rican Standoff
Track numbers are unclickable unfortunately

For some dinosaurs like Spinosaurus, but I didn't like it for the Brachiosaurus and Ceratosaurus. I did however find the raptors to look awesome in the movie.

Okay I can agree on those two not being the best, but the rest were pretty fantastic.

Downloading iTunes just for the other previews. I hate iTunes.

Going by non-spoiler thread threads I think I'm just going to ignore GAF at large about this movie. There's not caring for the movie which is fine, and then there's 99% of the other posts. There's criticism and then there's blatant ignorance. Criticism is great, at least when it's sensible.

Going by non-spoiler thread threads I think I'm just going to ignore GAF at large about this movie. There's not caring for the movie which is fine, and then there's 99% of the other posts.

I am completely open and ready for this movie to be a big piece of shit, but holy hell, some of GAF act like they want it to fail. They refuse to see anything positive.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just because using ads and sponsored building names are realistic doesn't mean I enjoy those things in real life...

You know honestly, I don't mind it unless it's obnoxious or they're not trying to hide advertising something. It does ground it/ make it a little more realistic for me depending on the scenario.

For instance, something like in The Lost Word where the T-Rex is slamming the bus with a Whopper ad on it makes sense and works. Having it crash into a Blockbuster was cool was well. The 76 gas station ball falling was fine as well.

But not like "THIS IS MY FLAGSHIP PHONE" or "Why is everyone in this movie ONLY using a SAMSUNG?"

Going by non-spoiler thread threads I think I'm just going to ignore GAF at large about this movie. There's not caring for the movie which is fine, and then there's 99% of the other posts.
Agreed. Those guys made up their minds a long time ago.

As for me, I've seen the trailers which already show this is what I want from a JP film. I'm not going in with blind loyalty.

Dead

well not really...yet
I am completely open and ready for this movie to be a big piece of shit, but holy hell, some of GAF act like they want it to fail. They refuse to see anything positive.
what are you talking about govnah all those cg shots and gifs you posted look like shit dont ya know

Agreed. Those guys made up their minds a long time ago.

I mean, I'm still not decided on it. Yeah I think it looks awesome and the soundtrack is blowing my skull apart, but you know... I haven't seen it. The difference is that I choose to be excited for it than to assume it's going to be awful therefore it's easy for the cynics to assume I'll like it no matter what. I'm not braindead. I love Jurassic Park and if I feel it's another bad sequel I'll call it out without hesitation.

Every time I make a similar remark, it gets shot down with responses of come on, no one wants it to be bad or no one wants it to fail, but... no that's exactly what I get from it.

So maybe brandon was right after all! :p

You guys know I'm not the most positive guy when it comes to this one (and sometimes I'm a bit cynical), but the cgi looks fine. Maybe it's not the greatest, but it's nowhere near bad.

You guys know I'm not the most positive guy when it comes to this one (and sometimes I'm a bit cynical), but the cgi looks fine. Maybe it's not the greatest, but it's nowhere near bad.

I think it's about the best one can reasonably expect from the artists. Shit is so hard to do, especially to get to the level where it is now.

Jawmuncher

I mean, I'm still not decided on it. Yeah I think it looks awesome and the soundtrack is blowing my skull apart, but you know... I haven't seen it. The difference is that I choose to be excited for it than to assume it's going to be awful therefore it's easy for the cynics to assume I'll like it no matter what. I'm not braindead. I love Jurassic Park and if I feel it's another bad sequel I'll call it out without hesitation.

Every time I make a similar remark, it gets shot down with responses of come on, no one wants it to be bad or no one wants it to fail, but... no that's exactly what I get from it.

Yep I'm in the some boat. I'm excited but if I don't like it I'll be calling it out as well.

Jawmuncher

So I can't seem to find the samples within iTunes because, as I mentioned above, iTunes is an indomitable piece of shit.

Only on the New Zealand store. Open the link in Firefox, click open in iTunes, then it will ask if you want to change store. Do so and it'll pop up.

"Love in the Time of Pterosauria" wowww

Also just noticed some bonus tracks on iTunes:

The Hammond Lab Overture
The Brockway Monorail
Sunrise O'er Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom