• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |SPOILER THREAD| Lifting Up the Dinosaur's Skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned

Life, in this case, are spoilers. Spoilers blow, and quite frankly, we can't have those ruining our enjoyment of virgin movie-goers seeing Jurassic World. So don't be a tool, post your spoilers here on how the Spinosaurus comes back to finish off the Indominus Rex after it kills the Tyrannosaurus Rex. And please keep the details of the hybrid Stegaceratops Laura Dern rides into battle during the climax quarantined here. Although it is our hubris to believe we can contain these spoilers, we can prevent a catastrophe at an apocalyptic scale if everyone read this. So, let's go over the rules.

1. Post spoilers here, not the OT.
2. When posting spoilers, don't use spoiler tags unless you want people to loathe you. Remember, it's 2015. We can't afford to click anymore than we already do.
3. Have fun. :D The movie might blow or it might be decent, but either way, it shouldn't be the film that splits the GAF community (LOL) apart.

Remember, we're in this together. And don't you fucking forget it you spoiling son of a bitch.

With that, I leave you with this:
38d.jpg
OT Link

All I need to know is if the OG T-Rex is well represented in the movie. I really hope it doesn't end up being a JP3 situation again and it gets killed trying to prove how big a threat the new dinosaur is.

Timu

The real question for me–do I have the willpower to not read any spoilers tomorrow?

Probably not
I've been reading spoilers, hell someone even posted part of the finale in a small clip on instagram, and I'm more than excited to see this!!!

DonMigs85

Okay, pure unadulterated spoilers comin' up:
1. Claire states that T-Rex does make up Indominus' base genome.
2. Kids stumble onto the old park and repair a jeep there.
3. Indominus isn't being mind-controlled or anything, it acts of its own free will
4. Indominus communicates with the raptors in their own tongue and they turn on the humans, for a little while
5. Charlie (I think) hesitates to attack Owen, then gets blasted with an RPG by one of the InGen mercs.
6. Later the 3 remaining raptors follow Owen again and turn on the Indominus, and all of them (except Blue I think) get killed by Indominus. One gets roasted on a grill and the other gets chomped and tossed aside.
7. Later, they need "something with more teeth" so Claire instructs the IT guy to release Rexy. She's the only Rex in the park and the same one we know and love.
8. Rexy and Indominus battle, and just when Indominus was about to deliver the coup de grâce, Blue pounces on her and she and Rexy tag-team Indominus
9. Indominus gets closer to the pool, then the Mosasaurus grabs her and drags her under just like Del Lago in RE4.
10. Rexy and Blue look at each other with mutual respect and go their separate ways. You can also tell Rexy's an older girl now, her movements are slower and more lumbering even before the fight.
11. Rexy survives and looks over the abandoned park in the end. Henry Wu also escaped on a chopper but Hoskins gets killed by one of the raptors. There is indeed a militarized dinosaur subplot with Wu doing work in secret, frozen embryos are ordered off the island and people in InGen are involved but they don't delve into it much. The immersed vertebra in the lab appear to be human though.

All in all it was a decent movie, a bit long perhaps but I think the finale alone is worth the price of admission.

3. Indominus isn't being mind-controlled or anything, it acts of its own free will
4. Indominus communicates with the raptors in their own tongue and they turn on the humans, for a little while
5. Charlie (I think) hesitates to attack Owen, then gets blasted with an RPG by one of the InGen mercs.
6. Later the 3 remaining raptors follow Owen again and turn on the Indominus, and all of them (except Blue I think) get killed by Indominus. One gets roasted on a grill and the other gets chomped and tossed aside.
7. Later, they need "something with more teeth" so Claire instructs the IT guy to release Rexy. She's the only Rex in the park and the same one we know and love.
8. Rexy and Indominus battle, and just when Indominus was about to deliver the coup de grâce, Blue pounces on her and she and Rexy tag-team Indominus
9. Indominus gets closer to the pool, then the Mosasaurus grabs her and drags her under just like Del Lago in RE4.
10. Rexy and Blue look at each other with mutual respect and go their separate ways. You can also tell Rexy's an older girl now, her movements are slower and more lumbering even before the fight.
11. Rexy survives and looks over the abandoned park in the end. Henry Wu also escaped on a chopper but Hoskins gets killed by one of the raptors. There is indeed a militarized dinosaur subplot with Wu doing work in secret, frozen embryos are ordered off the island and people in InGen are involved but they don't delve into it much. The immersed vertebra in the lab appear to be human though.

All in all it was a decent movie, a bit long perhaps but I think the finale alone is worth the price of admission.
Holy shit that sounds terrible. Like a bad Asylum movie or Godzilla vs *****

Dragoshi1

Roasted on a grill?

Where on Mainstreet is there a grill big enough to burn a Velociraptor to death?

Roasted on a grill?

Where on Mainstreet is there a grill big enough to burn a Velociraptor to death?
:lol It's true. A hamburger/hot dog vendor on the side of the street could have a very large grill to support the number of customers. If that's your biggest problem with the movie, you'll have a great time lol.

Yeah, I didn't like this movie. If you read the OT, you know that already.
Pretty good spoilers summary. The finale was really good. The bubble scene where the kids escape is pretty good. The rest of it was so meh.

I got really tired of "army guys going in to fight dinosaur(s), dino(s) get upper hand, eats all people". That shit is so boring. The people escaping with their lives stuff was much more thrilling.

I was hoping that group of inGen people that came in would at least do SOMETHING. They had that badass that shot the pterodactyl in the ocean as they flew in. I'm like, "Is this going to turn into Aliens?" And it kind of did. Except not good.

vareon

Just got back from the movie.

I had fun, especially in the beginning. If JP's magical moment was seeing the dinosaurs alive, JW's magical moment was seeing the park up and running.

The plot was fairly standard "human made something and they fuck up", but it's kinda hilarious given the context of the movie. The big question asked by the characters in the movie was "You're making your own bigger, scarier dinosaurs now? What next?" Which is, in real life, what Jurassic World was.

Indominus Rex was legit terrifying--it's T-Rex with actual hands. Most of the characters work, with Pratt being the likeable badass and BDH as the woman who's too caught in passion and slowly realizes what's important. While the trailers made it seem like Owen (Pratt) is the badass Raptor-tamer, he was pretty much against it because he actually had common sense.

The worst part of the movie was InGen, which tried really hard to be antagonistic. No matter how you slice it, trying to turn Velociraptors into a weapon was dumb, period. And this was what D'Onofrio (didn't realized it was him!)'s character ever said. The movie also unsubtly tried to set up future films by having the lead scientist getting away with all his experiments intact.

Worth it? Yes! It's not overly long, it has cool moments, and overall not very great but very entertaining. Unless you like being nitpicky about stuff I'd say go ahead if you're on a fence.

Sounds awesome to me :) Cant wait to see it this Saturday :D

When you say old park, are we talking Visitor Center etc or maybe a fence and the Jeep?

sirap

I didn't expect a final battle TBH XD. But when Claire said "open cage 9" you know what's coming, even if they didn't show him (her?) earlier.

Someone in the theatre shouted King Kong before the gates opened. Pretty stupid, but a part of me kinda wanted to see what would happen if Kong went out and fought the Indominus

Blablurn

They will go full raptor x human weapons in the sequel, wont they?

oh boi, not sure if i want that

jurassic world was perfect. kinda like a nightmare

what happens if the best place on earth becomes the worst one.

imagine you are one of the visiturs when the flying dinosaurs attacked

damn, must be horrifying

and holy shit @ death count. There was somec crue shit. starting with the first guy (the chubby one) who got eaten in a second. holy crap.

or the mesosaurus eating not only the flying dinosaur but also the woman. holy crap

hahahahahahaha @ t-rex destroying the spinosaurus skeletton. perfection.gif

Fuck whoever posted that the T-Rex vs Indominus Rex showdown would end with the Mosasaur taking it down into the depths. It ruined the final moment of the finale. Apparently they "guessed" and it's kinda obvious but even so.

Tbh I expected the only surviving raptor to jump on a car at the end in the abandoned part of the island on a car like that one poster showed.

Booser

Really liked it overall. I just feel like they overdid the dinosaur "emotions" a bit. I felt like Pratt, the raptor and the Rex were gonna make out at the end. Also, the raptors switching sides back and forth felt very forced.

But a great spectacle and the nods to the original were great - especially the visitor centre scene. I loved the predictable " Rex smashes the spinosaurus skeleton " bit at the end. As soon as I saw it in the background I knew what was gonna happen.

vareon

Really liked it overall. I just feel like they overdid the dinosaur "emotions" a bit. I felt like Pratt, the raptor and the Rex were gonna make out at the end. Also, the raptors switching sides back and forth felt very forced.

But a great spectacle and the nods to the original were great - especially the visitor centre scene. I loved the predictable " Rex smashes the spinosaurus skeleton " bit at the end. As soon as I saw it in the background I knew what was gonna happen.

Yeah. Slow-mo raptor was weird, Raptor nodding to Owen was weird, but T-Rex and Raptor reaching mutual respect was weirdest.

Bernbaum

Okay, my one biggest criticism with this is that Indominus camouflages once and then never uses that ability again.

I don't understand how the Visitor centre was inside the jungle. It was on a cleared hill in JP1 and just 25 years later its covered in a full jungle?
Trees grow that fast? We're not just talking 1 or 2 trees, the whole jungle had encroached about half a mile.. given the distance from other trees in the 1st movie.

Hamlet

They will go full raptor x human weapons in the sequel, wont they?

oh boi, not sure if i want that

jurassic world was perfect. kinda like a nightmare

what happens if the best place on earth becomes the worst one.

imagine you are one of the visiturs when the flying dinosaurs attacked

damn, must be horrifying

and holy shit @ death count. There was somec crue shit. starting with the first guy (the chubby one) who got eaten in a second. holy crap.

or the mesosaurus eating not only the flying dinosaur but also the woman. holy crap

hahahahahahaha @ t-rex destroying the spinosaurus skeletton. perfection.gif

Yeah that death was brutal.

Does the hot lady scientist get eaten?

Nope. She also outruns a T Rex in heels which is quite impressive.

Bernbaum

I don't understand how the Visitor centre was inside the jungle. It was on a cleared hill in JP1 and just 25 years later its covered in a full jungle?
Trees grow that fast? We're not just talking 1 or 2 trees, the whole jungle had encroached about half a mile.. given the distance from other trees in the 1st movie.
Tropical jungles grow super quick and it's presumably been 22 years since the old park was abandoned.

-

The mosasaur death scene was so much more brutal than expected.

Kinsei

Banned
The assistant's death really felt out of place. I'm not complaining, but a death like that didn't really fit in when all of the other deaths were so fast.

Blablurn

Masranis death was also kinda unexpected.

The movie featured a lot of cold and sudden deaths. They were not kidding around.

Hamlet

The movie featured a lot of cold and sudden deaths. They were not kidding around.

That one didn't surprise me too much thanks to the trailers. As once I saw the Aviary I realized it was going to crash. The other helicopter pilot getting impaled by one of the flying dinosaurs was pretty gruesome though haha.

Bernbaum

The moment he took off in the chopper to take out Indominus, I knew what was up and wasn't happy about it. I thought Masrani was the most likeable guy in the film.

The assistant's death really felt out of place. I'm not complaining, but a death like that didn't really fit in when all of the other deaths were so fast.

Yep, seemed cruel for some reason. Having her tortured and torn apart by half a dozen different beasts and maybe 3 different species...it was over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom