• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got an E-Mail from Amazon regarding Death Stranding Release

A.Romero

Last June I placed a pre-order for Death Stranding in Amazon Mexico. Because there is no official release date, the placeholder date that the game had last year was December 31st 2017. On December 31st 2017 it changed to December 31st 2018. Just the usual...

However, I just received an E-Mail from Amazon Mexico stating that my order got delayed and the new delivery date is April 1st 2019: https://imgur.com/a/cV2hc3t

Please keep in mind that it talks about delivery date, not release date. Not all games are delivered on the actual release date. From recent memory out of 3 games (Yakuza Kiwami, SoTC and GoW) only the latest was delivered on the release date 4/20.

I tried including the image as part of the post (instead of the link) but some reason it's not working.

I'm aware I'm reaching quite a bit but why change the placeholder date from the regular December 31st date to a new one? This just happens when they have an actual release date (For example, I got a similar notification when the Spider-Man game got a release date).

Do you think Amazon has accidentally announced the release date?

Bryank75

Banned
I could see it being their April 2019 game, same way GOW was this year and although HZD was March, it was still close enough.

Yagami_Sama

I know that this is just Amazon, but I was expecting that this game would be something for 2020 at least. If this is true, they probably will have the game playable at E3.

A.Romero

I know that this is just Amazon, but I was expecting that this game would be something for 2020 at least. If this is true, they probably will have the game playable at E3.

I feel that if we don't get an official release date, we will at least get to see gameplay...

Playable demo maybe by TGS.

Roni

Gold Member
This seems juicy. I'll jump on it, but won't let it break my heart if it isn't true!

Aces&Eights

Kojima doesn't have overlords pushing him to actually complete the game. I can buy the fact that an initial release date is being set for April 1st of next year but as for actually hitting it? Naw. (Would love to be wrong, though.)

April 1st 2019
giphy.gif
came in expecting to see someone think that a game set for something like Dec31 was the release date...I got something better

Jezan

Because of April Fools? It could be although it's not something we do in Mexico...

Love the JJJ!
Americans think their calendar/dates applies worldwide. Not worth it to tell them otherwise.
they are probably celebrating 5 de Mayo too :p

Because of April Fools? It could be although it's not something we do in Mexico...

Love the JJJ!
Americans think their calendar/dates applies worldwide. Not worth it to tell them otherwise.
they are probably celebrating 5 de Mayo too :p
Yes its because of April Fools and no im not american and nothing I said somehow signals I think April fools is somehow something done in every country, actually born in Mexico City too lmao

Top Bottom