• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got my 360. Now I need game help.

So I got my beast in the mail and 2 games. NFS: MW and COD2. But now it's time to pick up another

My choices are

DOA 4
PGR3
or
PDZero...

Help me make that choice!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
If you want the best game: PGR3
If you want to balance out the genres you already have: DOA4
If you're into online FPS: PDZ

I say pickup PGR3 and slap down a fiver for Geometry Wars.

IJoel

DoA4

Hahaha... Just to make your decision more complicated... Frankly, though, I own all of those games, except NFS: MW, and prefer both CoD2 and DoA4 over the others. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't recommend PDZ unless you are a fan of online multiplayer. The single player component is really poor.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
NBA2K6 is a must have IMO. Shit looks so reeeeeeal.

RR6 is a must have IMO.

CoD2 is a must have IMO.

All are 60fps if you care about that kind of thing.

Not a single regret. Only other game I'd get is DoA4, but I'm not sure yet.

PGR3 is a rental for me. None of the previous Gotham games have clicked for me in the past. Plus I want RR6 to be my only racer for right now.

raYne

Out of that list... don't get either PDZ or DOA4 unless you're planning to play online. Especially PDZ since single player is an acquired taste. DOA is a fighter, if you aren't going to play against people (online or otherwise), don't bother...

Get PGR3!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Single-player borders on being absolutely terrible (with a few random cool sections) but when played with a friend its a hell of a lot better and the ability for online co-op is a nice extra. I might be overly harsh though since I'm an avid FPS gamer on both consoles and the PC.

DaCocoBrova

^^

Gotdamn right. Those track designs are erection inducing.

IJoel

DaCocoBrova said:
^^

Gotdamn right. Those track designs are erection inducing.

They get old after racing on them for the 20th time. I'm done with about 45% of the world explorer and it's boring racing in the same tracks over and over again. Not that they aren't good though.

DaCocoBrova

Couldn't the same be said about any racing game? I'm sayin'...

jedimike

I would check out some of the Arcade games... GeoWars, Outpost Kaloki, Joust, etc. Fine choices and they can be had for $10 or less.

IJoel

DaCocoBrova said:
Couldn't the same be said about any racing game? I'm sayin'...

Well, I've played extensively both RR6 and PGR3 and I didn't think the same of PGR3.

But you're partially right. It's just that the world explorer in RR6 seems to be so huge in scope, when in reality, it's a lot of the same. PGR3's career doesn't feel the same because it uses some of the same tracks for different scenarios (time vs. kudos, cone challenges, time challenges, etc.)

DaCocoBrova

I love the RR series, so different strokes... This is a RR fans wet dream IMO.

Anyway, @ 60 bucks a whop, I suggest Gamefly for the bulk of your 360 gaming needs. I'm only buying the good, good shit.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I just got mine too. PGR3 is great. As is the underrated RR6.

If you have any interest in online multiplayer I would get PD0, as it is a blast on Live. I haven't even gotten to single player yet. For me, wanting something to meld well with the best focus of the console (online integration) that's the best choice.

The arcade games seem great so far too, as per JediMike.

DaCocoBrova

Everyday around this time, I start tweaking, wanting to run to the mall and grab something for the 360. The only thing I want, I can't find no matter where I look:

050513_xbox-360-faceplate.jpg

I know if I leave no to go look for it, I'll come back w/ DoA4.

DaCocoBrova

The white faceplace is just too damn sterile looking. Why is M$ bullshitting on these? I always find the same 3: Woodgrain, Cobalt blue w/ stupid design around ring and the silver one. I thought the one w/ the concentric circles would be all over the place (by now).

The Live Arcade games are great. My favorites are Mutant Storm, Geometry Wars and Zuma.

I prefer RR6 over PGR3, but then I like arcade racers best. I think DOA4 is a good buy, as long as you like fighters and either plan to go online or have some buddies to play with.

FinFan

They are all great but I'd have to go with DOA4.

You already have a racer and a shooter, might as well round it out with a fighting game. :)

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Ha! Good luck I got mine about 3 weeks ago and I still need help. Theres sweet fuck all to play. I've got COD 2 and DOA 4 and I can't be assed into playing either one! :lol Soon as nintendo or sony launch I'm trading mine in. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Outcast2004 said:
So I got my beast in the mail and 2 games. NFS: MW and COD2. But now it's time to pick up another

My choices are

DOA 4
PGR3
or
PDZero...

Help me make that choice!

DoA4 if you have offline friends to play against or are willing to put up with choppy online lag. The SP is terrible and practice mode is the only thing you'll be doing not against people.

PGR3 is good, but if you're a person who finishes games quickly, it might be better to rent it and finish the single player in a weekend and then see how you like the multiplayer.

PDZ...ummmm, yeah I guess if you play online like ALOT.

PDZ online is the gift that keeps on giving. Single player is one of the worst experiances ever tho.

Cod2 is great in single player and doa4 is also great.

I haven't played PDZ but between PGR3 and DOA4, I'd have to go with DOA. When I first started playing DOA4 I freakin' hated it because the AI seems pretty cheap, especially with the last boss. All the characters do a full on press with their offense and they don't stop. Totally frustrating. But I kept playing and I've finally started coming to grips with the game and now I'm lovin' it. Although I wish the game would concentrate a little more on defense, so far this is the first DOA game that I've actually enjoyed.

PGR3.....I've just never been able to really get into the game. I usually put it in, look around a bit, get bored and play something else.

rastex

Banned
If you're gonna play with GAF people then PDZ by far. Man, I've forgotten how much fun it was, and last night taking Prine and Any out with the hovercraft while they had their jetpacks was brilliant.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DaCocoBrova said:
The white faceplace is just too damn sterile looking. Why is M$ bullshitting on these? I always find the same 3: Woodgrain, Cobalt blue w/ stupid design around ring and the silver one. I thought the one w/ the concentric circles would be all over the place (by now).

I think this is BS, but the accessory guy was on Major Nelson saying that, "the manufacturing of faceplates has become alot more complicated than we anticipated". WHAT?

I have no idea how that is the case. Maybe they are trying to find a supplier to make them ot what but he made it sound like you shouldn't hold your breath when waiting for new faceplates.

BTW, I just bough PDZ over the weekend. I need to practice on that game before even thinking of jumping online with you all.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
dskillzhtown said:
BTW, I just bough PDZ over the weekend. I need to practice on that game before even thinking of jumping online with you all.

I hopped on within the first 10 minutes of turning on my console with these goofballs. No worries. I've done ok for not knowing a damn thing either. Don't stress, just hop on and have fun.

raYne

Err NFS is more "fun" but no, it doesn't have better gameplay...

Days like these... said:
Ha! Good luck I got mine about 3 weeks ago and I still need help. Theres sweet fuck all to play. I've got COD 2 and DOA 4 and I can't be assed into playing either one! :lol Soon as nintendo or sony launch I'm trading mine in. :lol
*reads* *blinks*

thumbs-up.jpg

RR6 if you like arcade racing, and if you're a completionist! I'm bloody well determined to get 100% of the achievements in that game even if it kills me. (I think I have like 300 gp's with nearly 50 hrs logged).

Fatalah

Okay, I'm a new xBot for about a month now. The game I enjoy playing the most is CoD2--and I don't eveni like playing FPS's! I say you should get CoD2. The action in single player is amazing, the music is great, the presentation is great. And yesterday I just hooked up to XBLive and had a fantastic experience.

PGR2 isn't my cup of tea. Another genre I don't enjoy too much is racing. The only racing games I enjoy is Burnout and Mario Kart :-D

PGR2 is just too real for me to enjoy. I can't control a car for the life of me.

My favorite game right now however, is Simpson's Hit & Run. It plays beautifully on the 360 and in widescreen. I only rented it once, but since it was so cheap it's worth buying. The graphics don't even bother me, maybe since going from cartoon to 3D amazes me so much.

TekunoRobby said:
If you want the best game: PGR3
If you want to balance out the genres you already have: DOA4
If you're into online FPS: PDZ

I say pickup PGR3 and slap down a fiver for Geometry Wars.

Stick with Robby and win big!

Dr_Cogent

Banned
heavy liquid said:
The Live Arcade games are great. My favorites are Mutant Storm, Geometry Wars and Zuma.

Yeah, I like Arcade too. Joust is an old time fav of mine, and now I have it again!

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
I suck ass at Joust now. We should play sometime.

Well, I won't say I'm the best, but I'm pretty good.

Dr%20Cogent.jpg

Maybe I should try PDZ online again. I tried coop and I didn't care for it, and the SP really bores me. I haven't gotten past that level after the intro level even. I have played it a buncha times too.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Musashi Wins! said:
I hopped on within the first 10 minutes of turning on my console with these goofballs. No worries. I've done ok for not knowing a damn thing either. Don't stress, just hop on and have fun.

Is this a nightly game? If so, I will jump on tonight.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
So what time do you guys usually play your PDZ online?

I'm in the eastern time zone, so come 7. 7:30 or 8 I'm usually game.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dr_Cogent said:
So what time do you guys usually play your PDZ online?

I'm in the eastern time zone, so come 7. 7:30 or 8 I'm usually game.

There's been a game going every night I've had the console (oh...3 nights :lol ) from around 8-whenever. Prine always seems to be on it.

DaCocoBrova

What makes PDZ's multi better than CoD2s? They really would have to had fucked shit up royally to make CoD2 not very good online.

Just got back from Gamestop. Got a faceplace (Pelican seels them for 10 bucks cheaper) and DoA4. How M$ gets away with charging 20 bucks for some molded plastic is beyond me.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
DaCocoBrova said:
What makes PDZ's multi better than CoD2s? They really would have to had fucked shit up royally to make CoD2 not very good online.

Just got back from Gamestop. Got a faceplace (Pelican seels them for 10 bucks cheaper) and DoA4. How M$ gets away with charging 20 bucks for some molded plastic is beyond me.

what Pelican faceplates do they have? I didn't see any good pictures online.

I think COD2 multiplayer lacks lobbies, scoreboards, etc. etc. PD0 is very very customizable. It's just plain fun online. I haven't tried COD online yet, that's just critiques I've heard.

Top Bottom