• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got my 360. Now I need game help.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
what Pelican faceplates do they have? I didn't see any good pictures online.

I think COD2 multiplayer lacks lobbies, scoreboards, etc. etc. PD0 is very very customizable. It's just plain fun online. I haven't tried COD online yet, that's just critiques I've heard.

Yeah, Call of Doodie 2 really fucked up in the MP department. Lag, unable to connect to servers all the time, lack of lobby - it's a fucking joke.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dr_Cogent said:
Yeah, Call of Doodie 2 really fucked up in the MP department. Lag, unable to connect to servers all the time, lack of lobby - it's a fucking joke.

I hope they patch it. Single player is knocking my goddamn socks off.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
I hope they patch it. Single player is knocking my goddamn socks off.

I hope they patch it too. It's fun when you actually get into a game. Playing with friends is damn near impossible.

PDZ online is a blast. I was doubting the game at first, but now I'm hopelessly addcited to the 'Infected' multiplayer game mode. PDZ is a very entertaining multiplayer games. Definate must buy if you're online with your XBox 360. PGR3, and RR6 are awesome as well. But hey it's your money. ;)

Prine

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
I hopped on within the first 10 minutes of turning on my console with these goofballs. No worries. I've done ok for not knowing a damn thing either. Don't stress, just hop on and have fun.

Ahh yes, not everyone is the chosen one you know. You expect too much from us mortals :p

With Rastex just strolling in and trying to pick up from where he left off, it just wasnt right. You cant do that

PDZ multiplayer is the best thing to happen to online gaming since Halo2 imo

Single player is awesome and bad, depends on the person. I know people that absolutly despise it, and some that adore it. Co-op is fun though, never lags up too

For me though, PDZ gunplay is the best i've experienced, so much depth to the combat, makes working as a team extremly rewarding. Even if you have shit weapons, simply throw them away, stalk someone and jack their weapons. Love, love, love this game

And you people dont even know about Jetpack wars Stooge and Modus invented :lol

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Anyone want DoA4 for PGR3? Or I'm willing to sell it. PM me.

Ok, now an update.

Got my system in the mail and have it set up and DAMN is it gorgeous. The kiosks just don't look anywhere near this good.

i picked up PGR3 used yesterday at Blockbuster for $30! (25% off all used, go check it out) and played that online first. I was WAY over my head. The cars are hard to control at first (Iused to be pretty good at PGR2, but that was a long while ago) so I'm going ot need to practice a bit before playing online again. The people I raced with online were really cool and supportive of the newbie.

COD2, looks freaking gorgeous!!!! Glad I got this. I already have COD2 BRO for Xbox (which is GREAT BTW, but willing to trade now!) but this is a nice addition. THe online on BRO is much better you can't deny that. But COD2's isn't terrible. Once you get into a game that isn't filled with freaking snipers it's fun and intense. Love the death replay!

Havent even booted up NFS: MW. It's a packk in I really dont care about.

Fight Night 3 demo..... SWEET JESUS. I can not WAIT to get this full game on the 14th!!!!!! Just wow...

DaCocoBrova

Congrats man. CoD2 is indeed the shit. It's one of those games you don't want to ever end. I had to force myself to turn it off.

If you like basketball even a little bit, you owe it to yourself to get NBA2K6.

No one mentions Amped 3. Does it suck that bad?

DaCocoBrova said:
Congrats man. CoD2 is indeed the shit. It's one of those games you don't want to ever end. I had to force myself to turn it off.

If you like basketball even a little bit, you owe it to yourself to get NBA2K6.

No one mentions Amped 3. Does it suck that bad?

Amped3...it pains me to say it. Take 2 fucked it up beyond belief. They took a great snowboarding sim-like title and tried to make it as much like SSX as they possibly could.

They stripped it of it's identity and tried to force a different one on the series.

DaCocoBrova

I didn't even know it was a Take Two property.

I now realize that I have all the 360 games I want that's avail. I stared at the Gamefly 360 section for like 10 minutes trying to find something to rent.

Bring on the games!

Next 3 titles for me are as follows:
Fight Night Rd 3.... wow.
Ghost Recon AW
MLB 2K6. I need me some baseball.

Maybes:
Morrowind (because I have so little time to game. Kid coming soon...)
The Outfit (no offense Bish, wait and see approach)

_Angelus_

Banned
Belfast said:
You forgot Condemned!

Talk about one bad ass game. The feel in the locations of the game are just creepy as fuck. And it finally happened-somebody the other day said they attacked their own shadow thinking it was an enemy,well that happened last night to me. A friend of mine busted up laughing at my expense when he saw what I did. Felt foolish as hell but the game plays with your head like that. :lol

VALIS

For what it's worth (my own ratings):

Condemned: A-
Call of Duty 2: A
RR6: B+
NFS: B
PDZ offline: B- online: A
Kameo: B+
Amped 3: B-
PGR3: A-
Madden: C
King Kong: B+

Arcade:
Geometry Wars: A+
Mutant Storm Reloaded: A-
Zuma: B+
Outpost Kaloki X: B+
Hexic HD: B
Bejeweled: C+
Wik: B
Bankshot Billiards: C
Hardwood Hearts: C
Hardwood Spades: C
Hardwood Backgammon: B
Joust/Robotron/Gauntlet/Smash TV: B

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ecrofirt said:
Perfect Dark Zero sucks complete and total ass.

No, only offline. I'm actually a little shocked after a full night of play how much I dislike single player so far. But online or in bot matches even by yourself you are completely wrong. It's two games essentially, and only part of it is worthwhile.

DaCocoBrova

PGR3 is sucking pretty hard over here...

Anyone want this or DoA4? PM me.

trmas

Banned
Geometry Wars is addicting as hell. Do NOT download that game if you have anything else to play - played it for a solid hour last night without realising it had been that long. Wicked, wicked game.

HokieJoe said:
Oh, and I almost forgot, if you have Live, or plan on getting it, download the Fight Night 3 demo.

Already done and have played the demo more than 10 times.

Bought PGR 3... damn is it gorgeous!

Next up is PDZero and Kameo from Xbox retail zone.

THEN I'll buy DOA4.

Top Bottom