• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

GWm9d.gif

I don't think Hyomin is joking around anymore... she's obsessed. Just posted this:

469537559.jpg

"early morning and (she's) already cheerful"

Yes! Dude, I was just talking to my friend about this the other day. I completely agree. The last few months I've been noticing more and more Asian girls wherever I go. And I've been finding more and more of them more attractive than I would have found them before. And I didn't even realize it till my friend pointed it out. Funny thing is, if I find out a girl is some other type of Asian, not Korean, my attraction level noticeably drops. Not completely sure about why on that part. Maybe cause then I know she wont be able to hook me up with Yoona. =P

same here, the change in perception is certainly noticeable. I tried to explain this to to a friend and her response was, "yeah i agree that we are very easily conditioned but theres a distinct difference between someone whose attractiveness comes from the person themselves and when it is being directed from external direction"

what do you guys say to that?

what tumblr did you get these from?

plain old tumblr tag search my man, so much more convenient than following individual accounts

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
hottest woman to ever walk this earth.....every other kpop idol will forever be fighting for #2 as no one will ever top her.

come at me....

<3<<3<3<3<3
I disagree but I'm glad she's getting more attention around here. So underrated.

I think this is my favourite Wonder Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyCVP9J3UFc
Hell yeah, Yenny needs more attention, too. I like how he just loses his shit for a moment because she's so good.

Though it's kind of funny how some of us said 'Be My Baby' sounded like a Christmas song.
And this song is the most-likely culprit for people getting that feeling. Very interesting that she would sing it!

Alta1r

same here, the change in perception is certainly noticeable. I tried to explain this to to a friend and her response was, "yeah i agree that we are very easily conditioned but theres a distinct difference between someone whose attractiveness comes from the person themselves and when it is being directed from external direction"

what do you guys say to that?

You mean like liking someone that I would have before the kpop versus after? Or liking someone based on personality versus looks? Either way, Jiyeon is sexy.

tumblr_lq2on5UuQa1qe65h9o1_500.gif

tumblr_ls2wkpMECS1qdg4buo1_500.gif

Xilium

Happened a few hours ago I think. Dunno why. Makes the forums look weird.
They usually do it when they expect a lot of people to flood the forum. Used to happen every time NPD came out with numbers but NPD sucks now so we get fewer visitors for those.

I'm guessing that it has to do with the VGAs today.

vanty

They have a bunch of new trailers, so I guess talking about them plus PS3 fanboys crying about Uncharted or something leads to a lot of traffic.

DXPett1

Funny thing is, if I find out a girl is some other type of Asian, not Korean, my attraction level noticeably drops. Not completely sure about why on that part.

Yeah, I used to be the same with I first discovered the world of Japanese Idols (Yoko Kumada was my first, hnnnnggg) but then I went to Hong Kong and realised beauty is found across all Asian countries (or all countries in general).

Don't limit yourself to just Koreans ;)

Biscuits

Yeah, I used to be the same with I first discovered the world of Japanese Idols (Yoko Kumada was my first, hnnnnggg) but then I went to Hong Kong and realised beauty is found across all Asian countries (or all countries in general).

Yep, gotta spread the Asian love :)

Niks

SNSD to release U.S. maxi-single in December

According to Amazon.com, the girls will be unleashing ‘The Boys‘ on December 20th. The single contains several different remixes of their hit song, including an a capella version as well as an instrumental. Many of you may recognize one of the remixes from SNSD’s dramatic performance at the ‘2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards‘ in Singapore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNMmHc-xvM

Alta1r

Haha, fasho. Not that they're any less beautiful or anything. But I already spent all this time with kpop, I want my money's worth! lol

tumblr_ltphyn8qsC1qbedpgo1_500.gif

Alta1r

Yoona joined in 2002 and Sica in 2000? Craziness. Lol @ Fany getting defensive about their age. Are they over the hill or something by kpop standards?

tumblr_lw0o56Zb9f1qlkh0co1_500.gif

DXPett1

Nice, not bad.

On an unrelated note, Cube seems determined to make me pirate Trouble Maker. Not available on iTunes, Android Market or Amazon. Assholes.

Its on the Aussie iTunes lol, even listed under the genre 'K-Pop'

After watching the M/V on SBS PopAsia this morning I am totally digging Trouble Maker. Very different sound to what I was expecting. Bought!
the single not the EP lol

Alta1r

lol taeny might be real but naji is a definite no-go

tumblr_lvulq3qj5t1r2awpao1_500.gif

Lol, damn, 36 bottles of hairspray per night. 10 yogurts and 15 cartons of milk? Guess that other list was for the staff. And, Soshi has backup dancers? I don't think I've ever seen them.

And I don't know about the US as a whole, but kpop (or at least SNSD) is definitely invading tumblr. I searched just for "Jessica" and 90% of the hits were Sica. I was expecting way more Jessica Alba, Biel, Simpson, etc. and random hipsters. In any case, I don't think I've ever seen this photoshoot/concept before:

tumblr_lvzvlgRi7j1r5e34lo1_500.png

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Lol, damn, 36 bottles of hairspray per night. 10 yogurts and 15 cartons of milk? Guess that other list was for the staff. And, Soshi has backup dancers? I don't think I've ever seen them.

And I don't know about the US as a whole, but kpop (or at least SNSD) is definitely invading tumblr. I searched just for "Jessica" and 90% of the hits were Sica. I was expecting way more Jessica Alba, Biel, Simpson, etc. and random hipsters. In any case, I don't think I've ever seen this photoshoot/concept before:

Haven't seen backup dancers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ORLReiHseWI#t=108s

and for that photoshoot

http://entertainmentbooth.blogspot.com/2011/05/2011-snsd-marie-claire-photoshoot.html

Salazar

And I don't know about the US as a whole, but kpop (or at least SNSD) is definitely invading tumblr.

Gorgeous, funny, they gif and photograph amazingly well, there is non-stop content, there are nine of them. I don't think there are many ways in which they could be more suited to blow up on tumblr.

cDdDt.gif

IUlZv.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
PsaZT.jpg

xwQZS.jpg

VWgWW.jpg

I feel an avatar change coming soon... closer to Christmas... when we have our avatars back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom