• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Peru

Japanese single

CTrl8sOUwAAeXGT.jpg
CTrl9EgUYAIhhuH.jpg

Seo In Young - Scream MV (rated 19+ but it rly isn't, some covered up boobies, epilepsy warning tho)

Eh. The song is better than her other most recent singles. At least there's no mediocre rap feature this time. The song is decent, I like it because she sings it. I love that she's going back to the style of 'Anymore' -which is an absolute masterpiece- but it doesn't quite reach that perfection. The looks are on point though (in the MV, the performance she did is a mess).

The video also provides evidence that the context of IU’s explanation of “Zeze” was omitted in the initial reports of her interview about it. The video plays a recording of IU at her “Chat-shire” showcase on October 23 explaining the song, saying: “Just looking at his character, he has a lot of contradictions, so I was pulled to the character. I’m not saying this to the young Zeze. When just looking at Zeze’s temperament, I thought it was sexy.” The video claims that the initial reports left out the part of IU saying she is not talking about young Zeze.

so if this is true then IU witchhunt turns out to be bullshit? Well cant say it is unexpected from the netizen community that gave us the previous tablo "scandal". Burn that pedo!

the new robomaknae
thats why i stan both!

Peru

so if this is true then IU witchhunt turns out to be bullshit? Well cant say it is unexpected from the netizen community that gave us the previous tablo "scandal". Burn that pedo!

!

The actual quote is even more distanced from the Zeze in the book, she just associates a certain attitude with something else. It was obvious bullshit from the start and one of the most absurd stories to come out of _the_ place for absurd stories: K-pop. Shame on newspapers and foreign 'serious' outlets latching onto it without fact checking anything and just repeating anti-fan comments. The only good thing that came out of it is the debate it brought to some Korean sites and news outlets about how they accept a general lusting over young girls in media as something natural but will create the most ludicrous narratives to witch hunt any female public person with a personality. ... and the fact that it actually bumped her digital sales.

Pendulum

So, the last episode of Unpretty Rapstar 2 aired.

Sua has got to be the luckiest person right now after failing upwards so much. And now she goes another step after Yubin forgot her lyrics :(

Yezi vs Truedy ended as we all expected, but as no one wanted. Yezi puts on a performance, Truedy recycles her shit, Yezi had over 80% of the online vote and yet loses to Truedy 78-191. Fuck that.

Final song performance, and then it's Sua 4th, Hyorin 3rd, KittiB 2nd, and Truedy 1st. Yea, one of the people who signed with Mnet (Heize, Kasper, Ash-B the others) wins Mnet's show. Everyone feigns surprise.

Fuck this show and any further seasons. I'm done.

edit:
Oh, and...

Debut positions on Melon:
#29 - Yezi - 함부로 해줘 (Feat. 한해) link

#61 - Truedy - 자존심 (Prod. by 용감한형제) (Feat. 거미) link
#91 - Sua - WHO AM I (Feat. 악동뮤지션 수현) link
#100 - Truedy - 루디부기 (Ruedy Boogie) (Feat. 소녀시대 티파니) link

llehuty

Wait, 2nd semifinals and finals are in the same episode?

Edit: Yezi's song is the highest charting on Melon. Koreans got it right this time around.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am SHOCKED at this incredibly tense and suspensful finale of UPR. I never NEVER saw the winner coming.
Because I had read a spoiler that said that Hyorin won. They nailed all of the final 4 spots predictions, so I was ready for the upset! But no...of course the chosen one by Mnet, is the winner.

I mean it's so shameless, they didn't even bother to cover the whole contract stuff. And the worst part, they STILL had to bring up Yezi being an airhead...Not that she has hearing problems. You fucks. And she SCARED Falsedy shitless. How can you win a rap battle, when your opponent made you shit your pants on stage?!

How goddamn stupid is it, when the people's vote is like 80% Yezi, but Truedy still wins with the SAME FUCKING RAP she's been doing since day 1? Hyorin talks shit about Yubin while she's been SINGING in a rap show for weeks now.

Fact is KittyB and Yezi are the best rappers of the bunch, and everyone could see that. Jiyoon finally made a name for herself, Yubin is still k-pop Yoda. It's all good.

Still I am fucking done with this. UPS3? FUCK YOOOOOU. You could tell Y̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶i̶r̶a̶e̶ was going to win since day 1. They might have well given her a CGI glow and angels flying around everytime she was onscreen. And had a scene each week of her using another contestant as a footrest, because she's the Queen according to Mnet.

roaSone

I don't live in Paris myself, but I still live in France. This is pure tragedy, I can't get how people can act like this.. It's really scary, glad to hear you're safe and I hope all your acquaintances are as well. Stay strong!

Yeah, saw your post in the Paris thread ... condolences to your friends ... what a terrifying world we live in.

Thank you. As i said even though i dont know her personally, and i am still this shocked and saddened I cant begin to imagine how her friends and family feel.

Stay safe, european Kpop Gaf.

Mandelbo

One of my friends at university recently got me into K-Pop through f(x) (Dracula from Red Light specifically), and I must say that even though I only started going through this thread yesterday I've already got a ton of new things to listen to! Of the few songs I've listened to so far I really enjoyed these two:

Bonus for going through all this boy group links: New Suiyoubi no campanella:
水曜日のカンパネラ『小野妹子』

Their latest album was just released and is really good.

Another song my friend showed me was Wolf by EXO, which I thought was wonderfully silly. I've also started going through the playlist you posted a few posts up, llehuty, so that should keep me occupied for a little while!

llehuty

One of my friends at university recently got me into K-Pop through f(x) (Dracula from Red Light specifically), and I must say that even though I only started going through this thread yesterday I've already got a ton of new things to listen to! Of the few songs I've listened to so far I really enjoyed these two:

Another song my friend showed me was Wolf by EXO, which I thought was wonderfully silly. I've also started going through the playlist you posted a few posts up, llehuty, so that should keep me occupied for a little while!

Check the first post of the thread also, there is a "Essentials k-pop GAF" list with the best of the best k-pop music.

If you find any artists that you enjoy, you can check the individual playlists also there.

llehuty

How amazing is that the Yezi f. Hanhae track is charting way better that the Truedy ft. Tiffany song?

I really didn't see this one coming, and I'm not sure that the Tiffany solo is going to end up being a good idea.

Pendulum

Top Bottom