• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

What better way to start of a new page than with some statistics?

Irene of course.

Aer9VN5.jpg

Pendulum

The only ' credible' music awards in Korea, nominations: http://www.indiefulrok.com/2016/01/kma2016-nominees/

The winners for the 2016 Korean Music Awards have been announced

Album of the Year: E SENS – The Anectode
Song of the Year: BIGBANG – “Bae Bae”
Artist of the Year: Deepflow
Rookie of the Year: Hyukoh

Best Heaviness Album: Method – Abstract

Best Rock Album: The Monotones – Into The Night
Best Rock Song: Lowdown 30 – “Hotter (더뜨겁게)” (feat. Kim Oki)

Best Modern Rock Album: The KOXX – The New Normal
Best Modern Rock Song: Hyukoh – “와리가리 (Comes And Goes)”

Best Folk Album: Kim Sawol – 수잔 (Suzanne)
Best Folk Song: Kwon Tree – “이천십사년사월”

Best Pop Album: Ravie Nuage – 청춘
Best Pop Song: BIGBANG – “Loser”

Best Dance & Electronic Album: Trampauline – Marginal
Best Dance & Electronic Song: Flash Flood Darlings – “별 (Byeol)”

Best Rap & Hip Hop Album: E SENS – The Anecdote
Best Rap & Hip Hop Song: Deepflow – “작두” (feat. Nucksal, Huckleberry P)

Best R&B & Soul Album: Samuel Seo – Frameworks
Best R&B & Soul Song: Dean – “풀어 (Pour Up)” (feat. Zico)

Best Jazz Album: BuYoung Lee – Little Star
Best Crossover Album: The NEQ – Passing of Illusion
Best Jazz & Crossover Performance: Eungmin Cho – Oriental Fairy Tale

Committee’s Choice: Park Je Chun
Achievement Award: Kim Hee Gab

The Netizens’ Choice winners were announced a week prior.
Netizens’ Choice, Male Artist: JYP
Netizens’ Choice, Female Artist: IU
Netizens’ Choice, Group: BIGBANG

I think E-Sens is still in jail.

---

2nd episode of this season's female Real Men special has been subbed.

No No Eul

You know what, this song's growing on me. It may not be a good fit for the group conceptually but still, I do quite like it. The EP's intro track is rather nice too. Very strong Mass Effect OST vibes. (Edit: Well, at the beginning anyway.)

As an aside, I quite admire the fact that Starship has gone with a TVXQ/SNSD-style name for this group. That alone seems like quite a statement of intent.

llehuty

Pledis girls covering Nu'est latest release.
Yo, Pledis suddenly remembered they have female artists!!

BEAST - 「GUESS WHO?」(SHORT VER.)
Beast's japanese releases are always months late to whatever trend is semi-popular in korea.

So 9muses basically redid their Muse in the city concert for their first fan meet in China.

Sungah preview
GUN (Hyemi focus) (Hyuna focus (awful framerate edition)) (Minha focus)
VCR1 (Fantastic, with a remix of their song Muse).
VCR2
VCR3 (Credits and BTS)

#global
At this point, I would approve if they go full on chinese promotions since korea is just ignoring them.

Pungdeng-E speking some english because they got invited to an event in Hawai
#global

vanty

Maybe Seohyun isn't really interested in a solo release and is more interested in doing musicals. She just started another one recently.

Niks

I dont think Yuri would get an album BEFORE Tiffany, Seohyun or even Sunny?

Anyways, I want a Taeyeon vs Jessica album showdown, just for the comments.

feist_

Banned
HyosungGAF clearly AWOL and still not posting her "Swagger" video, campaign photos or gifs.

Cheng Xiao post after Dahye is fitting because she may eventually be a threat to Dahye's dynamic dance machine status.

Choa for Ellesse Korea --- 엘레쎄 2016 S/S 광고영상 #2 초아 요가편

AoA Cream took a break from releasing bad songs to do some variety. --- 보니하니와 함께한 질투나요 BABY~ AOA크림 ^ㅡ^

1.gif

Yezi for Maxim Korea --- MAXIM KOREA_2016년 3월호 매거진 미리보기

Yezi (w/Kitti B) for The Icon TV --- [래퍼 예지] 미친 것 같은 예지 미칠 것 같은 우리

Yet another win for OT9
Twice --- 레드체뚜 X 트와이스 미나 ver. - RedCettu X Twice / Mina ver.

Twice --- 레드체뚜 X 트와이스 나연 ver. - RedCettu X Twice / Nayeon ver.

Twice --- 160213 레드체뚜(Redcettu) X 트와이스(Twice) 광고 촬영현장 메이킹 영상

Twice --- [레드체뚜] 레드체뚜 X 트와이스 촬영 현장

ha ji won, yubin, hyomin, park so dam, shin se kyung, j-line mina, muse-day couple, lovelyz, yura, mijoo, boa, krystal, haeryung, seolhyun, kim go eun, sohee, wonder girls, stephanie lee, jae, yezi, nana

Maybe Seohyun isn't really interested in a solo release and is more interested in doing musicals. She just started another one recently.

She has the current Musical, a Drama and a Movie all scheduled for this year, so i guess she won't release anything or it will be by the end of the year.

Broank

As an aside, I quite admire the fact that Starship has gone with a TVXQ/SNSD-style name for this group. That alone seems like quite a statement of intent.

Is their name Korean? From what I understand it's thought of as really old fashion? Which is why everyone goes with English. But it seemed to work out well for the couple that do it (DBSK/SNSD)

Edit: It seems it says that Yuri might release an album. Yuri and not Seolady? WTF.

Like 2007-2010 I would have guessed Yuri as the first SNSD to get a solo and Seohyun as the last I would expect. Then again honestly Sunmi would have probably been the last WG I would have expected to do a solo first so you never know. I just hope they aren't going to rush Taeyeon with another half comeback... she already dominated with I which was just part of the Agit project where the other songs (Jonghyun, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook) flopped and Rain which was just part of the Station project. It's time for a full album with full promotions.

Comeback hair plz

yess Yooa!

I get the feeling they are gonna get burred again with all the comebacks in March. :(

Here's some best girl Jiho since I've never seen much of her around here.

She's "special"
ezgif-1253975035pvqhy.gif

ezgif-125877339q5uen.gif

llehuty

Apink released a new Japanese single. The song had potential but it's pretty much ruined by the irritating 'my brand new days' hook. I like Chorong's 'lesson one/two/three' part though.

So I was thinking for the last days that my mind was playing tricks... but nope, it looks like Apink has finally stop rereleasing the same song... and it's actually good?

It does sound like something that KARA would release ;_;

They still suck as a group though, and they have zero charisma. They look like nugus with the completely forced cutesy gestures.

4TEN still has the better KARA revival of the year, though.

Pendulum

In more agency news, Yedang Entertainment (home of EXID) has changed their name to Banana Culture.

I was aware that they had signed with Banana Plan (owned by the son of China's richest man, and which handles T-ara in China) for Chinese activities, but this looks like Yedang was outright bought.

Pendulum

2016 saved. Red Velvet comeback this month.

---

That EXID song teased a little while back is a Solji & Hani duet. Dasoni be back (in digital release form) March 3rd.

Ym1r

RED VELVET PLS!!

edit: wait who was the sacrifice for this comeback?
edit2: maybe it was my stats and ochem grades that were sacrificed for this comeback. you're welcome guys. ㅠㅠ

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hmm, Dasoni track release yet Hani is on break.

I knew RV was coming back because they changed their hair. Regardless, HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING

lol they always get extra enthusiastic when you feed them

Lol that Jimin x Xuimin duet is surprisingly cute. Jimin's voice is hit or miss, but this she sounds alright here. Cute song. Also Xiumin is just about the only Exo related thing that's relevant to me, so I'm happy to see him do things outside of his group.

Pendulum

Speaking of which, we're now halfway (or just a bit more) through Produce 101. For those watching, I'm wondering what's your Top 11 looking like?

I've got 9 core (no particular order):
Kim Sejeong (Jellyfish)
Kim Chungha (M&H)
Choi Yoojung (Fantagio)
Kim Nayoung (Jellyfish)
Im Nayoung (Pledis)
Zhou Jieqiong (Pledis)
Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
Jeon Soyeon (Cube)
Kang Mina (Jellyfish)

And 3 that change around for the remaining 2 spots:
Jung Chaeyeon (MBK)
Jeon Somi (JYP)
Kwon Eunbin (Cube)

Edit: Now that the number of contestants is getting lower, Mnet is changing the public voting system from 11 a day to 1 a day (I think that's for the round that starts after the current round (up to Mar 5)). That's going to change some things.

llehuty

I'm team Im Nayoung, the tall girl from Fantagio, the vocal powerhouse from Starship and the center during first Pick Me Up stage.

(Yeah, I'm great with names)

Pendulum

I'm team Im Nayoung, the tall girl from Fantagio, the vocal powerhouse from Starship and the center during first Pick Me Up stage.

(Yeah, I'm great with names)

Kim Doyeon, Yu Yeunjung, Choi Yoojung

Chungha said:
I hope M&H has a proper group in the works - they only have 2 trainees in Produce 101 and as far as I can tell have no groups currently. Chungha needs to debut.

isuzu

my top 11 is a mess and would make a very weird group

anyway, Somi101 bringing attention to the plebs is always great. my girl was damn good and her hair slapping Dani in the face is already iconic
tumblr_o2xvbiMbXM1ros9sso2_400.gif

Top Bottom