• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

neoism

WHY Teaser #2

sadly just more MV and the same beat clip released yesterday.. MV looks amazing though
0zFwpPe.gif

kkpRl53.gif

zd7ZbKD.gif

Ck2w8KY.gif

Kuno

브레이브걸스 (Brave Girls) - 하이힐 (High Heels) MV

They delivered! Love how it's obviously a sexy concept but not taking itself too seriously, it's fun.

If this song flops, there is no justice in this forsaken world.

12.gif

Actually... when this song started, I was like "oh god not another one of THESE songs," but by the end I was way into it. Really nice melody that got stuck in my head in a good way.

No No Eul

Seems like a typical Brave Bros X AOA effort. I guess there isn't anything wrong with that necessarily but as a follow-up to Deepened, it's pretty disappointing.

plsdontbetheirdebutstyle plsdontbetheirdebutstyle

This.

Actually... when this song started, I was like "oh god not another one of THESE songs," but by the end I was way into it. Really nice melody that got stuck in my head in a good way.

But also this. I'm so torn.

Victoria said:

Peru

The last Brave Girls single was great, and the girls had a style that stood out. It didn't perform all too well but it got people talking and could've served as a foundation for future endeavours. Step by step.

Everyone who appreciated that song will forget what they saw in the group with this new release. Add to that styling them in generic 'high heels' like they're a nugu group from four years ago... It's the definition of flop - it could never under any circumstance sell well.

llehuty

브레이브걸스 (Brave Girls) - 하이힐 (High Heels) MV

They delivered! Love how it's obviously a sexy concept but not taking itself too seriously, it's fun.

Ehh... this is tragic. The anonymous production with the anonymous concept. I wasn't a fan of their previous concept though, but this one seems like a step back. The comeback, in general, is the definition of dropping the ball.

Wonder Girls, pls save us.

Okay it's true, Brave Girls 'redebuted' with a very distinct style and look. Very unconventional when it comes to girlgroup concepts. In comparison to that, this comeback ticks way too many typical girlgroup boxes, like this could've been an AOA track. I still like the song, but it definitely won't help them stand out anymore.

"Underrated vocalists from LOVELYZ, PLEDIS GIRLZ, SONAMOO, CLC etc to appear on 'Girl Spirit'"

Line-up: SPICA Kim Bohyung, FIESTAR Hyemi, Ladies' Code Lee Sojung, BESTIE Yuji, LABOUM Soyeon, Lovelyz Kei, SONAMOO Minjae, CLC Seunghee, Oh My Girl Seunghee, APRIL Jinsol, WJSN Dawon, and Pledis Girlz Seungyeon/Shannon

Really interesting that Pledis are sending Shannon instead of Eunwoo despite Eunwoo being the only Pledis trainee to make the P101 final outside of Nayoung and Pinky. Rooting for her, Seunghee and Bohyung.

Pendulum

feist_

Banned
I've been pushing OMG as a group and Seunghee as a future great vocalist since day one, so it's clear where I stand.

OMG of course. Not a CLC hater like the rest of GAF, but that Seunghee is of no interest to me. OMG Seunghee on the other hand is representing the #1 rookies, she better deliver.
CLC have their share of supporters here. The girls have a lot of talents, though musically they need better material, and Cube needs to provide better guidance.

Seungyeon is a very good dancer/performer, while Sorn and Seunghee have good vocals. CBA to pay attention to the new group members yet...

I like this. They're not as polished as Mamamoo were as rookies (though some people also took that as a negative against Mamamoo), lack their stage presence and overall group cohesion, but they have potential.

"Underrated vocalists from LOVELYZ, PLEDIS GIRLZ, SONAMOO, CLC etc to appear on 'Girl Spirit'"

Line-up: SPICA Kim Bohyung, FIESTAR Hyemi, Ladies' Code Lee Sojung, BESTIE Yuji, LABOUM Soyeon, Lovelyz Kei, SONAMOO Minjae, CLC Seunghee, Oh My Girl Seunghee, APRIL Jinsol, WJSN Dawon, and Pledis Girlz Seungyeon/Shannon
The bolded range from capable to very good. Hyemi, I've only heard a bit from, and hasn't stood out to me. Kei is very talented at dancing, and some "traditional idol" abilities, yet I'm not a fan. The rest I'm not familiar with, or have not heard any live performances from.

A long time ago, I mentioned Kim Bohyung and Yuji (possibly during her EXID stint) somewhat had a 1-vs-1 sing off on some variety show. While she has power, Bohyung is unrefined. She was clearly nervous, rushing through her cover to get to the show-y power vocal portions of the song in an effort to highlight her strengths.

Yuji remained calm throughout, displaying control and poise. Bohyung didn't fair well, but I've always like her passion.

llehuty

Sunflower - 윤하(Younha) [SBS 드라마(Drama) 닥터스(Doctors) OST Part.2]
Nothing special, but I'm just happy that she is out of her hiatus.

More like vocalists from underrated (or unrated) girl groups. Could be interesting.

CLC Seunghee ... I'm surprised she made it into the show over Elkie. Ever since Elkie joined CLC, Seunghee has been pushed back as a main vocalist in that group. She has a powerful voice but can sound unstable live, maybe it's due to the dancing (the Soyeon syndrome as one may call it). Well I'm rooting for both Seunghee's in this case.

Also Happy Face sucks for having Dal Shabet miss out on opportunities like this. Or even Minx since there are really impressive vocals in that group.

^ That's also true, but P101 had quite a messy production all around. However if they can stand out it does help them get their name trending, like Sooyeon on that show.

Related, Dal Shabet for Men's Health Magazine.

Cl8fAtJXEAA_d1k.jpg

llehuty

I want to hate gugudan already, but those teasers are giving me little Kara vibes with the jpop quirky instrumental and the ridiculous plastic outfits.

llehuty

Tayeon song is decent, but the chorus is so damn busy it puts me off. Just let the instrumental do their own thing, like in Luna's Feel somebody.

Damn, the Kara/Puretty/April cute release vibes are strong in this. Curious of how they are going to perform in the charts, but kind of wish they made a more interesting debut; there is definitely room for evolving. I could see them pulling an Oh My Girl if they switch it up for next comeback.

Pendulum

Damn, the Kara/Puretty/April cute release vibes are strong in this.
ButterFly, the producing team, did do April's "Dream Candy".

Curious of how they are going to perform in the charts, but kind of wish they made a more interesting debut; there is definitely room for evolving. I could see them pulling an Oh My Girl if they switch it up for next comeback.
Please. Sejeong is wasted in something like this.

llehuty

Only 12 pages left in this thread (around one month?) So I did a quick search of OT7 in the thread:

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| Please Calm Down and Refrain from Throwing Your Undergarments

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| #sponsored

|OT7| #groupsbetterthanSNSD

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| Marginally Asymmetrical Rhinoplasty

|OT7| Comebacks were a mistake. They're nothing but trash.

|OT7| Controversies Over Somethings

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader As Always

Kpop fanboy/fangirl |OT7| say goodbye to all your faves

OR

Kpop fanboy/fangirl |OT7| survival of the fittest

K-pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| Live bright and cheerfully under the aura of Sana

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| Patients with the disease should be isolate

There is a chance that No No Eul already has gone, but I found it hilarious reading some of these out of context.

Top Bottom