• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kyungri tho

GFriend should have 'gone with the wind' for their title track, song is fire.
I'd take that or LOL, Distance, Water Flower, Compas, or Click. I don't mind that they didn't pick any of these because they kept their identifying sound, which is a smart move, but if they want to evolve that sound faster they should do short follow up promotions with one of these other songs so perception of them opens up to a wider possibilities. That's what all the greats did. You want a nice core identity, but not to get pigeonholed.

Fall in Love is okay but can stay just an album song, though Mermaid could be a good accompanying song when they do two-song stages. Sunshine is missing something but pleasant enough to be background music when you're doing something else.

llehuty

They did evolve their sound though. And I'm not expecting a change of pace until they start losing popularity instead of gaining it with every comeback. It would be stupid to make a radical change just because.

Dice

That's what I'm saying. Don't make a big change just to do it, but use short follow-up promotions and/or additional songs on your stages (only possible now at their higher popularity) to tack on more to the perception of what you do. If you stick to only one sound with nothing else ever tacked on you'll get pidgeonholed, but if you keep the strong core sound for your main stuff and compliment it with other things, it keeps the public idea of what you can be open to more things to be able to move along with the industry in the long term. That was the strategy of Kara, T-ara, Sistar, A Pink, etc.

I feel for gfriend it's already a big step to let go of the high school outfits. The retro-inspired cuteness is so much more appealing. I think LOL is a pretty good album and Navillera is like the perfect culmination of their sound. I assume their biggest hit will be 'Me gustas tu' for a while, at least in terms of how iconic it is (I have no idea about rankings), but going forward I feel they have opened the path for more experimental comebacks by moving on concept-wise.

Bonus Woohee.

13661838_1140834435937760_8969207269306714903_o.jpg

JKTrix

You guys tend to go nuts at the end and I'll probably be asleep when it happens, so I'll say "Bye!" to OT6 now. 2 years! GG
tumblr_oa6wclwMo91rg1vjfo1_500.gif

Not what I wanted to see shortly before their comeback.

4.jpg

3.jpg

Pledis has been releasing practice videos of PG. Only Siyeon, Minkyung and Kyla released so far. One a day it seems. Minkyung is the complete package for real. Love her performance.

Recently they have been experimenting with her forehead and I can't say I have a problem with it.

2nd version is the best by far. #banallbangs

And LOL at the unfortunate lighting for JinE in the first video.

No No Eul

As discussed forever ago, the old 'K-Pop GAF Essentials Playlist' will be renamed the 'Classics' playlist for the new OP, and a new 'Essentials' playlist will take its place. We just need to decide which songs will feature in it...

I've made a poll so people can put their nominations forward. Since the most recent release in the 'Classics' playlist (EXID's Every Night) is from October 2012, I suggest that we pick songs from the last four(-ish) years.

As with the old list, I guess we're aiming to compile a list of K-pop GAF favourites. They don't have to be huge hits (although they often are). They can also be songs that are less widely appreciated but are nevertheless beloved by the people in this thread. They don't necessarily have to be restricted to the most mainstream idol groups or soloists either.

To get the ball rolling, I've thrown a preliminary list together. I mostly just took some of the biggest names from the old playlist and picked one of their more recent songs. I'm afraid there aren't many boy groups in there at the moment because, aside from the likes of Shinee and EXO, I don't really keep an eye on that stuff. Edit: I've updated the list, adding some of the artists/songs that have been nominated already, just to provide some food for thought.

Jihyo post because for some weird reason senpais don't notice her.

Yup, too busy noticing J-Trinity.

You guys tend to go nuts at the end and I'll probably be asleep when it happens, so I'll say "Bye!" to OT6 now. 2 years! GG

Alas, we'll probably still be on this page. :p

Pendulum

In that episode, Sana and Kang Nam has some sort of pattycake game that's also worth watching.

Pattycake. Sana was on point this episode. Some other enjoyable scenes; shutting Kangnam down on multiple occasions in regard to his name and things done in Japan, telling the story about how she pretended to not understand Korean (by saying "Nani") when she was scolded as a trainee, and then later saying "Nani" when asked if she' been in a relationship.

Sana/Cheng Xiao/Sorn all did well. I hope it leads to more tv/variety appearances.

---

Along with a comeback in August, Oh My Girl is also going to have a solo concert.

---

Add another name to the list of defunct K-Pop acts.
Goodbye Chad Future. We barely knew cared for ye

---

Edit:
To get the ball rolling, I've thrown a preliminary list together. I mostly just took some of the biggest names from the old playlist and picked one of their more recent songs.
Is this a 1 song per act list (as the previous one was barring the exceptions of top acts SNSD/Wonder Girls/Big Bang)? I am just trying to gauge whether you are trying to keep this list under a certain total number of songs.

Kazzy

As discussed forever ago, the old 'K-Pop GAF Essentials Playlist' will be renamed the 'Classics' playlist for the new OP, and a new 'Essentials' playlist will take its place. We just need to decide which songs will feature in it...

I wasn't aware of the existence of this thing (which, if it's included in the OP, I guess I can only say the bloated OPs in gaming have conditioned me to just scroll past them), but I'm glad it's been brought to my attention!

Kind of glad it retains some of the older material, at least for the time-being - I have so many holes in my knowledge, that'd be nice to go through and see if I discover anything from it.

No No Eul

It's a great place to start. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

Is this a 1 song per act list (as the previous one was barring the exceptions of top acts SNSD/Wonder Girls/Big Bang)? I am just trying to gauge whether you are trying to keep this list under a certain total number of songs.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be much the same as the previous list so 1 song per act and around 30 songs in total. Having said that, I suppose there's no reason why it couldn't be longer. We'll see what people vote for I guess.

Pendulum

Yeah, I was thinking it would be much the same as the previous list so 1 song per act and around 30 songs in total. Having said that, I suppose there's no reason why it couldn't be longer. We'll see what people vote for I guess.

Form completed. Even taking into consideration just 1 song, and which had an MV, from an act, it was hard to finalise a top 30 (actually 31, since 27 was listed twice). There's been some gems these past 4 years.

Dice

I've made a poll so people can put their nominations forward. Since the most recent release in the 'Classics' playlist (EXID's Every Night) is from October 2012, I suggest that we pick songs from the last four years.
TFW you realize you haven't given a shit about anything Orange Caramel did for the last 4 years.

My submission is not in order of priority. Also 30 is not enough!

Perhaps 30 per year...

Kazzy

It's a great place to start. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

In terms of quality control (as well as conciseness), I can understand that. Is it intended for newcomers and something you'll stick up in the OP? If not, I would just say load it up and go crazy!

No No Eul

I've updated the preliminary list, adding some of the artists/songs that have been nominated already, just to provide some food for thought.

TFW you realize you haven't given a shit about anything Orange Caramel did for the last 4 years.

TFW you realize that Orange Caramel hasn't even released anything for two years. :(

My submission is not in order of priority.

Ah, yes, I forgot to say that that all nominations will be weighted equally. I've added that to the survey.

In terms of quality control (as well as conciseness), I can understand that. Is it intended for newcomers and something you'll stick up in the OP?

It's exactly that, yeah.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
But mamameh are so talented and good, they don't even belong the list, am I right?
#stopMamamoo2016 #salt
gtfo

okay filled out what i could. only 11 songs.. over 3 years.. well, i didn't want to include songs that were already on no eul's list.

some truth:

• red velvet >
  • sunmi #1 wg, new song+mv proves this although yenny is a close 2nd
  • neon bunny still at it
  • mamamoo's 1cm song is fun, get over it ll(hew)ty
  • RIP oc/after school
  • ladies code stuff still makes me sad but galaxy is a nice song
  • waiting on hyuna's comeback

Top Bottom