• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

*Lights the JKTrix signal*
Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun Confirmed As Lead In New MBC Drama
But that's not even the best part...

Previously, it was reported that Seohyun was considering a role in a new MBC weekend drama called “Thief, Thief” (working title).

“Thief, Thief” is about a band of thieves that target individuals in the elite class who use their power to secretly twist Korean society to their benefit.

On March 15, it was confirmed that Seohyun had accepted the lead female role as a character named Kang So Ju. Kang So Ju is a passionate police detective who possesses an overwhelmingly strong sense of justice. The character is one who does not worry about her own safety in the face of a criminal and is determined to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Meanwhile, “Thief, Thief” will begin airing in May, after the final episode of “Father, I’ll Take Care of You.”
lol, did they write the character around her or what?

EXID will comeback as 4 members on April 10th.

I think they should delay it until Solji is ok (a month more, maybe?), because losing the lead vocalist can be huge.

Yeah, not sure the group can step up to the plate without Solji, but I understand the worry of them not being in the spotlight for a long period of time.

Edit: GOT7's choreo really stands out this time around

What's the best online radio service to use?

I've got access to Sirius XM at work and the K-Pop radio on t is amazing. Bolballgan4, Davichi, Seobby's Don't Say No, and Urban Zakapa played in succession lol. I'm tempted to sub but I've already got Spotify premium so I kinda don't want to.

What I'm really looking for is new music discovery which is what the XM radio does. It's playing a lot of new shit I haven't heard before which is fantastic.

Is Apple Music radio that good? I'd cancel Spotify for it lol.

llehuty

What's the best online radio service to use?

I've got access to Sirius XM at work and the K-Pop radio on t is amazing. Bolballgan4, Davichi, Seobby's Don't Say No, and Urban Zakapa played in succession lol. I'm tempted to sub but I've already got Spotify premium so I kinda don't want to.

What I'm really looking for is new music discovery which is what the XM radio does. It's playing a lot of new shit I haven't heard before which is fantastic.

Is Apple Music radio that good? I'd cancel Spotify for it lol.
Apple Music has more kpop selection that Spotify, but apparently Spotify is better for music discovery. Also, I've never used Apple Music, but I don't know if it works offline.

T-ara's comeback in May will be their last as 6.

According to T-ara's label MBK Entertainment, the group's comeback album this coming May will be their last as 6.
MBK told news outlets on March 16 (KST), "T-ara plan on making a comeback on May 17. Since their contract is set to expire in May, it will be their last comeback as a full group."
T-ara, a veteran 2nd generation girl group, debuted in 2009, establishing their place in the industry with hits like "Bo Peep Bo Peep", "Roly Poly", "Lovey Dovey", and more. Their final promotions as a group under MBK will be their domestic comeback in May, followed by a series of domestic and overseas comeback activities.

Rumored that Soyeon and Boram are the two that will be leaving after this.

Pendulum

last as 6.

dani-t-ara.gif

This is a coping mechanism :(

---

[MV] Cao Lu(차오루), Kisum(키썸), Yerin(예린) _ Spring again(왜 또 봄이야)

Apple Music has more kpop selection that Spotify, but apparently Spotify is better for music discovery. Also, I've never used Apple Music, but I don't know if it works offline.
You can download music to your device to play offline.

There is a Kpop radio station on Apple Music, I skipped through it, here's what it played:

Big Bang - Last Dance
Pentagon - Gorilla
Girls Day - Something
Kwanghee & Gaeko - Your Night
NCT Dream - My First and Last
GOT7 - Hard Carry
BTS - Blood Sweat & Tears
Red Velvet - Rookie
Soyou - I Miss You
2lson - The Lady (ft. Bumkey & Dok2)
BTS - Fire
Big Bang - FXXK IT
BTOB - Movie
Zion.T - The Song
Chanyeol & Punch - Stay With Me
EXO - Monster
2NE1 - Come Back Home
KARD - Oh NaNa

This is now my Spring SOTY lol.

I really love sweet sounding songs with petty lyrics haha.

You can download music to your device to play offline.

There is a Kpop radio station on Apple Music, I skipped through it, here's what it played:

Big Bang - Last Dance
Pentagon - Gorilla
Girls Day - Something
Kwanghee & Gaeko - Your Night
NCT Dream - My First and Last
GOT7 - Hard Carry
BTS - Blood Sweat & Tears
Red Velvet - Rookie
Soyou - I Miss You
2lson - The Lady (ft. Bumkey & Dok2)
BTS - Fire
Big Bang - FXXK IT
BTOB - Movie
Zion.T - The Song
Chanyeol & Punch - Stay With Me
EXO - Monster
2NE1 - Come Back Home
KARD - Oh NaNa

That doesn't sound too bad actually.

I'm not sure how that XM Radio works but for about 2 hours it just played the Goblin OST, like one non-Goblin song then a Goblin song and vice versa. Then after that, it went through the Infinite Challenge Korean History Rap collection in the same pattern as above. It's kinda weird if your super familiar to K-Pop but it's not really a detraction either.

Here's a couple of the songs XM Radio played that I liked and didn't recognize:

Park Kyung - When I'm With You
Loco - Still
Kwon Jin-ah - The end
AKMU - Reality

Does Apple Music still have their free 3 month trial? I might subscribe to it just to check it out now... Spotify is great for music discovery if you actually spend time to look through an artists catalog which is fine. The radio option on the other hand is garbage...

llehuty

Sounds like bullshit media play. Like now they are making bank in China and that the Determinationgate was cleared they would kill the group. And ok for Soyeon, maybe she could find success elsewhere, but Boram? LMAO

Sounds like bullshit media play. Like now they are making bank in China and that the Determinationgate was cleared they would kill the group. And ok for Soyeon, maybe she could find success elsewhere, but Boram? LMAO
Couple that with the fact MBK has no other moneymaking groups other than them right now and it's a pretty hard rumor to believe.

llehuty

Soyeon has been counting down to this day for years.

A shame really, when T-ara debuted I was totally in love with her voice. In the early days she would sing solo OST tracks and do collaborations. Then at some point she just gave up, stopped singing live and stuff. I don't know what happened, I guess she lost her passion.

--R

Banned
This is now my Spring SOTY lol.

I really love sweet sounding songs with petty lyrics haha.

That doesn't sound too bad actually.

I'm not sure how that XM Radio works but for about 2 hours it just played the Goblin OST, like one non-Goblin song then a Goblin song and vice versa. Then after that, it went through the Infinite Challenge Korean History Rap collection in the same pattern as above. It's kinda weird if your super familiar to K-Pop but it's not really a detraction either.

Here's a couple of the songs XM Radio played that I liked and didn't recognize:

Park Kyung - When I'm With You
Loco - Still
Kwon Jin-ah - The end
AKMU - Reality

Does Apple Music still have their free 3 month trial? I might subscribe to it just to check it out now... Spotify is great for music discovery if you actually spend time to look through an artists catalog which is fine. The radio option on the other hand is garbage...

Yeah, they still have the 3 month trial. I've been using Apple Music and both the radio and the music discovery are pretty good imo.

broz0rs

Soyeon has been counting down to this day for years.

A shame really, when T-ara debuted I was totally in love with her voice. In the early days she would sing solo OST tracks and do collaborations. Then at some point she just gave up, stopped singing live and stuff. I don't know what happened, I guess she lost her passion.

Agreed. Soyeon was the main reason I liked T-ara. She was hot fire in TTL.

Kazzy

Too much botox and shit these days. She's definitely fallen far. I assume we'll have another poll when their comeback rolls around. I expect to see her popularity crumble like it did in the 2nd one.

Let's be honest, the same case could be made for almost anyone.

It's known that SM doesn't care about F(x) and they, probably, are delaying their comeback. I wouldn't be surprised if they disband this year, tbh.

Yeah, it's felt that way, for what feels like the longest time. It feels like it's a crushing inevitability, but I will stay play ignorant for as long as I can...

--------------------

I was packing and flying back from Korea, so kind of missed out on everything (bar the impeachment trial), so it's time again that I'm asking this thread to do me a solid. What have I missed?

llehuty

I was packing and flying back from Korea, so kind of missed out on everything (bar the impeachment trial), so it's time again that I'm asking this thread to do me a solid. What have I missed?

So, since the last time you posted in this thread (11th of February):

Just ordered by date, some of them are there because I think they are good releases, others are there just because of the name they are attached to.

Incoming comebacks:
Girl's Day
Oh My Girl
Dreamcatcher
T-ara (could be the final one as them as 6)
Pristin debut

Some random news:
Twice is going viral in Japan and will debut over there soon.
Crime Scene Season 3 is happening.
Sulli and Choiza broke up.
Baek Yerin is awesome

Kazzy

So, since the last time you posted in this thread (11th of February):

*Awesome Post

giphy.gif

Jeez, it's been a while!

Yeah, if I'm not posting in the thread, I'm generally not listening to anything!

Will try and listen to this in a timely manner and then report back. Thanks again, IIehuty! I was going to directly ask you for this, but I didn't want to presume!

llehuty

giphy.gif

Jeez, it's been a while!

Yeah, if I'm not posting in the thread, I'm generally not listening to anything!

Will try and listen to this in a timely manner and then report back. Thanks again, IIehuty! I was going to directly ask you for this, but I didn't want to presume!

You are welcome,
anything to procrastinate, lol.

And I know for a fact that Ashong will show up in a couple of months asking what's new, so I have already part of the job done, lol

Top Bottom