• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Cuddler

[STATION] UV X 신동_Marry Man_Music Video

The song is whatever but I love the outfits, especially when they're doing that synchronized running thing.
Video is funny, Shindong looks good and the song is ok, it definitively has that 80s Kpop feel. I actually would have liked something similar to this, but it wasn't probably the right season. Thanks to the SUV song I found out about Sobangcha, I was surprised to see that even 80s Kpop groups had chubby members, probably not as hated as today. Anyway, Shindong also directed the MV for the solo debut of Coco from CocoSori:
[Official MV] Coco "Wishy Washy"
Song is nice imo.
But more importantly:
https://twitter.com/eunhae_sjbabies/status/868819910209568768
Nice words from the two girls and nice to see him agreeing with them.
not that it changed anything for the people that hate him since they don't even know about this video.
So i'm a budding Kpop (R&B) fan.

I was wondering if anybody can help me out with finding similar sounding artist.

I found out about Hoody (후디) , and 샛별 (Satbyeol) and I love their sound. Anybody know any similar sounding female/male artist?

I found out about this artist named BONI(보니) through a song named Strawberry. It's funny that I liked the live version better then the album version
Not sure how similar they are to the artists you posted but if you like R&B.
투빅 2BiC - 니가 그리워 Missing you (with 케이시 Kassy) Official M/V
2BIC Lady Lady (feat 79)
2BiC(투빅) _ LOVE AGAIN (feat.Ailee) MV
Pops in Seoul _ 2BiC(투빅) _ Your Eyes, Nose and Lips(니 눈 니 코 니 입술) _ LIVE
MV] JiHwan(지환) (2BiC(투빅)) _ Hug Me(꽉 안아줄래)
[MV] Kim Greem(김그림) _ Just the two of us(우리만 있어) feat. 2BiC JiHwan

The mirrorball music channel recently published a video with a lot of R&B songs:
PLAYLIST | '내 마음속에 저장'을 부르는 감각적인 국내 R&B / Soul

llehuty

boa-1038x1038.jpg
I don't think it was posted before. I need a release date already!

[MV] 버뮤다 (VERMUDA) "Triangle" - Dream Girl
This boy group debut is good. I really like how plenty of rookie groups are jumping directly to classy, mature sounds/concepts, leaving behind that wave of tryhard groups trying to be the new Big Bang.

edit: I'm kind of sad that Ren left NU'EST. At least we get to see them come back once more.

What? But Pledis just announced today that the 4 of them that didn't get into Wanna One will promote as NU'EST this year...

Pendulum

Chungha on After School Club at the moment. I'm going to have to dive into this cringe to get my Chungha (and her speaking English) fix :/

Chungha on After School Club at the moment. I'm going to have to dive into this cringe to get my Chungha (and her speaking English) fix :/

I'm supposed to be in bed by now but I'm staying up to watch this mess lol.

Who are the MC's of this mess? I recognize Jimin from 15& and apparently the dude with the glasses is from Day6?

So far though, the fan parts are the only cringy parts imo... the rest has been typical of these shows.

- Listen to Gugudan

- Campaign for Sejeong - Mimi - Hana subunit to become a thing
Maknae can join too, if they need more dance talent

- Take bets on whether Loona debut before Bestie "comeback," or Exo cba to release another good album

R1920x0

That ASC wasn't too bad, I've seen much worse... though it probably helps that Chungha was the guest not anybody else lol.

·feist·;241292433 said:

Can I get a who's who?

I need the deets the one with the black cardigan and white top, and both the ones with the black top and Converse and the Nikes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All you need to know is Kim Sejeong is the relevant one and one of the best things in kpop rn.

·feist·;241292433 said:
- Listen to Gugudan

- Campaign for Sejeong - Mimi - Hana subunit to become a thing

Fuck campaigning. I'd sacrifice entire villages for this subunit.

Can I get a who's who?

I need the deets the one with the black cardigan and white top, and both the ones with the black top and Converse and the Nikes.

The one with the black cardigan and white top is Hana. 2nd oldest and the leader.
Black top and Converse is Soyi I think. One of the main vocals.
Black top and Nike is Kim Nayoung (not to be confused with the superior Im Nayoung). 14th place in P101.

Regular jeans is Mimi. The oldest.
Red and blue jeans is Sejeong. One of the main vocals. 2nd place in P101.
Pure black with white shoes I can't remember the name of. Another main vocal.
White top is Sally. Chinese.
Pink is Mina. 9th(?) place on P101.
Red and black top is Hyeyeon. Maknae, main dancer(?).

Initial tier list is as follows:

Tier 1
Sejeong
Hana
Mimi

Tier 2
Sally
Nayoung
Mina

Tier 3
Soyi
Hyeyeon
Last member

[ENG SUB] Gugudan School Trip

llehuty

Rumours of Red Velvet comeback around the corner (hair colour change, schedule gaps, etc).
I still need more info on BoA's comeback, though.

And Brave is going to debut Samuel (part of Seventeen pre debut, #18 in Produce 101) as a solo artist this year, which seems completely stupid. He is main dancer material in a medium sized boy group, not more than that.

And keeping the talk of Produce 101, seems like Pledis striked gold again, with NU'EST is climbing the charts with some of their old material and they are having re-stock of their albums. I'm wondering if they will try with what remains of After School in Produce 301: Electric Boogaloo.

All you need to know is Kim Sejeong is the relevant one and one of the best things in kpop rn.

Oh yeah I've been on the God Sejeong train since the beginning of the year, it's one of the reasons why I even bothered to pay attention to their comeback.

And I'm glad I did coz A Girl Like Me is one of the better songs of 2017.

The one with the black cardigan and white top is Hana. 2nd oldest and the leader.
Black top and Converse is Soyi I think. One of the main vocals.
Black top and Nike is Kim Nayoung (not to be confused with the superior Im Nayoung). 14th place in P101.

Regular jeans is Mimi. The oldest.
Red and blue jeans is Sejeong. One of the main vocals. 2nd place in P101.
Pure black with white shoes I can't remember the name of. Another main vocal.
White top is Sally. Chinese.
Pink is Mina. 9th(?) place on P101.
Red and black top is Hyeyeon. Maknae, main dancer(?).

Initial tier list is as follows:

Tier 1
Sejeong
Hana
Mimi

Tier 2
Sally
Nayoung
Mina

Tier 3
Soyi
Hyeyeon
Last member

[ENG SUB] Gugudan School Trip

Thanks for the deets!

Besides Sejeong I recognize Mina as well mostly coz of IOI.

Is that TV show sorta like their own version of Showtime/One Fine Day? I'm in if that's the case.

Anyway Hana is definitely top tier. That's where my eyes went first the moment I opened the video lol.

I enjoy this new album by solo singer Dia: 디아(DIA) - Stardust

It's got some nice tracks:
U.F.O
안녕
Paradise (this is a slightly new version of a song which she released a few years ago which I absolutely LOVE)

Which brings me to another group I came across which are going full Il Divo style popera in kpop. They covered 'Paradise' but I only saw this teaser. I wish to see a good performance because I'm intrigued by their vocals. There's one fancam but the audio is so bad. They added a bunch of drama to the song though.

llehuty

Which brings me to another group I came across which are going full Il Divo style popera in kpop. They covered 'Paradise' but I only saw this teaser. I wish to see a good performance because I'm intrigued by their vocals. There's one fancam but the audio is so bad. They added a bunch of drama to the song though.
Is opera going to be a new trend in kpop? Starship also debuted a duo called Duetto just last month.

[MV] 듀에토(백인태, 유슬기)-그리움 끝에(Yearnings)

Doul

Neo Member
Mijoo. This generation's Yura.

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

And keeping the talk of Produce 101, seems like Pledis striked gold again, with NU'EST is climbing the charts with some of their old material and they are having re-stock of their albums. I'm wondering if they will try with what remains of After School in Produce 301: Electric Boogaloo.
Few things would be more embarrassing, demeaning and unnecessarily cruel.

The importance of music show wins and all but fuck that because T-ara just won for the 1st time in 5 years and there are tears for us to cry
Years of their lives they will never get back.

Years of harsh treatment and being effectively stonewalled in their home country. Media and fans alike doing little to actually investigate or question the veracity of the claims that lead to T-ara's downfall.

Years of being largely hindered from doing what you love, during your personal and creative prime. Being met by massive black ocean responses from former fans at the few South Korean performances they still had at the time. You can't account for the toll that takes on a person's friendships, personal life, career and general well being. To say nothing of tension within the group and eventual departures of key members.

It's a period in which T-ara have never recovered from.

This could have all been avoided.

That's all without also factoring in the treatment they received from KKS and other handlers from within their company during the group's successful years.

Again:

·feist·;237621723 said:
DSP and other companies have had some truly awful stretches along the way combined with shite decision-making.

Still.. please find me another K-Pop agency as consistently garbage-tier as CCM/MBK. KKS even looks like your standard fare movie villain, no additional makeup or wardrobe required.

Pendulum

Show with idols doing ASMR
This one features Sejeong and 2 other gugudan girls and has a few funny moments.

QBbRvR7.gif

---

So my fiance is taking me/forcing me to go to a Twice concertat KCon this weekend, what am I in for.
A wonderful spouse

(In all seriousness, a bunch of hook-driven pop songs performed by the most popular Korean girl group at the moment. They've got 5 singles you might feel like listening/watching beforehand - Like Ooh-Ahh / Cheer Up / TT / Knock Knock / Signal
Here is Twice at KCON in LA last year to give you an idea of the type of crowd )

llehuty

Sounds like a Wa$$up song.

7 girl crush style girls?!

Jesus fncking Christ... how?!?!

How the hell can you find somebody better than Kim Lip?!?!?!
How do we know they are better than Kim Lip?

I'm not liking how they seem uncomfortable around each other. I guess it must be the consequences of the tiered debut.

Sounds like a Wa$$up song.

How do we know they are better than Kim Lip?

I'm not liking how they seem uncomfortable around each other. I guess it must be the consequences of the tiered debut.

Wa$$up?

3981533-6503022817-39686.gif

Anyway, that's actually a good point but every LOONA stan seems to think each debut unveils a member better than before so who knows.

Kinda agree to your last point though. What if those girls are actually the top of LOONA and BBC debuted them the opposite way instead? That shit would break the internet lolol.

llehuty

Kinda agree to your last point though. What if those girls are actually the top of LOONA and BBC debuted them the opposite way instead? That shit would break the internet lolol.
They actually revealed that it was according to a evaluation. Haseul was supposed to have a better ranking but she screwed up in her evaluation performance or something.

Top Bottom