• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Oh, I misunderstood xD
Maybe there's already one, but only see an IRC in the OP.

yesh, i saw the irc but im more familiar with discord, cuz there voice chat capability and everything :>

mibbit layout is also kinda clunky, discord is sleeker ... but i guess i'll check the irc out soon ^___^

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone else here at the actual Melon Music Awards? I love how they're playing a ton of commercials at this event. I really want Kyochon now.

llehuty

I will be out during the whole day, I would like a list with all the highlights on my desk posted in this thread tomorrow morning, thanks.

i bet the important ones are going to come at the end of the show .___.

...dont you guys have discord channel for KPopGAF~
Nope, can you give me the link?
The images in this thread's OP are clickable:

85Sils3.jpg
Hk7bfyl.jpg
6cfZk0C.jpg
r5FZ5Jp.jpg

https://client02.chat.mibbit.com/#kpop-gaf@irc.gccafe.com

·feist· best poster on neogaf.
R1920x0

161119 BLACKPINK - Red Carpet @ MelOn Music Awards
161119 BLACK PINK 블랙 핑크 Best New Artist @ Melon Music Awards 2016

161119 BLACKPINK - Intro + Whistle + Play With Fire @ MelOn Music Awards

60fps/1080p —— 161119 블랙핑크 (BLACKPINK) - 휘파람(WHISTLE) [전체] 직캠 Fancam (2016 멜론 뮤직 어워드) by Mera

4K —— 161119 BLACK PINK 휘파란 Whistle Melon Music Awards

[4K] 161119 블랙핑크 BLACKPINK 휘파람 WHISTLE @ 멜론뮤직어워드 By Sleeppage

60fps/1080p —— 161119 블랙핑크 (BLACKPINK) - 불장난(PLAYING WITH FIRE) [전체] 직캠 Fancam (2016 멜론 뮤직 어워드) by Mera

4K —— 161119 BLACK PINK 불장난 Playing With Fire Melon Music Awards

[4K] 161119 블랙핑크 BLACKPINK 불장난 PLAYING WITH FIRE @ 멜론뮤직어워드 By Sleeppage

R1920x0

161119 블랙핑크 (BLACKPINK) - 불장난(PLAYING WITH FIRE) [리사] LISA직캠 Fancam (2016 멜론 뮤직 어워드) by Mera
161119 블랙핑크 BLACKPINK 불장난 PLAYING WITH FIRE 리사 LISA @ 멜론뮤직어워드 By Sleeppage

161119 블랙핑크 (BLACKPINK) - 휘파람(WHISTLE) [리사] LISA직캠 Fancam (2016 멜론 뮤직 어워드) by Mera
161119 블랙핑크 BLACKPINK 휘파람 WHISTLE 리사 LISA @ 멜론뮤직어워드 By Sleeppage

Drummond

Neo Member
It hurts me to say, but the Twice performance was really bad, singing wise. Microphones were terrible and most of the girls weren't in sync with the music. Dahyun's mic even quit at the end of TT. If you compare that to GFriend's performance, damn. Their performance was really really good, I love how they don't need backing tracks. And all that while their choreo is still on point as well.

Edit: Video of GFriend's performance because we all love videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1YJJuqlRCw

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
It hurts me to say, but the Twice performance was really bad, singing wise. Microphones were terrible and most of the girls weren't in sync with the music. Dahyun's mic even quit at the end of TT. If you compare that to GFriend's performance, damn. Their performance was really really good, I love how they don't need backing tracks. And all that while their choreo is still on point as well.
Aren't all Twice's performances like that though?

Bowlie

Banned

Yeah, I was thinking the same while I was watching it. Voices were all over the place, verses no one was singing, bad mics and synchronization. Their performance on Music Core, with the "dance break", was much better!

And then Yuju started with Navillera and I thought "now this is interesting".

luso

GFriend was > Twice

Let's face it, if I.O.I. was a regular group instead of a temporary one, they would win rookie awards as much as BlackPink.

Pendulum

I will be out during the whole day, I would like a list with all the highlights on my desk posted in this thread tomorrow morning, thanks.

I know you're going to watch it all anyway, so here you go:
BewhY - Dejavu + Day By Day
10cm - What The Spring?
Seventeen - Intro + Very Nice
MAMAMOO - You're The Best + Décalcomanie
w/ Pinky Cheeks
BLACKPINK - Intro + Whistle + Playing With Fire
Jung Eunji - Hopefully Sky
Red Velvet - Russian Roulette
I.O.I - Intro + Very Very Very + Dream Girls
iKON - Holup! + SINOSIJAK + Dumb and Dumber
Twice - Cheer Up + TT
Zico - I Am You, You Are Me + Boys And Girls + Yes or No
GFriend - Navillera + Rough
BTS - Blood Sweat & Tears + Fire
SECHSKIES - Comeback + Three Words + Couple
EXO - Intro (Growl + Overdose + Call Me Baby) + MONSTER

You all know I enjoy Twice, but the quality of that performance was like
Loved their (and BTS') winning reactions

Yuju further cements her position as best GFriend.

edit: I just noticed that in the zoomed out shot between Black Pink's Whistle and Playing With Fire, you can already see BP in their 2nd wardrobe change whilst standing in the Whistle end position.

---

The Heechul x Kyung Hoon MV is awesome. If someone watches 'Knowing Bros' I can assure you're in for a good time. The song is pretty good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbVVlqrreE

MV Of The Year.
That text on the desk at the end fucking lol

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I'll be watching the MAMA awards.. that one is always my favorite. I'm pretty surprised at how much better the Melon awards seemed/looked. I always thought their shows were kinda watered down compared to SBS/MBC/KBS/Mnet.

Ym1r

Watching 'A Moment to Remember' again, the best Korean movie ever made.

Son Ye Jin is god damn gorgeous. Forgot how pretty she is.

Ym1r

SYJ best noona

Speaking of Noonas, these days I've been helping out a 27 year old noona with her english and I think I've fallen in love with her. Possibly the most adorable girl I've ever met in my life.

I dedicated this song to my girlfriend G.O.D. 2 love (not the MV cause its 2 dudes and 1 girl)

llehuty

I know you're going to watch it all anyway, so here you go
lol, I only watched Black Pink, Twice, I.O.I and Gfriend, why would I watch all of that having the choice?

Gfriend and I.O.I were good, and can we sacrifice Twice, Red Velvet and Blackpink so that I.O.I can live?. Group is so OP. Looking forward to what mnet will have in store for MAMA, I.O.I should blow it up there.

Loci

Yuju further cements her position as best GFriend.
Award for the worst styling goes to RV's styling team, yet again.

Black Pink really shined this show, so good. Lisa especially, always with a big smile while effortlessly being on point with her moves.
Twice was bad.

BTS perf was so lit, damn. Stage was literally on fire.

Meanwhile EXO is busy grabbing their crotch over and over again. Was their performance after BTS got announced AOTY? Their performance was ..weak

ryan-ts

Speaking of Noonas, these days I've been helping out a 27 year old noona with her english and I think I've fallen in love with her. Possibly the most adorable girl I've ever met in my life.

Pretty sure I know your Noona.
Is this her?

New JeA? I'll take it.

Cuddler

Noted! Although I struggle to pin down the genre sometimes. I listen to a lot of music, but is quite eclectic, so I don't really have a deep knowledge of genres, just stuff that pleases my ear.

Ashmute (애쉬뮤트) - Heaven
Really atmospheric production matching some decent vocals.
And I have no idea about the genre, sorry Cuddler :(
lol, I'm also not an expert, but this song is pretty good.
You could divide everything in two genres: girlgroups pop and others :p
The Heechul x Kyung Hoon MV is awesome. If someone watches 'Knowing Bros' I can assure you're in for a good time. The song is pretty good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbVVlqrreE
Hilarious MV and the song is not bad, of course Heechul goes from being prettier than girls to
be liked by guys.
Seems to be a possibly obvious consequence, lol. Song is number 1 on Melon, I'm not sure I will ever understand how charts works.

You probably already know this, but ti amo means I love you in Italian.

Counting down the days till IOI is finally over.

Pendulums been posting a couple of their training videos but seems like he has skipped some, so here's a complete list of the second round of practice videos, in order of newest to oldest:

Pinky & Seungyeon - Put your Records On & As Long As You Love Me
Kyungwon - Bye Bye My Blue
Yewon - When We Were Young
Kyla - Here
Siyeon - 100%
Seungyeon - 꿈에
Eunwoo - Fly
Minkyung - Lost Stars
Yebin - TiK ToK
Nayoung - Tears

My favorite is probably Yewons rendition of When We Were Young. Sounds better than the original imo.

As I've got some catching up to do, since I haven't been really following the scene for a few years before this summer, I finally got to Oh My Girl's 'Closer' and damn, that is an amazing song. I didn't really bother to listen to their songs, because I thought A-ing was a weird and bland track, but I think Closer is maybe one of the all time best in the genre. Probably have a lot more catching up to do, but it is really rewarding

That feeling when you realise you will never be able to experience Oh My Girl and Closer for the first time again, ever.

tumblr_np6d85zKaP1tkovj8o1_250.gif

Too bad Sujeong couldn't be there to carry them.

so everyone likes Stellar now?

Absolutely. Their song output these days is top tier. Shame on Koreans for not realising it. Another group with a similar turn around is Berry Good, They had a decent debut in 2014, before doing fuck all interesting in 2015 aside from member changes. They've really turned it around in 2016 with two of the best songs of the year, Angel and Don't Believe.

edit: In other news, seems like Lee Soomin of P101 may not be done with the industry as reported earlier.

llehuty

It hurts me to say, but the Twice performance was really bad, singing wise. Microphones were terrible and most of the girls weren't in sync with the music. Dahyun's mic even quit at the end of TT.
They are not?

TWICE (트와이스) - TT @인기가요 Inkigayo 20161113
뮤직뱅크 - [희망경주, 함께하는 대한민국] 트와이스 - TT.20161118
TWICE - TT, 트와이스 - 티티 Show Music core 20161119
TWICE (트와이스) - TT @인기가요 Inkigayo 20161120

And that's just fro last week. They are not the best live performers, but they give serviceable pefromances most of the time.

Also, I don't know since when youtube videos allow anyone to upload a custom subtitle track. While the idea is nice in paper, is just another type of ammo for fan wars.

Too bad Sujeong is in a group where all their releases are boring and she has to cover other girl group songs.

Top Bottom