• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kado: The Right Answer |OT| The Arrival of Childhood's End: Anime Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kado 07

"Humans spend a third of their day sleeping, if they didn't have to human productivity would go up by 1.5 times"

From which corner of your ass are you pulling this math mr government employee/author? Has there been a study done of people who don't need to sleep that showed productivity increase that much? Are we not sure that people as a whole might simply laze around more?

They're thinking this in a very Japanese fashion me thinks. Maybe in their extremely work centric culture it works. Closest to that is probably America, but you try telling employees that they not only now have to work for more than 8 hours a day, but also be more productive.

I will fucking riot.

Neoxon

I'm keeping up with the SimulDub on FunimationNow. So far, so good (especially with the gigantic fuck-you that Japan gave to the UN in Episode 5). As some of you have said, some of the VAs are newbies, but all of the casting choices fit pretty well.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
This is me, later.
Thanks.

Ending sequence... It's so japanese. Political plot into rage against the gods is a staple at this point, but we'll get some hype out of it.

How many episodes will this show have, and is it expected to end conclusively or will it be a "maybe you'll get another season someday (never) / read the source material" deal?

You sold me super hard with that OP and the first paragraph of Jarmel's post, but I avoid committing to shows that won't commit to an ending.

How many episodes will this show have, and is it expected to end conclusively or will it be a "maybe you'll get another season someday (never) / read the source material" deal?

You sold me super hard with that OP and the first paragraph of Jarmel's post, but I avoid committing to shows that won't commit to an ending.

You're joining the show when later episodes have made most of us turn on it lol

dickroach

I've got a higher tolerance for things that would make animeGAF turn on a show :p As long as a show starts strong and has a proper ending, I'm usually happy.

it hasn't gotten bad, it's just taken on a really different tone with this past episode. it looks like it's heading towards a proper ending imo

Waifu was the protector agent?!? Damn this is getting interesting. What happens now to beat evil dude ZaShunina?

Curious how he said 4 objects but only showed 3 all together. The Wam, Sansa and that new thing that I can't remember the name of.

Waifu was the protector agent?!? Damn this is getting interesting. What happens now to beat evil dude ZaShunina?

Curious how he said 4 objects but only showed 3 all together. The Wam, Sansa and that new thing that I can't remember the name of.

He only wants for humanity to produce information. He isn't that much evil.

yeah he's not evil as much as he doesn't understand human morals. In this case, he realized he fucked up and gave too much info to a key person he'll need for his goal.

Loona

The Kado itself counts too.

there's no way anyone saw this show going sooooooooooo far away from what it started as. it was so... grounded

Reminder that Gargantia was a show about a stranded sci-fi dude who was eons ahead of the people he met and was pretty much a huge slice of life up until the fish sticks came back to change that up.

Same guy from Gargantia is now on this show. What were you expecting?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Honestly it's one of the best answers i've ever seen at the "Why would aleins uplift your shitty civilization anyway", but it's still goddamn weird.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm on episode 11 right now, but I'll keep it brief:

The opening theme is dope.

The
twist reveal of Saraka
was lame as shit. Really wish the show didn't go in that direction and also all the human characters are flat or uninteresting. The show looks so much better when it's 2d, though the 3D occasionally has some moments/models that have polish they really should've just stuck with one style.

Oh and episode 10 could've worked as a totally ballsy ending.

duckroll

Just one more episode and all this pain and suffering ends. I hope by "negoitating" Shindo really means "bitchin' shounen brawl with superpowers" because at this point that's all that could salvage the ending.

Loona

Just one more episode and all this pain and suffering ends. I hope by "negoitating" Shindo really means "bitchin' shounen brawl with superpowers" because at this point that's all that could salvage the ending.

That'd probably undermine Kado's strong points...

I did like how the guys from episode 0 were made relevant again for the build-up to the ending, considering they seemed to be there mostly to establish a tone and show off Shindo's mindset and skills.

But if the ending doesn't work out, maybe it's not too late to make a Re:Creators OT instead to make up for it.

I don't see the point of keeping around his office friends if they were going to have such a minimal impact. The office ladys whole role in the show besides as a background character was to have unrequited feelings for the protagonist as she tells what's his face that she isn't good enough for him.

Duckroll is right after the turn of events 2 episodes ago the only thing that can make up for it is a massive Anime battle so I can at least laugh.

What a wasted opportunity. Say what you want about 91 days, but at least the team kept the low key American style mafia story the whole run.

dickroach

I didn't mind the last few episodes of this show

like, since the beginning, underneath the "how fast should humanity advance" layer, it was really about "what's zaShunina up to, and are they going to try and take him down if he's up to no good"
but I still don't get how Saraka turned out to be an anisotropic being when they clearly showed her backstory of being a little girl growing up in whatever small town

Loona

I didn't mind the last few episodes of this show

like, since the beginning, underneath the "how fast should humanity advance" layer, it was really about "what's zaShunina up to, and are they going to try and take him down if he's up to no good"
but I still don't get how Saraka turned out to be an anisotropic being when they clearly showed her backstory of being a little girl growing up in whatever small town

Didn't she basically encode her essence in an embryo or something to be able to live through a full human experience?

I'm surprised duckroll hasn't commented yet. Probably super impressed and has no words.

he finished it in the anime OT. It was just a bunch of gifs, seems to have implied he accepted it for what it was and was entertained at least.

I'm not recommending this show to anybody but I didn't hate my time with it.

Mossybrew

I have to say I really enjoyed the whole season, I don't feel let down at all as seems to be the overall feeling here. Unique and unpredictable story.

duckroll

I'm surprised duckroll hasn't commented yet. Probably super impressed and has no words.

Well...

Kado - The Right Answer - Episode 13 (End)

vIWsY62.gif

5XtQQiM.gif

X0qYC8f.gif

ca12T6l.gif

Kworn

Banned
This show is just way too dumb at this point. This isn't how science works. This isn't how dimensions work. You can't just learn how to make dimensional portals out of ordinary paper by looking at advanced alien technology for a couple of hours. And if you could, what was even the point of all this? Why did zaShunina spend days making the bloody things if you can just fold up some paper and get the same thing in minutes? Why not just show people how to make the bloody things themselves? Surely he knows how they work, seeing as a human scientist managed to figure it out in a couple of hours just by looking at them (she didn't even use any equipment! She just looked at the things really hard). It's hard to take a sci-fi show seriously when it treats science like this.

And the subtle nationalism is getting a bit annoying. Oh no, we can't hand over the Wam to other countries because they will surely only use them only for their own gain. Not Japan though, Japan would definitely use them for the good of all mankind, no questions asked. When you're trying to have a story focused on international politics, such a rose colored, simplistic view just isn't very interesting.

This is a good show but this SO much.

Paper Wams lol

AHK_Hero

Just finished the show. Felt like some really great ideas were derailed by established anime tropes, but ultimately the ending redeemed the show and made it worth watching.

First of all, I absolutely hate CG in anime and this show certainly didn't change my opinion on that. The characters are wooden and lifeless as hell. The switches between 2D and 3D are incredibly jarring, but ultimately the plot kept me interested enough to press on.

In my opinion the best part of the show was exploring how human society would react to the introduction of infinite free energy and other alien technology. The Wam was an absolutely fascinating plot device, and it felt realistic that major players on the world stage would react to it with hostility, even with all the good it could do.

What I didn't like however, was the way the plot deviated to an almost shounen style good vs evil, with the political intrigue and real world conflicts taking a back seat. I felt like the ideas of human institutions coping with alien concepts was interesting enough and could have carried the whole show. But since they decided to go in that direction, I feel like they left too many unanswered questions about what the hell Sayaka is now exactly. But all in all the ending took things so far and was so unexpected, that it left me with a good impression in the end.

6/10 ( Would be a 7 but minus a point because the CG is awful)

Pros:
- Watching how humanity would handle working with an alien

Cons:
- Space sword
- Japan are the good guys
- Teen Gohan raised in hyperbolic time chamber
- 3D
- Not enough seeing the day-to-day effects of advanced alien tech in society
- Not enough actual romance as opposed to "waifu" stuff

Even with the sudden "shounen" vibe I still enjoyed watching it. The cons are things I think could've been addressed had the show had 20-something episodes instead of 13. Overall I'd give it a C

i-Jest

I hear good things about this show on Youtube, gonna give it a chance. It looks really good from what I seen and heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom