• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis - Free DLC/new screens/latest trailer + opening

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
CbqYFAFUkAEBrHx.jpg

Ah, they DO have a villain for Drive. Good, good.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We're a few days out from release. Anyone want to volunteer for the OT?

Alternatively we can all just be lazy shits and keep using this thread, because let's face it, nobody on GAF who hasn't already posted in here actually cares about this game. :lol

We should probably have an OT though.

I'd do it, but I'm still a junior member. I'll be creating tons of video content for the game once it releases, though. Just waiting on someone to post about the performance and load times before I spend the money.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It sounds like a few people on 2ch are getting ahold of the game. Not a ton of info so far, save for the PS4 install sizes:

Normal Edition: 3630 MB
Premium Edition: 3740 MB

So still a small game, as expected.

It sounds like a few people on 2ch are getting ahold of the game. Not a ton of info so far, save for the PS4 install sizes:

Normal Edition: 3630 MB
Premium Edition: 3740 MB

So still a small game, as expected.

Any information on performance and loading times yet? That's the only thing I need to hear before I spend my yen on it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So I remember them saying the game was gonna feature the "first episode" of each series as Missions---guess though they might be bumping up things for certain series. We see Kuuga fighting the Bat Grongi in the church, but I guess they felt Drive fighting basic Roidmude grunts wouldn't be as cool so they went with what appears to be the first Heart fight. Unless that's meant to be the final fight and they didn't bother to make him gold.

Nothing yet, and to be honest I'm doubting the accuracy of those PS4 install sizes. That's roughly the same size as Battride II was on PS3.

Even for a small game, increasing the assets to 1080p would add quite a bit to the overall file size. I hope someone attempts to inform us and/or streams about the performance soon.

I'll be streaming the game when I get it, which should be whenever it's added to the Japanese PSN store.

The new riders look great, for the most part. Zeronos looks pretty boring in that footage, though.

Where is the 2ch thread? I'm hoping they start talking about the load times/framerate soon.

Watch Da Birdie

Just got my AmiAmi invoice. Awwww yeah now the waiting begins!

EDIT: And Dengeki just uploaded another video, this time showing off Eternal, Gatack, Kaixa, Zeronos, and Mach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdLJOdB7VUA

Thanks for posting this since I just noticed my AmiAmi order invoice got sent to my Clutter folder. But fixed things up and the wait begins for me as well...wonder how long it'll be? Hoping to get it by next week as I'm off work.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks for posting this since I just noticed my AmiAmi order invoice got sent to my Clutter folder. But fixed things up and the wait begins for me as well...wonder how long it'll be? Hoping to get it by next week as I'm off work.

When I got the first Battride from AmiAmi, it shipped on the 23rd and got here on the 25th (and I live in Ohio, so about as far from Japan as you can get). So I'm expecting it to be pretty quick. Hopefully by Saturday.

delSai

My copy might arrive 2 weeks after launch. Oh well, more time to watch the show and catch up.

I'd do it, but I'm still a junior member. I'll be creating tons of video content for the game once it releases, though. Just waiting on someone to post about the performance and load times before I spend the money.
You could make the OT and then PM it to someone who can open threads. You would get all the credit of course.

I might do that, but I imagine someone else will instead, which would be ideal.

Is this coming out digitally or not? I put 8000 yen on my account but I'm nervous they'll pull a fast one and make it physical only.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I might do that, but I imagine someone else will instead, which would be ideal.

Is this coming out digitally or not? I put 8000 yen on my account but I'm nervous they'll pull a fast one and make it physical only.

It probably will. Battride II did, after all. I think JPSN just doesn't really do preorders like the rest of the world.

Snaku

Banned

I'm banking on a digital release too. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Was the TV Sound edition of BW2 sold on PSN?

Were you able to make any sense of the stuff they were mentioning about the framerate? It seems like some were saying it was 60 and others were saying it was 30. It's hard to believe them without concrete evidence, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Were you able to make any sense of the stuff they were mentioning about the framerate? It seems like some were saying it was 60 and others were saying it was 30. It's hard to believe them without concrete evidence, though.

Not really. It seems like they're saying 30, but like you, I'm gonna hold out for concrete evidence.

I wish someone would say something about streaming, though.

It could go either way, and chances are they're talking about the PS3 version. The last game ran at an uncapped framerate, but struggled to maintain 30, let alone 60. Perhaps the engine wasn't able to maintain 60, so they may have capped it at 30 even on PS4. That would still be an upgrade over the way it was before; having it be at 60 for menus, transformation cutscenes and blank rooms only to have it go to 25 for any actual combat was far too jarring.

In terms of the Share button, I wouldn't count on full functionality. Chances are the cutscenes and/or licensed music will be blocked on the TV Sound edition. It will probably be one of those games that can only be recorded properly with an actual capture card.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looking at the trophy list, it's largely the same as last time. There's a few interesting ones, though.

- One for clearing the final stage on HELL difficulty.
- One for clearing the final stage with Hongo and never transforming
- One for driving 3000 total meters in Tridoron
- One for maxing out the level of nine different Riders
- One for skipping any cutscene aside from the opening (weird, hah)
- One for clearing a mission without taking any damage
- One for collecting all the figures (same as last time, will probably be the most time consuming)
- One for clearing every stage with a B rank or better (also pretty time consuming)
- One for form changing 1000 times

Also, I'm watching a stream on Nico, and can confirm a couple things:

- Streaming only works in Timed Survival mode, not Story or Free (not sure if the Premium Edition affects this)
- Load times on PS4 are SUPER FAST. Seriously, only a few seconds.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

That was two hours ago, it's over now.

Though if you have a JPSN account and a PS4, you can start up Live From Playstation and check to see if anyone's streaming on Nico now (or on Twitch from a US/EU account, but there's way more Japanese streamers on Nico, obviously).

That was two hours ago, it's over now.

Though if you have a JPSN account and a PS4, you can start up Live From Playstation and check to see if anyone's streaming on Nico now (or on Twitch from a US/EU account, but there's way more Japanese streamers on Nico, obviously).

I'm at work T_T

Watch Da Birdie

Hope the PS3 version is decent...

I'm really thinking of switching to the PS4 now that all the anime games are jumping ship.

The game should be on the PSN in a few hours. It's been hard to tell what the performance is like on PS4, though. The few videos that are on Youtube show a rather choppy framerate, but it looked relatively smooth on a stream I watched this morning despite being 30 FPS. Chances are it's either 60 like we want, or capped 30. Capping it at 30 would be an improvement over the way it was before, honestly.

Snaku

Banned
It's up on PSN, standard version only. Ugh. I've been digital only this whole generation and now I've gotta import the physical version of this because lol fuck you? I'll just wait for a price drop on the tv sound edition I guess, seeing how I missed the preorder bonus anyway.

The game is 30FPS on PS4. I have to admit I'm disappointed since I bought a PS4 this month just for this game. I hope they're open to patching it or something, as there's no reason why the PS4 couldn't handle it at 60. The game is fun, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's up on PSN, standard version only. Ugh. I've been digital only this whole generation and now I've gotta import the physical version of this because lol fuck you? I'll just wait for a price drop on the tv sound edition I guess, seeing how I missed the preorder bonus anyway.

BW2's Premium Edition didn't get a digital release, either. I'm assuming it has something to do with licensing and creating demand (the Premium versions are only produced for ~2 months after launch, digital versions would make that kinda pointless I guess).

The game is 30FPS on PS4. I have to admit I'm disappointed since I bought a PS4 this month just for this game. I hope they're open to patching it or something, as there's no reason why the PS4 couldn't handle it at 60. The game is fun, though.

Yeah, it's a damn shame it's not 60 FPS. There really is no excuse for it, especially if Sandlot can get EDF running at 60 (...most of the time) on PS4. I would love to see a performance patch, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Regardless of what a lot of the western fandom thinks, Kamen Rider is a kids show, and the primary audience for these games is people who are too young to know what 60 FPS even means. The target audience, by and large, kinda doesn't care about performance, as long as the game is fun. And it is, so that's good.

BW2's Premium Edition didn't get a digital release, either. I'm assuming it has something to do with licensing and creating demand (the Premium versions are only produced for ~2 months after launch, digital versions would make that kinda pointless I guess).

Yeah, it's a damn shame it's not 60 FPS. There really is no excuse for it, especially if Sandlot can get EDF running at 60 (...most of the time) on PS4. I would love to see a performance patch, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Regardless of what a lot of the western fandom thinks, Kamen Rider is a kids show, and the primary audience for these games is people who are too young to know what 60 FPS even means. The target audience, by and large, kinda doesn't care about performance, as long as the game is fun. And it is, so that's good.

That may be true, but I can't help but feel a bit gypped that I bought it on PS4 and it's basically an upscaled PS3 game. So far the game is fun, though. The loading being super fast means that getting 100% will actually be feasible. I also feel like this game is aimed at adult fans as well. There would be no reason to hire the original actors back to voice their characters if the target audience was 5 year olds. They make the currently airing playable rider super easy to play for the kids, but the fansservice and returning actors is obviously in there to please older fans.

Is there anyone who's going to be translating the figure effects?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That may be true, but I can't help but feel a bit gypped that I bought it on PS4 and it's basically an upscaled PS3 game. So far the game is fun, though. The loading being super fast means that getting 100% will actually be feasible. I also feel like this game is aimed at adult fans as well. There would be no reason to hire the original actors back to voice their characters if the target audience was 5 year olds. They make the currently airing playable rider super easy to play for the kids, but the fansservice and returning actors is obviously in there to please older fans.

Is there anyone who's going to be translating the figure effects?

Yeah, you're right about the target audience thing. Being in the KR fandom for so long (10+ years now), I've seen so much of the "Kamen Rider is dark and mature and for adults!" that it gets to me every now and then. The game's definitely for both audiences.

As for the translation thing, as far as I know all the figures that are returning from the previous game have the same effects they always did, in which case you could just use the translation guide on GameFAQs or the one on the Battride War Wiki (which I will not-so-humbly point out that I am responsible for >.>).

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently only a handful of Riders get "Origin" stages based on their first episode such as Rider 1, Kuuga, W, and Drive...W's is apparently Begins Night which seems like it'll be fun.

Guess everyone else might just re-use the scenario episodes from I and II---wonder if the other Showa Riders though will have any stages?

BTA

Just checked the streams on Ps4 where the game was listed as "Masked Rider Battride War Legend". Weird.

I remember that the first one displayed an English title (I think there were two different ones, actually; one had "Battlide" IIRC) on my PS3 somewhere, so I'm not surprised that it happens on the PS4 too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If there's one thing I'm disappointed about with Genesis, more than anything else? It's that they're re-using all the old music from BW2. Was kinda hoping for all new music. They replaced all the old stages from the first two games, but the old music is still there to remind me how disappointing of a sequel BW2 was.

Here's some tidbits from last night's 4-5 hour session.

- Wizard and Gaim are much more fun to play than they were before. Jimber Lemon is now a form with a full moveset, and Wizard got fully playable Dragon forms. The end of the S string and the Triangle attack are new unique moves, while the Circle attack is just his standard Rider Kick with elements attached to it.

- You get a decent selection of figures just from playing all the levels. Some levels get locked as you progress through the story, but you can go back in Free mode and (apparently) get them again.

- You will unlock the primary Heisei riders early on. I'm assuming that the secondaries and Showa riders are unlocked in a batch too. Ghost is unlocked by default, and Drive/Mach are unlocked in the first 20 minutes of the game (thank goodness, since Ghost is a chore to play as).

- I don't understand the tag system at all. Sometimes I press the command buttons and the assist doesn't come out, despite having enough tag gauge to use it. Perhaps there is a cooldown?

Top Bottom