• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis - Free DLC/new screens/latest trailer + opening

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just had a look at how Genesis is doing on the Amazon.jp rankings:

PS4 - 16th
PS3 - 7th
Vita - 5th

Not bad, all things considered.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
More free DLC confirmed. Ghost Boost!

eN7xhgP.jpg

delSai

More free DLC confirmed. Ghost Boost!

eN7xhgP.jpg

Oh wow, i just watched that episode. Awesome that it got in. Is it known which Eyecons Ghost can use in the game?
And man, i'm glad Specter is a DLC Rider, i would've be kinda sad if he didn't get in. I hope the little songs/raps that play during there transformations are being played in the game as well.
I really dont know if i should wait for a price drop or preorder. Urgh.

I wish we could get a Power Rangers game like this.

Yeah, that would be amazing. Maybe there's going to be a game with the new Movie next year.

Tizoc

$55 without shipping fees for PS4 version....
Dunno if I should bite, on the one hand I want to kick ass as Kamen Riders, on the other, the price is a little too high for me and I'm a guy who trades in games to drop PS4 prices under $50 ^^;

Yoooo holy shit, this is great.

For context, it's a gameplay trailer for all the Showa Riders. Stronger, Super-1, Black, and Black RX all look really fun.

EDIT: And according to the official site there's five more of these videos coming, as well. 2000-2006, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2016, and DLC characters.

It took me a second to figure out why the videos would come out stinted like that and then I remembered Kabuto & Fourze so makes sense on that front.

Narrator power up for Showa Riders still is the best mechanic in a toku game.

Indeed. Indeed.

Tizoc

Yep, you could activate a power up that would turn screen grainy, and any special attack (including finishers) done after it will be more powerful and pause the game to have Narrator expalain it...

Holy crap, what CH games had it and which is the best one of them gameplay wise?

Holy crap, what CH games had it and which is the best one of them gameplay wise?

Tizoc trying to get down with the Super Climax Heroes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515630

Shaowebb did his thing with the OP for the game and I maybe made a video or 2 explaining how the game works.

It truly for all that it is a fun fighting game I wish more people would play. Give it a go on the Wii if you get a chance.

Site's in the process of updating. Here's the DLC figure you get for buying the Colorless Images single.

3hFXxHF.jpg

ONORE DIKEDO!!

This music single shit again?!

Fine.

You win this round.

Whoa, where's the Kabuto clip? I guess he's being counted as the 2007 rider, which still doesn't make much sense.

I'll be waiting for a general consensus from this thread and Koei Warriors before I drop $80 on this. If it's got those same awful load times and janky uncapped framerate, I might just wait until it's on sale.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Whoa, where's the Kabuto clip? I guess he's being counted as the 2007 rider, which still doesn't make much sense.

I'll be waiting for a general consensus from this thread and Koei Warriors before I drop $80 on this. If it's got those same awful load times and janky uncapped framerate, I might just wait until it's on sale.

Nah, the videos are split up like this according to the website: 1971-1989, 2000-2006, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2016, and DLC. So Kabuto's still counted as 2006 because it started in 2006, but Hibiki is also counted as 2006 because it ended in 2006.

Here's how I'm pretty sure the videos are going to go:

2000-2006: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki
2006-2009: Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade
2009-2012: W, OOO, Fourze
2012-2016: Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost
DLC: Chaser, Specter, Ghost Boost

EDIT: And I'm going to assume that the framerate will at least be much improved in the PS4 version. Load times, maybe (hopefully), but definitely the framerate.

Tizoc

Tizoc trying to get down with the Super Climax Heroes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515630

Shaowebb did his thing with the OP for the game and I maybe made a video or 2 explaining how the game works.

It truly for all that it is a fun fighting game I wish more people would play. Give it a go on the Wii if you get a chance.

ONORE DIKEDO!!

This music single shit again?!

Fine.

You win this round.

Gracias mate, will def. check out that Wii game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
2006-2009 trailer is go!

EDIT: Thoughts:

- They're still using Kabuto's voice from the first two games, despite the fact that his (replacement) VA died a couple years back. That's kinda uncommon in Japan, as I understand (see Zato-1/Eddie in Guilty Gear, etc).
- It kinda looks like you get a bit more time in clock up now. Dude playing was pulling off some sick combos with Kabuto.
- Holy shit the horn on Kabuto's helmet actually raises up when you cast off now (same for Gatack). GOTY.
- Gatack looks SUPER FUN. Way, way moreso than Kabuto (who has always been kinda a slog to play as).
- They did what Climax Heroes couldn't do and got Gatack's Rider Kick right (with the run at the beginning).
- What the actual fuck is up with Den-O's "Ore Sanjou!" at the start there? It sounds more like Kintaros than Momotaros.
- Den-O looks pretty much the same overall. Not much to say. It's Den-O, he's always been fun to play.
- Zeronos looks pretty great. Love seeing Vega Form.
- They totally recast Kiva's voice. Still not Koji Seto, of course, but far better than in previous games.
- Other than that, Kiva looks pretty much unchanged as well.
- OH MY GOD IXA LOOKS SICK AS FUCK.
- No seriously I can't wait to use IXA holy shiiiiit. Dat energy burst when switching out of Save Mode omg.
- Both versions of Decade are, again, pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Sounds like Inoue might have recorded some new VA, though.
- Diend looks fun, love the usage of Kamenrides.
- Still with the shitty re-recorded version of "Final Attackride D-D-D-DIEND" instead of the one used in the show. Why is this the only one changed in the games?
- DCD Kuuga: Exactly the same as normal Kuuga except with Rising Ultimate. Ok.

I'm surprised they didn't use Gatack's Hyper form from the Kabuto HBV video. He's still looks cool and all, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't go that far. Also, Gatack's actor must be a chain smoker, because he sounds rough as guts.

That Diend though. Unf.

Mr-Joker

Banned
2006-2009 trailer is go!

EDIT: Thoughts:

- They're still using Kabuto's voice from the first two games, despite the fact that his (replacement) VA died a couple years back. That's kinda uncommon in Japan, as I understand (see Zato-1/Eddie in Guilty Gear, etc).
- It kinda looks like you get a bit more time in clock up now. Dude playing was pulling off some sick combos with Kabuto.
- Holy shit the horn on Kabuto's helmet actually raises up when you cast off now (same for Gatack). GOTY.
- Gatack looks SUPER FUN. Way, way moreso than Kabuto (who has always been kinda a slog to play as).
- They did what Climax Heroes couldn't do and got Gatack's Rider Kick right (with the run at the beginning).
- What the actual fuck is up with Den-O's "Ore Sanjou!" at the start there? It sounds more like Kintaros than Momotaros.
- Den-O looks pretty much the same overall. Not much to say. It's Den-O, he's always been fun to play.
- Zeronos looks pretty great. Love seeing Vega Form.
- They totally recast Kiva's voice. Still not Koji Seto, of course, but far better than in previous games.
- Other than that, Kiva looks pretty much unchanged as well.
- OH MY GOD IXA LOOKS SICK AS FUCK.
- No seriously I can't wait to use IXA holy shiiiiit. Dat energy burst when switching out of Save Mode omg.
- Both versions of Decade are, again, pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Sounds like Inoue might have recorded some new VA, though.
- Diend looks fun, love the usage of Kamenrides.
- Still with the shitty re-recorded version of "Final Attackride D-D-D-DIEND" instead of the one used in the show. Why is this the only one changed in the games?
- DCD Kuuga: Exactly the same as normal Kuuga except with Rising Ultimate. Ok.

Honestly Kabuto is pushing me to pre-order the game...I should watch Kabuto some time. >_<;

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seeing the tertiary Riders appear alongside Diend makes me want them playable now---fucking love Saga.

The free dlc will be made available on JP PSN via the webstore right? I want to get this but will wait for it to drop in price ^^;

All the DLC for playable riders has been free in the past.

You'll have to buy a music single to get the special figure however.

Site's in the process of updating. Here's the DLC figure you get for buying the Colorless Images single.

3hFXxHF.jpg

This.

Gotta love tradition!

Snaku

Banned
Kabuto is only good for the first few episodes. The show's writing completely falls apart into nonsense around 10 episodes in.

I actually really liked the slice of life aspect of the show, and didn't really mind that the main "plot" unraveled into shit because most modern Rider shows suffer from poorly planned end games. The only Heisei Rider show with a satisfying plot and ending I can think of would be Blade. Then they ruined all of that with that shitshow of a movie. I blame Decade.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dunno, I like Fourze's end game too, and
stupid AI robot waifu
aside, Drive had good end game too.

WillyFive

Fourze had a great endgame, and so did Gaim (albeit the last 15 minutes or so of the show are kinda....well, weird to say the least).

Top Bottom